oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@smogsterking the Inspirati I'm assuming you are based in the NE. Do you manage to get to the County Cricket much? 

I'm pretty lucky that I have a County club on my doorstep I wish I could dedicate more time to it. As I'd love to be able to watch the 4 day games, but they always seem to be in the week. Usual I make the T20 games, as they are shorter and usually on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Yes based in Middlesbrough. I have managed to get to a couple of the England games based at Durham over the past couple of years and going to Headingley this summer for the Test match assuming Covid allows.  I follow county cricket but haven't managed to get to any matches i do like going to the local clubs like Guisborough, Normanby to watch on a Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Yes based in Middlesbrough. I have managed to get to a couple of the England games based at Durham over the past couple of years and going to Headingley this summer for the Test match assuming Covid allows.  I follow county cricket but haven't managed to get to any matches i do like going to the local clubs like Guisborough, Normanby to watch on a Sunday. 

I live a stones throw from Sophia Gardens,  so get to watch Glamorgan a fair bit.  My 7 year old is developing a bit of an interest in cricket so hoping to get him along to some T20 blast matches (not sure I can keep him focused for a 4 day game)

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I live a stones throw from Sophia Gardens,  so get to watch Glamorgan a fair bit.  My 7 year old is developing a bit of an interest in cricket so hoping to get him along to some T20 blast matches (not sure I can keep him focused for a 4 day game)

Hang on a minute. Are you saying that if you go to watch cricket you can drink beer in the stands and your missus lets you go for 4 straight days? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I think seven is a bit young to be drinking beer...  make him wait till he's ten, like the rest of us 🙂

Not at all. Give him an advantage over the other kids by starting him early OC 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Cycle lanes?

Could be the only place they’re allowed to compete 😳

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Uwe said:

British cycling could be in a very bad place just now 😮

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/cycling/56367117

I think it is only the Dr. that is being questioned in all this. Obviously his involvement will raise questions about the wider structure but if I remember rightly Wiggins, Brailsford, Team Sky and British Cycling as a whole has already been through this and not been found guilty of anything.

On 3/7/2021 at 7:28 PM, Blanco said:

Not at all. Give him an advantage over the other kids by starting him early OC 🤷‍♂️

That may be the case in Ireland, but not over here. 😝

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

That may be the case in Ireland, but not over here. 😝

Well that is the reason good Whiskey 🥃 was invented @AnglianRed.... so the Irish ☘️ wouldn’t rule the world 🌎 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Good to see England win in India.

Good captain is Owen

It was...now just watch them prepare godawful pitches for the rest of the series... 🤔🙄

Also, the skipper's name is Eioioioioioion...its the Irish version of Owen.

Wonder if Blanco is either proud, or feels like we do when Wkye scores for Sunderland? 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It was...now just watch them prepare godawful pitches for the rest of the series... 🤔🙄

Also, the skipper's name is Eioioioioioion...its the Irish version of Owen.

Wonder if Blanco is either proud, or feels like we do when Wkye scores for Sunderland? 

Depends on what England were doing in India I suppose 🤷‍♂️ What was it ? Darts? Skittles? Quoits?