oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

England hold on huge performance today, France's Grand Slam is dead. Really hope France can beat Wales. As Wales winning a Grand slam this year will genuinely be the most flukey Grand Slams ever! 

Its a shame England discipline has been quite costly this year although injuries and the odd referee call haven't helped. It was a good win today though. Itoje had a great game today.

Wales always seem to have a knack for performing in a Lions year. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

In other news, Murray Walker has died. I lost interest in F1 many years ago, but I loved it in the 90s and he was central to my enjoyment. Brilliant commentator, lovely guy, sad loss to the world of sport and journalism.

Very sad news.

Came across as a thoroughly lovely, genuine bloke...probably also the biggest F1 ever. He was the voice of F1 for decades. His enthusiasm came across clearly in his commentary and he was probably responsible for me becoming a fan.

2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

England hold on huge performance today, France's Grand Slam is dead. Really hope France can beat Wales. As Wales winning a Grand slam this year will genuinely be the most flukey Grand Slams ever! 

A real nail-biter that one. I really didn't think England would pull it back.

Was rather frustrated we kicked possession away so much, but once it got down to the wire, England just kept the ball, phase after phase and did what they do so well.

Another example of good video refereeing for Itoje's try. 🎥 📺🏉

1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Its a shame England discipline has been quite costly this year although injuries and the odd referee call haven't helped. It was a good win today though. Itoje had a great game today.

Wales always seem to have a knack for performing in a Lions year. 

Yeah discipline (or lack of) killed us against Wales and Scotland. Itoje was good today, but he hasn't been at his best this tournament, but you could say that for a lot of the team.

With Gatland in charge of the Lions half the Welsh lads know their plan seat is booked already! 😂

27 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

A real nail-biter that one. I really didn't think England would pull it back.

Was rather frustrated we kicked possession away so much, but once it got down to the wire, England just kept the ball, phase after phase and did what they do so well.

Another example of good video refereeing for Itoje's try. 🎥 📺🏉

I was more worried in the first half than the second as I thought France would score more than they did. Luckily we stayed with them points wise. But second half England were very dominant, got into a lot of good positions but couldn't convert. I always thought we'd score, but wasn't expecting it to be as late as it was in the end.

The kicking game today was very good from us, most of the time today it was all about manufacturing territory from relatively poor positions. I remember Ford getting loose ball and pumping it down field. But the angle of Ford's kick meant that the covering French player could only really kick it dead straight, as it happened he spooned it out into touch and gave England a lineout between the 22 and halfway.

12 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Very sad news.

Came across as a thoroughly lovely, genuine bloke...probably also the biggest F1 ever. He was the voice of F1 for decades. His enthusiasm came across clearly in his commentary and he was probably responsible for me becoming a fan.

He was a lovely guy, down to earth,  incredibly enthusiastic and entertaining. I did a shoot with Murray and Stirling Moss a few years back and they were such a great double act. RIP

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He was a lovely guy, down to earth,  incredibly enthusiastic and entertaining. I did a shoot with Murray and Stirling Moss a few years back and they were such a great double act. RIP

I usually subscribe to the 'don't meet your heroes' philosophy, but I'm a bit jealous you met Murray Walker. Was he easy to talk to?

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I usually subscribe to the 'don't meet your heroes' philosophy, but I'm a bit jealous you met Murray Walker. Was he easy to talk to?

He was brilliant, really friendly to the crew, happy to re-record anything that was needed and full of stories. Having Sterling Moss sat next to him upped the anti, they were obviously very good friends.
The programme we were making was publicity for a kids car based cartoon series and they were both so easy to work with, in stark contrast to the famous Northern comedian that we filmed in the afternoon for the same show.

Now he was a real case of never meet your heroes. 

• Thanks 1
On 3/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He was brilliant, really friendly to the crew, happy to re-record anything that was needed and full of stories. Having Sterling Moss sat next to him upped the anti, they were obviously very good friends.
The programme we were making was publicity for a kids car based cartoon series and they were both so easy to work with, in stark contrast to the famous Northern comedian that we filmed in the afternoon for the same show.

Now he was a real case of never meet your heroes. 

Ooh! Ross Noble always seems like a nice bloke... 😲

Though I could imagine Jason Manford being a bit mardy if he wasn't in the mood for something.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Though I could imagine Jason Manford being a bit mardy if he wasn't in the mood for something.

Ross Noble supposedly is a very lovely bloke, I would be extremely surprised if that turned out to be who Billy was talking about!

My guess would actually be Peter Kay, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I’ve had it on quite good authority that Jason Manford is a sleazy snake of a man 

32 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Really? 😞 That would upset me because I like Jason.

A good friend of mine went to see him and exchanged phone numbers under the guise of getting tickets he then pursued her for meeting up for drinks even though he was married 

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Ross Noble supposedly is a very lovely bloke, I would be extremely surprised if that turned out to be who Billy was talking about!

My guess would actually be Peter Kay, I think.

One of my work mates met Ross Noble in Nandos. Said he was very nice. Signed a napkin for her.

I do hope you're not talking Bob Mortimer @BillyWoofs_shinpad!

24 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

One of my work mates met Ross Noble in Nandos. Said he was very nice. Signed a napkin for her.

I do hope you're not talking Bob Mortimer @BillyWoofs_shinpad!

No @Brunners guessed right it was indeed Peter Kay.

I’ve not properly met Bob, I’ve seen him at a few away matches but never disturbed him. I’m sure he’s a very nice guy. I worked with Vic once and he was a little distant, but nowhere near as offish as Peter Kay.

• Like 2