oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

If the queen does step down I hope Charles passes and it goes straight onto Wills and Kate. Think the Royal family need a major facelift if you know what I mean 

That’s a bit harsh on Charles, he’s been waiting a long time. I think he’ll make an excellent king. Saying that, I don’t think for a moment that the queen will abdicate and it’s a bit sick to expect her to die soon just because she’s lost her husband. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Uwe said:

If the queen does step down I hope Charles passes and it goes straight onto Wills and Kate. Think the Royal family need a major facelift if you know what I mean 

I'd imagine most of the country feels the same way.

They'd have to rewrite the succession protocols, but its not like royal families have never skipped a generation when they felt the next in line was unsuitable.

Not sure how Charles would feel about it...but then he's been waiting pretty much his whole life and is probably now at a stage where he just wants to do his own thing. What is he - 70-odd now?

it’s a bit sick to expect her to die soon just because she’s lost her husband.

Calm down mate. Nobody's expecting her to die. Its just something that happens a fair bit to elderly couples who have been married a very long time. Even without that, she is over 90 years old. Thats pretty good going by any standards.

In fairness to him Charles probably would make a decent king. Its just the baggage that comes with him. The whole sorry business with Diana and there would likely be a mixed reaction from the public to Camilla.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Yes sad news about the DOE but not unexpected.

Married couples of their ages tend to show that when one partner dies the other follows in a relatively short time but with her duties I would imagine the Queen will go on for a few years yet.

Yeah it’s not the same scenario as your Aunty Doris that lived in sheltered accommodation in Redcar with just a portable tv a fan heater and a pile of Gardner’s World magazines for company, that pines for her recently departed husband, complains about the food and doesn’t get on with the rest of the residents, especially that Maureen who drinks Campari on Friday afternoons and insists on being a member of every club and committee going. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm not sure the Queen is going to abdicate any time soon, she has her Platinum Jubilee next June (plus very selfishly we all get an extra BH next year for it).

Good point - probably the year after then.

God its like discussing how much longer Warnock is going to go on for, isn't it? 😁

55 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yeah it’s not the same scenario as your Aunty Doris that lived in sheltered accommodation in Redcar with just a portable tv a fan heater and a pile of Gardner’s World magazines for company, that pines for her recently departed husband, complains about the food and doesn’t get on with the rest of the residents, especially that Maureen who drinks Campari on Friday afternoons and insists on being a member of every club and committee going.

Fair point. A big part of longevity and how long you maintain your physical fitness, mental faculties etc. is down to how active you are and how you exercise the grey matter.

She should probably start doing a couple of laps of Sandringham every morning, Captain Tom style. Followed by a leisurely afternoon of sudoku, then an intense evening session of Call of Duty. 😉

Well after that dismal Boro display, if anyone fancies watching a bit more Rugby today, Northampton Saints vs Ulster (Europa League equivalent) should be a cracker.

Probably see a bit more football on display, Saints tend to utilise the grubber and chase very well. 

• 4 weeks later...