Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Its hasn't really got a lot of attention on here but what a great Olympics for GB and to top it off Jason Kenny winning gold today having looked past his best he absolutely destroyed the field. Also I think the best performance from anyone this Olympics was the Norwegian Warholm in the 400 meter hurdles where he absolutely smashed the world record.

I'm glad it's only 3 years until the next one now.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Its hasn't really got a lot of attention on here but what a great Olympics for GB and to top it off Jason Kenny winning gold today having looked past his best he absolutely destroyed the field. Also I think the best performance from anyone this Olympics was the Norwegian Warholm in the 400 meter hurdles where he absolutely smashed the world record.

Agreed. I honestly didn't think I'd get into this Olympics, with it being on the other side of the world and half the events happening while I was asleep etc. Also thought it would be pretty lacklustre with no crowds.

Boy was I wrong.

Mostly watched the rowing, boxing, cycling, swimming, hockey and triathlon. Caught bits and pieces of other events like pentathlon, BMX, Judo & sailing.

Fantastic performances across the board (except maybe the rowing) to deliver one of our best ever medal hauls. Also thought the mixed triathlon & swimming relay events were great...giving men & women the chance to compete on equal footings.

Favourite performance was probably Sky Brown in the skateboarding. She messed up one of her major tricks twice, but nailed it on the third attempt and landed a bronze medal. A lot of adults wouldn't be able to come back from that.

Either her or Charlotte Worthington, who recovered from a fall in her first run to land a trick that had never been done before and win gold in BMX freestyle.

• Like 2

Aye, the Olympics has been superb, especially given the circumstances. 

It may sound strange but it's felt like the athletes have been competing with each other, as opposed to against each other, there's been a lot of camaraderie and excellent sportsmanship throughout.

My highlight has to be the Italian and Qatari high jumper sharing the Gold medal after nothing could separate them, but also seeing Sky Brown (who I've known about for a few years) getting Bronze in the skateboarding after getting Gold at the X-Games earlier this year.

Oh and Tom Daley and Matty Lee beating the Chinese to 10m Synchro Gold was pretty special, even more so given how the Chinese utterly dominated the rest of the diving events.

Roll on Paris!

35 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It had it's critisms about being held at all but it has been an incredible games! Not only for GB but also as a whole. London 2012 was genuinely really spectacular, but Rio and Toyko have been right up there too. Truly is the greatest show on earth.

Only downsides is it was all played out with no spectators and BBC not being able to show more of the games live.

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It had it's critisms about being held at all but it has been an incredible games! Not only for GB but also as a whole. London 2012 was genuinely really spectacular, but Rio and Toyko have been right up there too. Truly is the greatest show on earth.

Only downsides is it was all played out with no spectators and BBC not being able to show more of the games live.

Most of the outdoors events had spectators, Mountain Biking certainly did and the BMX events did with limited capacity but yeah, The BBC losing most of the broadcast rights to Discovery was a big deal. Hopefully by Paris things will be more or less back to normal (or a "new" normal) and we'll be able to watch events in full and live, with full stadiums.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved this Olympics. Got really invested in sports I’ve never seen before. 
The speed climbing was superhuman. I doubt I could go up the fricken stairs that quick. 
Gutsiest performance was Charlotte Worthington in the BMX freestyle. To pull off a stunt never before seen (in women’s bmx) that only earlier she crashed on to claim gold. 
Swimmers magnificent, sailors were best in class. Laura Muir brilliant. I’ve loved it all. 
The only disappointment was the GB rowers which Sir Steve Redgrave has heavily criticised for their soft approach. 

Bravo Japan 🇯🇵 👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

If you have contacts then surely you don't need glasses? 😁

He needs contacts to find his glasses! And so did I the other night, when my kitten ran off with the specs I'd left on my bedside unit...

• Haha 2