oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

Yes I did Marcus initially out of interest as to how she was doing but stayed with it right to the end.

Very well done and high time a British competitor did not cave into the pressure of the event, handled the nerves so well!

Her life and fortunes have changed overnight

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

I watched bits of it including the final 3 games of the second set. 
Really pleased for her especially after what happened in Wimbledon. 
I’ve always preferred women’s tennis as you get longer/better rally’s and it’s not just the serve and return of the men’s game. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Yes I did Marcus initially out of interest as to how she was doing but stayed with it right to the end.

Very well done and high time a British competitor did not cave into the pressure of the event, handled the nerves so well!

Her life and fortunes have changed overnight

Indeed. I think she earned something like $500,000 just for reaching the final, then picked up a winner's cheque worth $2.5m. 😮🤑

The flip side of that being she is now a celebrity and is going to have to put up with intense media scrutiny. Still, if she can handle that like she handles the pressure of playing in big matches, she should be okay.

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Perhaps we can all go out at 7pm and do a Boycie laugh in the road.

Sad news, that.

I am physically unable to do a Boycie impression with saying the name “Marlene”

Joshua has always reminded me a bit of Frank Bruno (without the personality)..  good puncher but not quite complete as a boxer. Hopefully this defeat can lead to a bit of progress in the division as it seems to have really stagnated in last few years. If/when Fury beats Wilder, a match with Usyk would be intriguing, but hopefully it would not take as long to sort as most fights seem to now as I can't believe that lengthy periods without a fight are good for anybody in that sport 

• Like 1

Watched the fight last night and was amazed at how passive Joshua was. Took him 3 rounds to realise he was in a fight.

Usyk more or less bossed it from start to finish. AJ had 2-3 good rounds where he looked like he might get back in it, but Usyk just kept coming back. Almost had AJ on the canvas in the final round. Definitely a worthy winner. 

Hearn said Joshua needed to make "fundamental changes" for the rematch. I'd suggest he starts by actually throwing some punches early on.

AJ seems to box like an Olympian, looking to score points. Usyk boxed like someone trying to win belts. He got in Joshua's face from the start, looking to hurt him and eventually going for the KO.

AJ has nearly all the tools...the size, the physique and the technique. He just lacks the mentality, that ruthless streak pro boxers need.

Very true, think that if he ever does fight Fury, it would not end well as he doesn't seem to posses the ability to adapt to situations as they unfold. If Plan A doesn't work, there does not seem to be a Plan B, C or D and for me, that is the mark of a real champion, such as Lewis, Ali, McGuigan and the rest  

I’m not pleased that AJ lost but I’m happy for Usyk of that makes sense. AJ’s footwork was non existent last night. I also don’t think he underestimated Usyk, it’s just that Usyk is a much much better boxer than him. 

• Like 1