Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

4 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just thought I'd put up what a fight Fury and Wilder was. I don't think Wilder can make excuses for this loss.

Got up early to watch that fight. So glad I did. Brilliant from both men. But watching the realisation on wilders face that he just doesn’t have the tools or tactics to beat Fury was priceless

• 1 month later...

I was running late getting to the match yesterday and as a result I praked on the grass verge on the A66 slip road.  When I returned to my car after the match there was a parking warning notice on my car from the council. Has anyone had one of these before and can I get a parking ticket for parking on the grass verge?

1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

I was running late getting to the match yesterday and as a result I praked on the grass verge on the A66 slip road.  When I returned to my car after the match there was a parking warning notice on my car from the council. Has anyone had one of these before and can I get a parking ticket for parking on the grass verge?

Yeah, there was a big drive to get people to stop parking there a couple of years ago. They started by giving out those warnings, then the next game gave people tickets (not sure if they kept track of who had had warnings and only ticketed them though)

5 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Yeah, there was a big drive to get people to stop parking there a couple of years ago. They started by giving out those warnings, then the next game gave people tickets (not sure if they kept track of who had had warnings and only ticketed them though)

Thanks for that I dont think I will chance my arm again then......do you know if the same applied to all the cars poarked down to the Shepherdson Way roundabout, or just those on the A66 Slip?

22 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Thanks for that I dont think I will chance my arm again then......do you know if the same applied to all the cars poarked down to the Shepherdson Way roundabout, or just those on the A66 Slip?

Not sure. I would guess both. There's a bit about it in here about half way down (turns out it was a bit more than 2 years ago haha) https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/two-years-warnings-double-yellow-13486638

On 11/21/2021 at 9:02 PM, JonnyMFC said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/important-car-parking-information-for-home-matches

It would appear they are taking an interest in the parking again!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/important-car-parking-information-for-home-matches

It would appear they are taking an interest in the parking again!

I hope this doesn't include the spots just off Cargo Fleet Lane, I park near Upex Pies and walk up from there. I've never had a warning notice put on my car, mind, so it might not be there that's the problem.

It's great that they share a list of car parks but I've no idea how up to date that information is. Some places handle it differently on match-days too or around Christmas and I can't see anything about that on the link they posted. I'm parked in the Zetland for work today and I think it said it closes at 11:30pm today on the way in but most days it closes at 7:30pm, meaning your car would be stuck from before 15 minutes before kick-off on a weeknight game like today. I don't fancy chancing that myself so I'm gonna be going to be taking it out and to my regular matchday spot.

It'd be good if they shared a map of the areas around the ground they're referring to.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I hope this doesn't include the spots just off Cargo Fleet Lane, I park near Upex Pies and walk up from there. I've never had a warning notice put on my car, mind, so it might not be there that's the problem.

It's great that they share a list of car parks but I've no idea how up to date that information is. Some places handle it differently on match-days too or around Christmas and I can't see anything about that on the link they posted. I'm parked in the Zetland for work today and I think it said it closes at 11:30pm today on the way in but most days it closes at 7:30pm, meaning your car would be stuck from before 15 minutes before kick-off on a weeknight game like today. I don't fancy chancing that myself so I'm gonna be going to be taking it out and to my regular matchday spot.

It'd be good if they shared a map of the areas around the ground they're referring to.

I think you will be ok around Upex pies, i uised to park there and never got any bother, it can be a bit of a pain to get out, but then again its the same where ever you park.

• Like 1

Maybe the Club and the Council could put their heads together to work out how to satisfy the requirements of 20,000 plus customers attending a major event in the Town once or twice a week. Maybe the Council could even consider these things when providing planning approval in the first instance. How difficult is it to work out that a venue that holds nigh on 35,000 people will need a surrounding infrastructure to support safe passage to and from the event with the required resources for trains, buses and automobiles?

Solving a problem in the first instance is usually far more practical and durable than reacting (continually for decades) after the event/s and then wondering why they still have a problem and in the process blaming the customers when they find their own solution for the ineptitude repeatedly shown by officials.

Perhaps having adequate and safe parking for about 8 times the amount currently provided might help. I doubt very much that people want to risk damaging an expensive car (whether it's £500 or £50,000, it's all relative) by driving it up over kerbs and onto muddy grass verges and banks. It's comical to see the ranks of Hi-Vis vests and Peaked Caps out on a mission, swarming over parked vehicles just after KO and then literally fleeing 15 minutes before the final whistle. 

It's been over 25 years since the Riverside was built and still nothing has ever been done to solve the problem just merely whine and whinge about the symptoms, year after year. Dockside Road is jammed packed with cars parked all over on a street that isn't maintained at all let along poorly with fans having to walk on "pavements" covered in inch thick clay and sediment which on wet days is taking your life in your hands so walking on the road to avoid slipping and overhanging shrubbery is far safer. I guess fining pedestrians is a bit trickier and doesn't make as much money while solving absolutely nothing. Still it's only football fans and they are all sub human scum.

• Like 1