oneBoro Forum
bugrit

The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football

Massive congratulations to Japan, what a game of rugby against Scotland and so pleased the game was played.

South Africa for them in the quarter finals, will they be too hard to beat? With the way Japan play I am not so sure as this could be the game of the tournament so far!

If England do not win then I want the "Cherry Blossoms" to go all the way.

Some incredibly exciting looking quarter finals in the Rugby world cup, Saturday and Sunday!

England vs Australia first up, then New Zealand vs Ireland afterwards!

• Like 1

Indeed I think both Saturday games are tough to call. Ireland have a fully fit team and probably had the wake up call after Japan. That game will come down to whether Ireland score regularly when on the attack. New Zealand show time and time again they can score at any point whether on top or under the cosh. I'm going to go for a shock here for Ireland.

England should be favourites based on past games against them and I think they will edge Australia but will be who has the bottle. I'm thinking under a 5 point margin.

But think South Africa and Wales will win their quarter finals on Sunday. That said Japan have been a joy to watch and would have hurt most teams in that 40 odd minute spell they had against Scotland. I think they must be banging on the door for regular top tier test matches. 

My semi finalists are Ireland England South Africa and Wales.

• Like 1

We are now into the territory where anything can happen, history and the form books go out the window.

But I do think England will have more than enough to power past the Aussies today. Think it will be a difficult game but do think England are just a bit too strong all over compared to Australia. England by 10.

New Zealand vs Ireland is too close too call. If Murray, Sexton and Co turn up like they did 12-18 months ago this one could go to the wire. If they don't I can't see anything but a Kiwi win. Think New Zealand by 5. (Hope I'm wrong as I'd love an England vs Ireland Semi).

Here we go!!!!

Australia have started quickly and well. England a little sluggish, those 2 weeks of rest have probably had an effect. England so far though have had effectively a 10 minute defensive spell and weathered it well. 

Think we will start to see England ramp up the pressure over the next 10-15 minutes. We seem to just be starting to get into our groove.

I’m drinking Czech beer in a Irish bar in Kazakhstan 🇰🇿 watching the rugby 

quintessential Englishness 

• Like 2