oneBoro Forum
bugrit

The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football

Wales win, must say the try Wales scored to win is a contentious one. Looked as if the ball went forward after the strip.

Anyway on to the big one Japan vs South Africa! All logic tells me the Boks will win, their physicality and strength should be way too much for Japan. But the speed and intricacy of the Japanese attack could cause some real issues against the big South African pack and also late in the game too.

I'm expecting to see a hell of a lot of penalties against the Japanese in the contact area, when they cannot get to ground and are held up. Scotland had a lot of success with that tactic last game and I expect the Boks to target that.

Well done to Wales, France lost that due to their own discipline to a degree, yes the try was possibly dubious but replays allowed it to stand.

As you say the highly anticipated game of the quarter finals and I am a fan of the Japanese team now follows.

Would love to see the "cherries" get through to the semi finals and their very polite fans go wild!

really enjoying this world cup and especially the quarter finals. im not usually a big watcher of rugby but not completely ignorant of what im watching.  England have been very impressive both technically  and entertaing wise ,  New Zealand are what New Zealand are .  To quote  a phrase used in football,  if any team finishes above or does better than them ,they will be champions .    Wales v France was a close run thing in the end probably dictated by the stupidity of the sending off.  Now the final Quarter Final sees Japan v South Africa.   South Africa were and are still my tip as finalists and even in thier defeat to NZ i saw evidence to stick to that prediction. But this game is thier banana skin , Japan have been  joy to watch and are even better than four years ago  technically add to that the passionate home support and youve got to respect thier chance in this game. tbh im enjoying watching them so much that i want them to win today and  for me SA are slight better than Wales on the whole so if they do manage to win this theres no reason they cant actually make the final.  this match is one im really looking forward to . the winners imo will be in the final. but will lose the final.

Powerful start from the Springboks. The difference in power is so obvious at the set pieces. 

Still think Japan's pace of attack will start to show.

What an attack by Japan out wide, shame it hasn't resulted in a score! 

Silly mistake at the ruck to give South Africa an easy kick to clear their lines!

For me Japan need the next score, to have a chance of winning this. If they score next this game will go to the wire.

Think the warning signs have been coming, wouldn't be surprised to see the Boks run in a few this next half, if Japan don't score next.

Game over I think now. Shame as it has kind of unravelled this half for Japan. But they have been the standout team this tournament!

Incredible maul from South Africa to set up that try