Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
bugrit

The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, boroie said:

“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.”

This one is so depressingly true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Uwe said:

Why do I feel that No7 was written by one of our very own members 

7. “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

I won’t say who as that would Cause Tension 😉

The Office Yes GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched a couple of films over the weekend, I really enjoyed The Irishman, the cinematography was superb and what a performance from Joe Pesci. I watched The Lighthouse last night, a brooding dark film shot in black on white on film using 1.19:1 aspect ratio. Again brilliant acting, William Dafoe and Robert Patterson were superb. I enjoyed both films immensely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropkick Murphys about to start a live gig on FB if anyone is into that

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t believe it’s not been mentioned before but Kenny Rogers died today. 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here work for UKmail/DHL or deal with them often?

Ordered a package before this whole isolation thing hit. Got an email yesterday with tracking info on for DHL. This morning I got a text with a time scale on...

 

Anyway, it's now past the time scale so I went on tracking and there was a message that said "The delivery of your consignment is subject to a book in arrangement and will be delivered as soon as possible"

 

Does that mean its going to be late or that I have to book a special slot because honestly I could read it both ways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping someone with a more technical mind than I could help out with a laptop recommendation as I'm useless at this stuff and extremely indecisive. I've broken down my priorities in the hope that I can find my perfect laptop

Priority 1 - a laptop that can run football manager 2020 and beyond at a high performance level for at least the next 4-5 years. I'd like to be able to select 8-10 countries to load all leagues on and use a huge database.

Priority 2 - size, durability and mobility - something slim and portable, sleek design and will last for at least 4-5 years.

Priority 3 - ssd size/upgradability. I'd like something with a decent sized ssd to begin with or at least the possibility of adding to it with ease. same with ram.

Priority 4 - screen quality - dont know much about this to be honest, but I'll probably be watching movies and tv semi regularly so a decent screen would be appreciated but not top priority

Priority 5 - also not a major thing but it would be a bonus if it could also handle other gaming for the next couple of years on medium settings.

Price wise I'm fairly flexible but it would take a deal of amazing proportions for me to go past £650, though ideally I'd like to get the cheapest possible that hits my first couple of priorities.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Was hoping someone with a more technical mind than I could help out with a laptop recommendation as I'm useless at this stuff and extremely indecisive. I've broken down my priorities in the hope that I can find my perfect laptop

Priority 1 - a laptop that can run football manager 2020 and beyond at a high performance level for at least the next 4-5 years. I'd like to be able to select 8-10 countries to load all leagues on and use a huge database.

Priority 2 - size, durability and mobility - something slim and portable, sleek design and will last for at least 4-5 years.

Priority 3 - ssd size/upgradability. I'd like something with a decent sized ssd to begin with or at least the possibility of adding to it with ease. same with ram.

Priority 4 - screen quality - dont know much about this to be honest, but I'll probably be watching movies and tv semi regularly so a decent screen would be appreciated but not top priority

Priority 5 - also not a major thing but it would be a bonus if it could also handle other gaming for the next couple of years on medium settings.

Price wise I'm fairly flexible but it would take a deal of amazing proportions for me to go past £650, though ideally I'd like to get the cheapest possible that hits my first couple of priorities.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asus-tuf-gaming-fx505-ryzen-5-3550h-8gb-256gb-ssd-radeon-rx-560x-4gb-15.6-i-fx505dy-bq009t/version.asp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've seen this on offers a few times for 550ish, is there any particular reason you think itll tick my boxes? Sorry, completely useless with translating specs to actual performance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I've seen this on offers a few times for 550ish, is there any particular reason you think itll tick my boxes? Sorry, completely useless with translating specs to actual performance 

It's a dedicated gaming laptop, most really high spec ones go for over a grand but that'll be decent enough for a good few years. 8gb RAM means you'll be able to run multiple leagues in FM and play nearly if not all current releases. The graphics card is decent and the processor is a quad core AMD which in my opinion are better than Intel processors. The hard drive space is standard but easily expandable plus you get an external drive fairly cheaply these days.

Plus it has a really cool red-LED backlit keyboard 🙂

The only downside, which isn't really an issue these days, is it doesn't come with an optical drive. Most laptops these days don't however as more and more people stream their content and download their games from platforms like Steam. If you're old school and have a physical copy of FM then you'll need to buy an external DVD-ROM drive.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any mechanics on here. 
 

I have a BMW M135i and for some reason the boot won’t latch closed when shut/pressed. On initial inspection I can’t see any damage around the locking mechanism so I’m thinking it’s not a alignment issue. 
any help/advice Would be greatly appreciated

 cheers 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today there was a boxing match between a man named Cheeseman and another man named Eggington. It's nice to see during these dark days there are still some rays of light.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brunners said:

Today there was a boxing match between a man named Cheeseman and another man named Eggington. It's nice to see during these dark days there are still some rays of light.

This is true. In a minor upset Eggington was beaten. So you could say that Cheeseman was harder and stronger that first thought 👍 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably late to the party for many but the Peter crouch podcast is brilliant. He’s genuinely a nice guy and very funny. Occasionally he talks candidly about football. And thinking about the conversations we had regarding leaders in a team and what would make a good captain the episode below is really interesting (to me any way) 
 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/that-peter-crouch-podcast/id1436030381

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • What a great result and I loved the lineup! Amazing how we didn’t crumble and let in loads of goals with Roberts in the team. Hopefully he gets more involvement going forward.    nice to see Spence and Johnson doing well and getting some credit too as that hasn’t happened much so far this season. Bringing them on when we are ahead may be a useful tactic given they will be more likely to have space to run into which suits them.    I know Watmore was a bit rusty as we’d expect but I think if he stays fit he could be a real bonus for us this season. 
    • Interesting question really, to which there is no easy answer. I guess it’s probably one of the essential questions of football strategy. Perhaps one of the reasons behind our excellent defensive record (so far) is that we do press, thus containing the opposition in their own half. Although playing the ball around in midfield might open up more options, it does give the other team more time to organise their defence. There is a lot to be said for counter-attacking football – basically the element of surprise – but it is risky because you are playing too much in your own half and over-relying on your defenders. I’m not a great fan of that, however good they are. To be honest, I’m quite happy with the way things are at present. Effectively we scored twice tonight (I don’t count own goals) and we were pretty clinical, which is a welcome change.  
    • Second the counter attacking style, fortunes have changed once I tried to use a high press as opposed to dominating the game with possession on Football Manager 21 haha!
    • I'd agree, with the squad available to us I don't think a full team high press quite works for us. I think sitting deeper, not pressing  as high up and letting the opposition push forwards to open up space behind their defence suits us best, with team in it's current form. Combine this with situational high presses like the first part I mentioned and as you say an emphasis on making the most from set pieces too could well be a real good tactic for us. I do think we have these basics in place already, but as you say a bit more adventure in certain areas could make all these little parts a really effective whole.
    • I'm not a massive fan of the second way and it is the way we've set up more often than not this season. But even with that general tactic I feel like there's better ways of exploiting it and we actually managed it in parts tonight - to me the key is set pieces. It we get the ball up early, do our high press then give the ball asap to Roberts, spence and tav in particular then they will draw fouls and corners. We just need to then be better at capitalising on these opportunities when we get them. It's not pretty but I do think with a couple of tweeks, the major one being more adventurous wing play, we can score a lot more goals in this system than we are.
×
×
  • Create New...