oneBoro Forum
bugrit

The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:
1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Totally agree i think the media like the Sun and Mail then people like Cummings/Farage/Johnson play that role over here. Unfortunately there are some self-righteous lefties that don't engage in debate and automatically label people racist/thick etc. I feel things like this caused the uprising of Trump and Brexit. 

An example recently was Chris Pratt not joining the Marvel cast at a democrat rally. Automatically people called him racist and scum yet he has never pledged his support for either party. But I have seen a lot of that on several issues. That stuff drives people further the other way than actually changing their viewpoint. 

Chris Pratt is almost definitely a Republican. 

Also people call him scum because the church he goes to is incredibly right wing, opposed to gay marriage, anti-abortion etc. I'm not saying Pratt himself holds those beliefs, but it says a lot about a person's character if that's the company they choose to keep. 

Going to say, whatever his actual beliefs, Chris Pratt doesn't help himself with the associations he has.

• Like 1

Feel like we are close to a resolution in the US. The BBC have called Wiscosin for Biden, but I think they'll need a recount there, but I don't think it'll change the result.

Georgia looks like it could go either way. Trump has a 0.2% lead there, but they still have votes to count (or not count depending on who you believe 😂). Think whoever wins there will win by the smallest of margins.

Pennsylvania the gap is closing constantly, but I wonder if they'll run out of votes to count before the lead swaps hands. Nevada is a close one too, but I think the mail in votes will stay skewed in Biden's favour.

And I think Arizona will end up blue, likewise North Carolina will end up red.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Feel like we are close to a resolution in the US. The BBC have called Wiscosin for Biden, but I think they'll need a recount there, but I don't think it'll change the result.

Georgia looks like it could go either way. Trump has a 0.2% lead there, but they still have votes to count (or not count depending on who you believe 😂). Think whoever wins there will win by the smallest of margins.

Pennsylvania the gap is closing constantly, but I wonder if they'll run out of votes to count before the lead swaps hands. Nevada is a close one too, but I think the mail in votes will stay skewed in Biden's favour.

And I think Arizona will end up blue, likewise North Carolina will end up red.

Fox have called Arizona for Biden. I bet Trump is furious.

Georgia lead is down to ~2500 votes with apparently around ~16000 votes left. If I'm right with my maths, that means he needs ~58% of the remaining votes to level it up. A recount is gonna happen either way you'd expect but will be very interesting if Biden can nick it.

Hear Trump's press conference earlier? He's completely *** lost it. The level of accusations with zero evidence, even Republicans are starting to distance themselves from him over this. He wasn't wrong, he really isn't a good loser is he?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Georgia lead is down to ~2500 votes with apparently around ~16000 votes left. If I'm right with my maths, that means he needs ~58% of the remaining votes to level it up. A recount is gonna happen either way you'd expect but will be very interesting if Biden can nick it.

Hear Trump's press conference earlier? He's completely *** lost it. The level of accusations with zero evidence, even Republicans are starting to distance themselves from him over this. He wasn't wrong, he really isn't a good loser is he?

And now everyone clearly sees why Judge Amy Barret ws appointed, her independant thought process will be questioned straight away

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

The man is actually a monster and a complete raving lunatic. His blatant attack on democracy is bad enough, but what's really bad is that despite all this, 68 MILLION AMERICANS STILL VOTED FOR HIM.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The man is actually a monster and a complete raving lunatic. His blatant attack on democracy is bad enough, but what's really bad is that despite all this, 68 MILLION AMERICANS STILL VOTED FOR HIM.

Well you have to remember a lot of Americans still think and act like the Revolutionary War never finished. They're wedded to their guns, have that survivalist / isolationist mentality and probably think Lincoln was a traitor for abolishing slavery. You only have to look at those white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys to get an idea of what your typical Trump supporter is like (though most are probably a bit less overt).

Just lucky that this time around the majority of Americans had the decency and common sense to vote the Orange Clown out of the White House. Also, as Wilson mentioned, even the Republican party have finally decided they no longer want anything to do with him. He's been hung out to dry and completely deserves it.

The only remaining obstacle are these legal challenges his campaign group is launching. The Democrats are gearing up to fight them, but it could still be quite a protracted process.

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well you have to remember a lot of Americans still think and act like the Revolutionary War never finished. They're wedded to their guns, have that survivalist / isolationist mentality and probably think Lincoln was a traitor for abolishing slavery. You only have to look at those white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys to get an idea of what your typical Trump supporter is like (though most are probably a bit less overt).

Just lucky that this time around the majority of Americans had the decency and common sense to vote the Orange Clown out of the White House. Also, as Wilson mentioned, even the Republican party have finally decided they no longer want anything to do with him. He's been hung out to dry and completely deserves it.

The only remaining obstacle are these legal challenges his campaign group is launching. The Democrats are gearing up to fight them, but it could still be quite a protracted process.

What time is the elction over on your stream? 😛

• Haha 2

I was talking to someone yesterday that has family in Galveston, Texas. 

They have said that all the gun shops are selling out because the Trump supporters are getting themselves ready for 'civil war'. 

Its absolutely terrifying. 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Hilary looks like she might be starting to falter...

• Haha 4

If Biden actually takes Georgia (and pretty much the Presidency as a result) the meltdown from the orange toddler is going to be immense.

What's worrying is in 4 years time he can run again, and probably will.

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Bush is trying to stop Gore getting votes recounted. 😜

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I was talking to someone yesterday that has family in Galveston, Texas. 

They have said that all the gun shops are selling out because the Trump supporters are getting themselves ready for 'civil war'. 

Its absolutely terrifying. 

Sadly also entirely predictable.

Thats the default response for people like that...any problem can be solved with enough firepower...