Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
bugrit

The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:
1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Totally agree i think the media like the Sun and Mail then people like Cummings/Farage/Johnson play that role over here. Unfortunately there are some self-righteous lefties that don't engage in debate and automatically label people racist/thick etc. I feel things like this caused the uprising of Trump and Brexit. 

An example recently was Chris Pratt not joining the Marvel cast at a democrat rally. Automatically people called him racist and scum yet he has never pledged his support for either party. But I have seen a lot of that on several issues. That stuff drives people further the other way than actually changing their viewpoint. 

Chris Pratt is almost definitely a Republican. 

Also people call him scum because the church he goes to is incredibly right wing, opposed to gay marriage, anti-abortion etc. I'm not saying Pratt himself holds those beliefs, but it says a lot about a person's character if that's the company they choose to keep. 

Going to say, whatever his actual beliefs, Chris Pratt doesn't help himself with the associations he has.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like we are close to a resolution in the US. The BBC have called Wiscosin for Biden, but I think they'll need a recount there, but I don't think it'll change the result.

Georgia looks like it could go either way. Trump has a 0.2% lead there, but they still have votes to count (or not count depending on who you believe 😂). Think whoever wins there will win by the smallest of margins.

Pennsylvania the gap is closing constantly, but I wonder if they'll run out of votes to count before the lead swaps hands. Nevada is a close one too, but I think the mail in votes will stay skewed in Biden's favour.

And I think Arizona will end up blue, likewise North Carolina will end up red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Feel like we are close to a resolution in the US. The BBC have called Wiscosin for Biden, but I think they'll need a recount there, but I don't think it'll change the result.

Georgia looks like it could go either way. Trump has a 0.2% lead there, but they still have votes to count (or not count depending on who you believe 😂). Think whoever wins there will win by the smallest of margins.

Pennsylvania the gap is closing constantly, but I wonder if they'll run out of votes to count before the lead swaps hands. Nevada is a close one too, but I think the mail in votes will stay skewed in Biden's favour.

And I think Arizona will end up blue, likewise North Carolina will end up red.

Fox have called Arizona for Biden. I bet Trump is furious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia lead is down to ~2500 votes with apparently around ~16000 votes left. If I'm right with my maths, that means he needs ~58% of the remaining votes to level it up. A recount is gonna happen either way you'd expect but will be very interesting if Biden can nick it.

Hear Trump's press conference earlier? He's completely *** lost it. The level of accusations with zero evidence, even Republicans are starting to distance themselves from him over this. He wasn't wrong, he really isn't a good loser is he?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Georgia lead is down to ~2500 votes with apparently around ~16000 votes left. If I'm right with my maths, that means he needs ~58% of the remaining votes to level it up. A recount is gonna happen either way you'd expect but will be very interesting if Biden can nick it.

Hear Trump's press conference earlier? He's completely *** lost it. The level of accusations with zero evidence, even Republicans are starting to distance themselves from him over this. He wasn't wrong, he really isn't a good loser is he?

And now everyone clearly sees why Judge Amy Barret ws appointed, her independant thought process will be questioned straight away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Georgia lead is down to ~2500 votes with apparently around ~16000 votes left. If I'm right with my maths, that means he needs ~58% of the remaining votes to level it up. A recount is gonna happen either way you'd expect but will be very interesting if Biden can nick it.

Hear Trump's press conference earlier? He's completely *** lost it. The level of accusations with zero evidence, even Republicans are starting to distance themselves from him over this. He wasn't wrong, he really isn't a good loser is he?

The man is actually a monster and a complete raving lunatic. His blatant attack on democracy is bad enough, but what's really bad is that despite all this, 68 MILLION AMERICANS STILL VOTED FOR HIM.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The man is actually a monster and a complete raving lunatic. His blatant attack on democracy is bad enough, but what's really bad is that despite all this, 68 MILLION AMERICANS STILL VOTED FOR HIM.

Well you have to remember a lot of Americans still think and act like the Revolutionary War never finished. They're wedded to their guns, have that survivalist / isolationist mentality and probably think Lincoln was a traitor for abolishing slavery. You only have to look at those white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys to get an idea of what your typical Trump supporter is like (though most are probably a bit less overt).

Just lucky that this time around the majority of Americans had the decency and common sense to vote the Orange Clown out of the White House. Also, as Wilson mentioned, even the Republican party have finally decided they no longer want anything to do with him. He's been hung out to dry and completely deserves it.

The only remaining obstacle are these legal challenges his campaign group is launching. The Democrats are gearing up to fight them, but it could still be quite a protracted process.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well you have to remember a lot of Americans still think and act like the Revolutionary War never finished. They're wedded to their guns, have that survivalist / isolationist mentality and probably think Lincoln was a traitor for abolishing slavery. You only have to look at those white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys to get an idea of what your typical Trump supporter is like (though most are probably a bit less overt).

Just lucky that this time around the majority of Americans had the decency and common sense to vote the Orange Clown out of the White House. Also, as Wilson mentioned, even the Republican party have finally decided they no longer want anything to do with him. He's been hung out to dry and completely deserves it.

The only remaining obstacle are these legal challenges his campaign group is launching. The Democrats are gearing up to fight them, but it could still be quite a protracted process.

 

What time is the elction over on your stream? 😛

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was talking to someone yesterday that has family in Galveston, Texas. 

They have said that all the gun shops are selling out because the Trump supporters are getting themselves ready for 'civil war'. 

Its absolutely terrifying. 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

What time is the elction over on your stream? 😛

Hilary looks like she might be starting to falter...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Biden actually takes Georgia (and pretty much the Presidency as a result) the meltdown from the orange toddler is going to be immense.

What's worrying is in 4 years time he can run again, and probably will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

What time is the elction over on your stream? 😛

Bush is trying to stop Gore getting votes recounted. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I was talking to someone yesterday that has family in Galveston, Texas. 

They have said that all the gun shops are selling out because the Trump supporters are getting themselves ready for 'civil war'. 

Its absolutely terrifying. 

Sadly also entirely predictable.

Thats the default response for people like that...any problem can be solved with enough firepower...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Just on the topic of referees, I'm watching the rugby, and Quins scored a try. They check it using the Video ref, but the on field ref (who is mic'd up), explains what he saw and what he thinks. Then watches the replay and changes his mind and again explains why he has reversed his decision. I wonder if half the problem with VAR in football is that we can't hear the reasoning behind what the on-field ref and the video ref are thinking. Just a thought.
    • My memory isn’t that great but I do remember us scoring and the general consensus was that it was offside it was earlier in the season. Some were saying that yesterday’s goal was offside too. As I say, these things even out and the best teams succeed regardless of refereeing decisions over the course of a season. The ref made an awful decision yesterday, but it’s just one of those things. The fact that he’s being harassed by Boro fans on social media is embarrassing and wrong. Our players made mistakes to concede the goal; Howson and Bola with that ridiculous backwards header and Mendez Laing with that storming run towards his own goal! You could argue that without those 2 mistakes we could have won 1-0.     
    • Harlequins vs Northampton Saints is 14 minutes in and there has already been 4 tries (2 tries each).  I think this will be a really high scoring game 😂
    • Not saying you're wrong, but could you name one? I genuinely cannot remember a single offside goal counting for us.  I can remember multiple "offside" goals being disallowed for us though. The one against Reading sticks out most.
    • These things tend to even themselves out over a season. There are plenty of decisions that have gone our way, there are some that have gone against us. We’ve scored a couple of “offside” goals that have counted this season and nobody has cared. 
×
×
  • Create New...