oneBoro Forum
bugrit

The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football

Anyone watching the State of Origin decider this morning?

Since 2006 Queensland (Maroons) have won 11 Origins (8 in a row at one point), must admit during that 2006 - 2013 period Queensland had a ridiculously good team. But I've always backed NSW (Blues) due to them being always being an underdog but if they win today's game they'll have won 3 straight Origins. 

Start of the Aviva Prem tonight, just 27 days after the previous season finished. Nice (😬) to see Saints are picking up from were they left off last season and are losing at halftime.

Harlequins vs Exeter although low scoring is a really good game so far.

England vs Ireland in the new 8 team tournament today. Horribly they kick off at 3pm, so I'll have to have 2 screens set today, one for this game and one for the Boro.

2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Here it is...

👏👏👏👏

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well, anyone who criticised the introduction of the Halo to F1 should be eating their words right now, it just saved Grosjean's life.

I don't usually watch F1 so I went to find out what you were talking about and holy crap, a legit explosion, a car torn in half and the guy WALKED AWAY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

I don't usually watch F1 so I went to find out what you were talking about and holy crap, a legit explosion, a car torn in half and the guy WALKED AWAY.

I watched the race and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the fireball go up. According to his team boss Romain suffered minor burns to his hands and feet. Might stop him competing in the remaining 2 races but still pretty miraculous!

The drivers have to do mandatory escape drills on a regular basis and be able to get out of the car in 10 seconds or less. 

Thats in ideal conditions - minimum stress, knowing its a drill, able to see what you're doing, not under race conditions.

Grosjean managed it in around 18 seconds, car torn to shreds and stuck in a barrier, engulfed in flames, barely able to see... 😲

Also just wanted to say RIP David Prowse...known by millions of kids in the 70s and 80s as the Green Cross Code Man and arguably sci-fi's best known villain...Darth Vader...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55117704

Starting out as a competitive weight lifter, he had a long, if low-key career outside of Star Wars, appearing in numerous other films and tv roles. He also worked behind the scenes as a writer and personal trainer.

• Like 2

my late wife met him at a fan convention in Harrogate some years back and she said he came across as a very straightforward guy, spent a considerable time chatting to her and her friend and even got a couple of the other guests (Kenny Baker and Jeremy Bulloch, I think) to do the same. Viewed himself as an ordinary person who'd been lucky in life and was just as happy to send himself up as play serious roles, but took the Green Cross Code very seriously to the extent that he was prouder of that than his role in Star Wars...

One of his favourite sketches 

• Like 1