The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really liked this tweet from Jo Cox's husband re: voting  

Isn’t it funny that all that is really happening is that Trump is getting the full 2020 experience  contract COVID 19 ✅  Lose job ✅  Evicted from home ✅  He really can relate to th

Hilary looks like she might be starting to falter...

Posted Images

On 2/7/2021 at 11:26 AM, DanFromDownSouth said:

I really did! 😂 They summed it up in commentary well, England do need to go back to the drawing board a little bit, especially when it comes to attack.

In fairness to him, Jones did say that they were focussing more on Defense and defensive shape at this stage in the cycle and that attacking play would be a bit flat. Just nobody believed him because he usually says that and then it turns out not to be true 😂

44 minutes ago, Will said:

In fairness to him, Jones did say that they were focussing more on Defense and defensive shape at this stage in the cycle and that attacking play would be a bit flat. Just nobody believed him because he usually says that and then it turns out not to be true 😂

Yeah he is consistently good at saying one thing and doing another! He also says things purely to wind people up, I'm sure he called Wales a principality a few years back (Like kicking a hornets nest that is). 😂

It is true in regards to the defensive patterns/shape but we have been in this phase for the last 2 tournaments (2020 six nations and the Autumn cup) and to be fair when it works it really does work. The Ireland game in the 2020 Six Nations is a perfect example of that, we got ahead early then effectively parked the bus and completely blunted Ireland's attack.
But I think our game plan is hugely reliant on us getting ahead early and then being able to dictate games. When we can't do that we just don't ever look like getting back into the game or getting control, especially when a team can match us physically in the forwards. 

I think Underhill was big miss for us at the weekend, from a breakdown point of view I also think Tuliagi is a huge miss for us. Our attack looks 100 times better when he is in the midfield, he's ridiculous with the ball in hand, can just break tackle after tackle and really get us on the front foot. Then without the ball the opposition defence is often drawn to him which inadvertently creates space everywhere he isn't! 😂

So going into the England vs Italy games. Jones basically picked the same squad. Could have gone for a few of the younger/newer players to test them out and try and play a bit more expensively. 

Italy score an early try to take the lead, England claw it back and take an 8-5 lead. Now after 20 minutes it's 8-8. England need to put a good performance in today to silence some of the critics, so far it's not been great. I'll have to watch the 2nd half later today as it'll be on when the Boro are on.

Interestingly Italy have lost in 28 consecutive matches. 

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Did you see Watson's try to make it 15-8? 

I missed the May try, I've got Boro on now! 

Missed Watsons try but I hope Farrell’s kicking gets better

Just now, Uwe said:

Missed Watsons try but I hope Farrell’s kicking gets better

Watson's was a good try, some really good footwork and seemed like the space just opened up for him. 

At times Watson reminds me of a certain Billy Whizz (Jason Robinson).

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just switched the rugby on and there's been an awful knee injury! 

Just seen it. 🤮🤮🤮