oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Birmingham City 2-0

Morning all.

It's a weird feeling this optimism isn't it?

Welcome all to the first Cornish match day of the 2014/15 season. Where we kick off against Birmingham City.

Well, bit of a summer we've had eh? Some really astute fine-tuning to our squad, and has left the majority of us with a genuine sense of belief that this year will be our year.

Birmingham only just survived in this division last season, and both their fans and manager will not want a repeat of a rather disappointing campaign.

They have strengthened though. Not least by aquiring the services of old Boro boy Jonathan Grounds. What kind of reception will he receive?

They've also signed Denny Johnstone from Celtic, who could... could... be a force in this league. However, we know all too well the risks involved with signing talent from the SPL.

So would appreciate your views. Lets carry on where we left off, discussion points:

Who's going?

Will we sign an RB before Saturday or will we use Nsue there?

Will Clayton be signed in time? If so, will he play?

Will we see any outgoings before the game?

How are we going to line up?

Will any of our debutants score?

Will Reach get his well deserved opportunity?

Is it too early for Fewster?

Will Maddo have an on-air breakdown trying to say the name of our Bosnian RB target?

Where's Jelle Vossen?

Dreckly...

Cornish

:heart:

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think we will turn these over, quite comfortably. Birmingham were utterly awful last season, and have since made a load of absolutely bang average / poor signings. Don't rate Lee Clark one bit either, I think he'll be gone pretty soon after Birmingham have a poor start.

Just so much optimism around at the moment, and I think that will transfer onto the pitch. I'll go for us scoring atleast 3 goals and keeping a clean sheet. Be great to see Kike get a debut goal, who was the last player we had score on debut? Hopefully he'll have a debut like Ravanelli's!

Meijas

Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Friend

Leadboots, Clayton

Adomah, Tomlin, Reach

Kike

No other options for striker or wingers

Really. Also if no Clayton then Butterly will play I reckon. Pretty much picks itself IMO.

Would like to see so more signings today and tomorrow though to change that a little bit...

If we win and start well then I reckon we will crack on.

Hoping my hope isn't crushed on the first weekend :0/. UTB

Realistically, I think he'll name the following team:

Meijas

Nsue Gibson Ayala Friend

Leadbitter Whitehead

Adomah Tomlin Reach

Kike

Dimi

Omeruo

Clayton

Husband

Fewster

Butterfield

Williams

You know it's coming don't you?

BUT...........................................

This game without doubt IS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON..........so far!!!!!

Opening season games with the Boro tend not to achieve victories indeed I think I witnessed our last opening day fixture at Coventry a few years back so it is essential (not vital) that we get our first win of the season at home against Birmingham espeially with what has gone on before and I hate to say this but we always seem to find life difficult against Birmingham City (far too many draws)

Well the hype certainly surrounds the Boro and the game and my lad and I WILL be travelling up to Boro for the game so for me personally I want to witness a win because my son is no fun at all when Boro draw or lose especially the latter.

Got to be a good win hasn't it????

I really think we will turn these over, quite comfortably. Birmingham were utterly awful last season, and have since made a load of absolutely bang average / poor signings. Don't rate Lee Clark one bit either, I think he'll be gone pretty soon after Birmingham have a poor start.

Just so much optimism around at the moment, and I think that will transfer onto the pitch. I'll go for us scoring atleast 3 goals and keeping a clean sheet. Be great to see Kike get a debut goal, who was the last player we had score on debut? Hopefully he'll have a debut like Ravanelli's!

Maccarone against Fulham perhaps? Possibly Yakubu? - it's a good question!

I agree with most of what you've said, they filled out their squad with a lot of stuff from the lower leagues and a couple from the SPL. I don't think the signings are that bad but when it falls apart for Birmingham it crumbles and I really think that Clark is out of his depth

I am pretty sure that it was Kei Kamara against Forest last year?

Is Nsue not available for this game or something?

also that was only Kamara's first start, his debut was against Ipswich when we got battered

last debut goal I remember was Faris Haroun scoring that nice finish

Is Nsue not available for this game or something?

also that was only Kamara's first start, his debut was against Ipswich when we got battered

last debut goal I remember was Faris Haroun scoring that nice finish

Oh yeah it was - I was there aswell. Martin with that wonder goal too! I think I was in the crowd for most of those!

Who's going? Got my ticket so its the long journey up from Norwich for me

Will we sign an RB before Saturday or will we use Nsue there? Think he will pick Big Ken as a one off

Will Clayton be signed in time? If so, will he play? Yep but will be on the bench

Will we see any outgoings before the game? Nope but overly bothered if any "non core" players leave

How are we going to line up?

Meijas

Omeru , Ayala, Gibson, Friend

Leadbitter, Butterfield

Adomah, Tomlin, Reach

Kike

Will any of our debutants score? Kike

Will Reach get his well deserved opportunity? Yep , but I fear he will flatter to deceive again

Is it too early for Fewster? Yep but will be on bench anyway

Will Maddo have an on-air breakdown trying to say the name of our Bosnian RB target? Absolutely

Where's Jelle Vossen? Who cares

3-1 to the Boro - Kike , Tomlin , Butters