• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who was there, how did Nsue get on?

Looked lively, tricky, quick, skilful, not afraid to shoot. Looked quite direct and put a couple of good quality crosses in.

Thanks! Sounds like he'll quickly adapt to life in Championship like Kike

we will get some big scores at home this season i reckon. kike and tomlin through the middle, george and reach on the left and nsue/albert and abella on the right will all cause problems all day long.

even today with a half fit adomah and a stand in right back we still created loads and never got threatened.

Cant get over how good omeruo was. Not fully fit, Thrown on almost immediately, and yet he was immense every time a brum player had the ball he was just like "nah m8".

God this "optimism" thing is good :D. I could really get used to it. Heres hoping I do

UTFB

For anyone who was there, how did Nsue get on?

Looked lively, tricky, quick, skilful, not afraid to shoot. Looked quite direct and put a couple of good quality crosses in.

He plays intelligent. My player ratings coming up soon.

Today's match was really worth paying for, and we will only get better. The back 4 were rock solid, whitehead was outstanding, leadbitter marshalled the midfield, reach and adomah caused problems, kike was superb and tomlin was supreme. Adomah did get tired, though no complaints as he hasn't had a full preseason. Nsue looked like he will fit in really well also. Kike will get 25 goals this season for me. Only downside was the commentary on the way home. Great to hear that maddo broke with tradition and didn't give mom to leadbitter, but he still got it wrong. Kike had a really good game and looks the business, but tomlin was prem class today

my take on todays game

Mjias 6 no saves to make but comfortable handling and good distribution

Hines 6 not his biggest fan at RB but was solid enough

Gibson not on long enough to deserve a rating, shame really as he is one for the future

Ayala 8 if heading earned you money alone this guy would be priceless, attacks everything with 110%

Friend 8 good marauding runs, defensively solid but final ball not his best point, 110% commitment

Adomah 6 had a few good chances but i don't know if he's been affected by transfer talk or just plain knackered but seems to have lost that edge/confidence

Leadbetter 6 1st half sat too deep to affect the game, 2nd half more influential

Whitehead 8 1st half with Leadbetter played the same position and didn't work, 2nd half when went deeper than Leadbetter came into his own and protected the back 4 well

Reach 8 started slow but great understanding with George got better and better, high hopes for this one

Tomlin 9 Outstanding linked up play well looks to have a great understanding with Kike, my only negative was that in the 1st half he kept coming too deep for the ball leaving Kike isolated, 2nd half with leadbetter pushed more forward had better influence, just shades my MOM

Kike 9 intelligent CF who knows how to hold up play and bring people in, deffo gonna be a new Boro hero

subs

Omereau 9 one word Class Act OK two words

Nsue 7 looked lively had promising

Williams 7 tried

A good performance against a poor side ( apart from their No 33 Grey) 1st half GL & DW sat too deep meaning Tomlin had to keep coming deep 2nd half ran them ragged, apart from some poor finishing and their keeper playing a blinder could have been 6 , highlight of the match a well worked free kick, straight from the training ground ( cant remember the last time we did one) that deserved a goal, a good RB and the future looks bright though at the mo the bench looks lightweight, fingers crossed with injuries