oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Leeds Utd (A) 0-1

I think if AK is to show consistency, then he has to drop Meijas, I'm very surprised that Dimi didn't start the first 2 games, as AK said, pre-season that he would stick with the form player and that the shirt was Dimi's to lose.

Meijas was unconvincing in goal, he flapped at 3 or 4 crosses and seems to be scared to catch the ball, other teams will capitalise on this, and we will be made to pay.

Meijas needs to spend a bit of time in the reserves, so that he can get used to the English game, he's only played 3 competitive matches in the UK and his career in Spain was spent playing solely for B teams. He was a free transfer, so if it doesn't work out, it's no big deal. Now is not the time to experiment with a rookie goalkeeper in the hope that he'll come good, I'd love to see Steele back in the side, but barring that, Dimi will do for now, it would be madness to undermine the confidence of our vastly improved back line, by playing a keeper who doesn't inspire confidence and has already been labelled by Leo as weaker than the other 2.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced by you, mate. I've seen about 30 mins of you on here, so I'm obviously now well informed on you. Typical zhimai...

so any fans here give their rating especially after a defeat would be a go at our players? yes, typical perhaps its your thought but doesnt sound logic to me

I dont have anything against Meijas, but he still has a long way to go. I'm not sure how long people think he should be given but as others have said steel was treated very clinically and I'd like the same judgement to be shown. We have lost one point already and we have a keeper who can do the job so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm a massive fan of Karanka, but I hope he's consistent on this issue. We cant afford to experiment with GK's if we want to go up this season and like Shay showed, its an easy fix.

Maybe he'll come back stronger from this. It's a matter of confidence.

If Mejias is thrown away because of this mistake, we'll most likely not see him again. Steele got a retarded red card and threw the game as well. Mistakes happen.

Dont think we would throw away Omeruo just because he was the guilty guy either.

Can't remember Given dropping us any points. Like I say, it's not personal, just a clinical judgement. GK is a special position, we have a chap called Dimi who wasn't flapping at anything, so logic should prevail.

Mejias was a nightmare, also not convinced with the performance of clayton and tomlin. typical boro with no much creative. i dont fault kike who was one of the more skillful players in our squad. but i dont see much coming from adomah, tomlin and reach. the final third isnt convincing.

I will try and address your points in order:

1. Mejias had a bad game, although if that's you writing him off already I personally think you've made a mistake.

2. Clayton played 30 minutes for a new team a matter of days after arriving, he did not make much of an impact but what were you really expecting so early?

3. Tomlin had to drop really deep to try and get the ball because Grant "Mr Averagely consistent" Leadbitter and Dean "Wait, there's an opposition half?" Whitehead were sat too deep themselves, leaving a massive hole between them and where Tomlin should have been. Grant got better when Clayton came on but it still wasn't great.

4. Kike made some great runs but his first touch was seriously off yesterday, nothing concerning but unlike what we've seen from him so far.

5. You don't see much coming from Adomah apart from 1 stupidly disallowed goal and our only other near effort on target in that first half when he made a great run (the pass supplied by Grant Leadbitter, who actually made it up the pitch for that attack). Not to mention some surging runs down the right with good balls from Abella. Reach was poor because he played the wrong style of wideman, he played the "stop, look, cross" style of wide play, which is not what we need.

6. The final third didn't look convincing because of the earlier point about Tomlin being forced deep to collect the ball, leaving Kike stranded. Oh and on top of that Tomlin had Austin basically attached to his hip all afternoon, so never got much space to work.

The disallowed goal was the turning point on sat. Until then we controlled the game and their only looked like 1 winner. But after the goal got disallowed our heads seemed to drop and it gave the leads players a kick up the back side.

We played in to their hands by playing too direct. It created a gap between Leadbitter/Whitehead and the front four, which meant we lacked cohesion and fluidity. When we pass short the whole team looks like it moves forward as one, playing direct isolates the front four and provides less options when attacking.

Had to laugh at Brunners describing Leadbitter as averagely consistent like it was an insult :D

We played in to their hands by playing too direct. It created a gap between Leadbitter/Whitehead and the front four, which meant we lacked cohesion and fluidity. When we pass short the whole team looks like it moves forward as one, playing direct isolates the front four and provides less options when attacking.

Had to laugh at Brunners describing Leadbitter as averagely consistent like it was an insult :D

It's not an insult, but it's not a compliment either.

The fact that he is never more than average is not a good thing.

Mejias was a nightmare, also not convinced with the performance of clayton and tomlin. typical boro with no much creative. i dont fault kike who was one of the more skillful players in our squad. but i dont see much coming from adomah, tomlin and reach. the final third isnt convincing.

I will try and address your points in order:

1. Mejias had a bad game, although if that's you writing him off already I personally think you've made a mistake.

2. Clayton played 30 minutes for a new team a matter of days after arriving, he did not make much of an impact but what were you really expecting so early?

3. Tomlin had to drop really deep to try and get the ball because Grant "Mr Averagely consistent" Leadbitter and Dean "Wait, there's an opposition half?" Whitehead were sat too deep themselves, leaving a massive hole between them and where Tomlin should have been. Grant got better when Clayton came on but it still wasn't great.

4. Kike made some great runs but his first touch was seriously off yesterday, nothing concerning but unlike what we've seen from him so far.

5. You don't see much coming from Adomah apart from 1 stupidly disallowed goal and our only other near effort on target in that first half when he made a great run (the pass supplied by Grant Leadbitter, who actually made it up the pitch for that attack). Not to mention some surging runs down the right with good balls from Abella. Reach was poor because he played the wrong style of wideman, he played the "stop, look, cross" style of wide play, which is not what we need.

6. The final third didn't look convincing because of the earlier point about Tomlin being forced deep to collect the ball, leaving Kike stranded. Oh and on top of that Tomlin had Austin basically attached to his hip all afternoon, so never got much space to work.

here is my feedback

Pt 1-2, my comment was based on the match merely. that means i will give a high rating to them if they perform in another match. but you are correct that i somehow write off mejias because i dont think he could improve his skill of dealing with crossing in a fortnight. But i have not yet seen enough clayton who is somehow with a better passing skill than whitehead. but i think i prefer a more defensive midfielder alongside leadbitter. also i have a bit concerned about the possession skill of clayton

Pt 3, i dont think tomlin was dropping too deep. i have to admit we see the match different. i think he is somehow a player working off a lone striker but not a number 10 who i expect should provide more cutting edge and control the rthyum of the game

also i rate leadbitter so dont agree with yours saying he is averagely consistent:D

Pt 4 i think kike did okay but obviously lacked the support from our team

Pt 5 i dont think the system 4-2-3-1 we are adopting recently suits a traditional winger. we need the flank midfield to go inside doing more one-two passing with the striker with wingback providing the width. i see adomah is a traditional winger

ledesma somehow suits this role better but he is inconsistent

you might strongly disagree but i want to try reach to start as a cm. he isnt a adam johnson type winger but he is energetic and strong he can be a box to box midfielder

Pt 6 as what i explained previously, i think we are poor in final third because we lack suitable players. i dont think tomlin dropping deep is the reason

Your point 5 somewhat agrees with mine, except about the wrong players.

I think Reach is the more traditional winger of the two (Adomah/Reach) Adomah is way less afraid to make runs into the box or cut inside than Reach is, who seems to like to stick to the byline and blast a cross in.

i think personally is abella had been playing for us a little longer we would have won that, a few times he played out of position which left the big gap for leeds to run into and get the crosses in.