oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Leeds Utd (A) 0-1

It's funny really because the name Leeds conjures up memories of how they used to be and seemingly gives them an edge with regards to opposition fans and the reactions to how they feel the game will go.

However and in spite of CT's wise words I think differently at this time as I honestly think Leeds have more to fear in terms of a Boro performance than the other way round.

No longer am I scared of the opposition just because of their name and fans let them bloody well fear us for a change.

And I will say it as it is expected of me but............................................

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........................so far!!!

Time to be positive about Boro ladies and gentlemen, Clayton will have something to show us if he plays, Kike and Tomlin will create major problems for THEM and if we do go a goal up Leeds will have to be very careful coming onto us for an equaliser because our speed in counter attack will scare them.

And another thing I honestly feel that we have players now who will take more of the percentage of chances that come our way than previous seasons.

Onward Boro and turn the once mighty Leeds apart!

One final thing whilst I am thinking about it we already know that Leeds will allocate 2 defenders against Kike oh just think of the space that will be available to Tomlin, Clayton, Leadbitter etc and until proved otherwise I am going to be super optimistic about this game (and others as a matter of fact)

I agree! (Happier DS?)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

leeds have imo better individuals then brum, but they will be less organised. i think we can exploit the poor coaching and really hurt them.

could be a big score this game. 3/4-0 to boro is a decent bet i think. get your money on it. bookies already have us as clear favorites on the odds.

I agree that I don't think Clayton wont start as Karanka is loyal to players that put in solid and dependable performances so I can't see how he can drop one of Whitehead and Leadbitter. Neither of Adomah or Reach have particularly impressed me against Birmingham(can't comment too strongly of them against Oldham) so I'm a bit concerned about our threat down the wings against Leeds.

I hope Carayol isn't too far away from returning to fitness as it won't be long until we really start missing him. Either that or we sign the mystery left winger we're apparently interested in.

This will be a one of those teting game for Kike as i think leeds will look to kick him out of the game. I think we will start with the same team as against birmingham but hoping that damia, bamford will be on the bench alongside clayton.

Clayton at 11/1 to be last goalscorer looks good value and tomlin at 8's for first

I agree that I don't think Clayton wont start as Karanka is loyal to players that put in solid and dependable performances so I can't see how he can drop one of Whitehead and Leadbitter. Neither of Adomah or Reach have particularly impressed me against Birmingham(can't comment too strongly of them against Oldham) so I'm a bit concerned about our threat down the wings against Leeds.

I hope Carayol isn't too far away from returning to fitness as it won't be long until we really start missing him. Either that or we sign the mystery left winger we're apparently interested in.

Reach has two assists in two, Albert looked unfit but still has managed to get into positions where he could have had a hatrick. Wings are one of our strongest areas.

Some FACTS about MIDDLESBROUGH v LEEDS United #3

Saturdays meeting represents the 92nd match between the two sides, since the first - a 5-1, 3rd Round FA Cup tie victory for Middlesbrough - in 1926.

Of the previous meetings, 86 have been in the league with 5 meetings in the FA Cup.

The first league meeting between the sides was on 30-11-1929, a 2-1 victory for Middlesbrough.

Leeds United have the slightly better record between the two sides, although they're dominant at home having won 23 and losing only 11 on home turf - scoring 86 and conceding 48 in the process.

There have been 10 meetings between the 2 sides during the month of August with 4 wins for Middlesbrough, 5 wins for Leeds and a solitary goalless draw almost 16 years to the day on 15th August.

Middlesbrough last victory at Elland Road came in August, through a Marvin Emnes winner in 2011.

Middlesbrough's biggest win at Leeds was a 3-0 premier league victory in January 2004. whilst we triumphed 4-2 in the old division 1 back in August 1938.

Leeds' biggest home win over Middlesbrough came on 25th October 1930 n a 7-0 win, whilst they've beaten us 5-0 on three occasions [1931, 1936 and 1978].

Our overall record against Leeds United is:

Played: 91

W: 30

D: 26

L: 35

F: 129

A: 141

Leeds memories: The 4-1 demolition of Leeds, then reigning champions of the football league, in August 1992.

Ponces Prediction: Leeds United 0 v 1 Middlesbrough

Can't see anything but a Boro win...

------------Thomas-------------

Nsue-Omerou-Ayala-Friend

------Leadbitter-Whitehead--

AA---------Tomlin-------Reach

-------------Kike----------

I am going for either a 2-0, or a 3-0, with Kike getting all the goals.

REMINDER: Fans still wanting Leeds tickets - they are on sale until 12 noon tomorrow and there will be NO sales on the day at Elland Road.

Already got my tickets but just went on the online ticket page and the Leeds tickets are not on there any more? only travel club - not sure if that means they're sold out now?

Interesting to see who plays at CM and CB on Saturday.

I think it would be unfair on Whitehead and Leadbitter if Clayton went straight into the side as they have both played very well.

I think Omeruo will start but not sure who will partner him. Ayala has been excellent in both games so far BUT Woodgate was top class against Oldham and this is one of his old clubs and he is likely to be on top of his game.

What is the general concencus?

If tickets can't get posted out they normally take them off the website, does anyone know how many tickets we have sold. Leeds fans are predicting anything from 25 to 30,000 as it's their first home game of the season. I thought I read somewhere that we had been given an initial allocation of nearly 2,000 but there would be another 1,500 if demand was there.