oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Bolton (A) 2-1

Like Kev, I'm expecting this to be a fairly open game. Bolton managed to stick 2 past Forest, so I reckon we'll let at least 1 in.

If we can play properly, going forward, instead of pussyfooting around like we seemed to do against Leeds, we ought to create chances and convert them into goals. If not, we may well go home empty-handed.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result at this stage of the season. Something in my water says this will finish 1-1.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Damia was saying his not 100% fit yet : “And I am not fully match fit. I started pre-season late so I haven’t played much. I have just had two 45 minutes with Osasuna."

So I am going with 4 changes that hopefully freshens things up a little:

------------ Dimi ----------

Hines - Ayala - Omeruo - Friend

----- Leadbitter - Clayton ----

- Adomah - Tomlin - Husband -

------------- Kike -----------

Im quietly confident going into this game, a point would be a good result to carry into 2 home games, but Bolton have been conceding goals early on, 7 conceded in the 3 games i think, their defense looks fragile and everyone knows if you get in and around Wheater he will make mistakes. They look like they can score goals but we've only conceded 1 goal so far in our games, i can see us scoring a couple of goals, but i can see them scoring as well. 1-2 for me.

This is a good game for us so soon after the Leeds result and I can see us getting a good result. Bolton havnt had a great start and have shipped a few goals so if we "get at them," to quote Maddo, reckon we can score a couple.

Dimi

Arbella Ayala Omeruo Friend

Leadbitter Clayton

Adomah Tomlin Reach

Kike

Steele obviously won't start, he would be my choice but Mejias is a liability and really doesn't inspire confidence. Arbella needs games and familiarising with his new team mates. He was poor on Saturday particularly his positioning, he was standing way too far forward and left us vulnerable to diagonal balls. Not to mention poor distribution. I have faith he'll improve with game time.

We need to have a bit more patience, avoid playing direct and move the ball up the pitch through quick short balls in to feet. That's where we got most joy against Brum.

I don't buy in to Adomah having been in really poor form. I think he's done ok, particularly considering his lack of match fitness. He's benefitted from Kike's movement and having Tomlin in and around him. Those three have linked well at times particularly against Brum and they will again when we start having more possession of the ball higher up the field, through a shorter passing game. It allows us to get more men in to the final third and I noticed against Brum that our movement off the ball in the final third has improved too.

The key is a shorter passing game and greater composure from our defenders in playing the ball out the back short.

I'm not sure that AK will over react to the leeds game so i expect only the oneboro change

with Whitehead dropping to the bench and Clayton starting.

Big Dave's sure to score so i'm going with 2-2 having been 2 up with us conceding a late equaliser.

Bolton's back line are slow as hell, we need the pace of our front line to be as high tempo as possible. I'd consider dropping kike for this and maybe trying nsue out up front in a sort of free reign?

Bolton's back line are slow as hell, we need the pace of our front line to be as high tempo as possible. I'd consider dropping kike for this and maybe trying nsue out up front in a sort of free reign?

AK won't drop Kike, to play Nsue in an unfamiliar position, after 30 odd minutes of football so far. It would have a bad effect on Kike. I expect the same team as faced Leeds. AK will be keen to see how the lads react, the only possible changes will be Clayton coming in, and maybe he'll rest Damia.

He'll stick with Meijas, to see if he can pull himself together.