Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 2-3

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Meijas being slaughtered on the Ali Brownlee show but some good points being made.

Preston and Reading will throw loads of high balls into the box in the hope of mistakes.

For some calmness to resume perhaps best if Dimi comes back but the other goals where the hell were our defenders

Thats going to be the problem now teams no Meijas is our weak link and managers will just say get crosses in and be ready to pounce if / when he messes up

Opinions are opinions. Kike should take them for me. As I said, get that he scored them but I (like many others) expected kike to take over penalty taking duty as soon as he arrived. I don't doubt leadbitter isn't a bad spot kick taker, and understand that he has 3 from 3, but we have a penalty taking striker and in my opinion, he should take them.

All of this.

3981364314_d4b30cb739.jpg

I think Mejias needs to go away from the team for a few weeks, get on the weights, and maybe come back in refreshed if Dimi's form starts to dip (would prefer Steele but hey ho)

Thoroughly disappointed with this game, shining light for me was Leadbitter, the only player to look forward when in possession of the ball and started a few attacks, Adomah was non existent till the last 10 minutes, Tomlin and Reach were poor.

Kike at times was holding the ball up well but I think needs a bit more confidence to take the shot on early as he seems to dwell on it.

A major point for me is the squad depth looking at the bench, we simply are not going to challenge the league with the likes of Luke Williams and Bradley Fewster there

AK stated he would like to see 7 new players coming in because again certain players believe they are too big for their boots!

Controlled anger in his interview but if he could I think heads would roll!

Poor today, very poor. Probably the worst performance under Karanka...it was jut disjointed and lethargic for the majority!

Everytime we had the ball thru had 2 players around us, when they had the ball we seemed slow to chase it down.

Adomah took a while to get going, he's been a bit off the boil since the season started for me, not sure why though. Reach for the most had a bit of go in him but final ball sometimes let him down. Tomlin was poor throughout, kike was too isolated for me. Mejias was awful and cost us again, he doesn't seem to have confidence in himself and just looks all over the place when a cross is put in the box, teams will suss this out and just keep launching them in towards a big lad!

We badly need a plan b, seems like when it's going well it's good, but when it's not so well it's awful and disjointed but with nothing to be able to change things. We looked a bit better when Clayton came on but left is with too many central midfielders tapping it about!

Suggesting removing Leadbitter from penalty duty staggers me

If we had signed ronaldo would you have him as penalty taker. Correct, crazy to bring his name up. If we had signed rossco last season would you have made him penalty taker? Again, I get that he has scored three from three, but if your striker is a penalty taker, he should be taking them. It should be a non-issue because kike should have been installed as penalty taker the day he signed.

AK obviously endorses GL taking the penalties and until he misses 2 then GL if on the field will continue and by all sounds of it Kike was off his game............GL very nearly equalised in the last seconds.

Another question where was AA?

AK obviously endorses GL taking the penalties and until he misses 2 then GL if on the field will continue and by all sounds of it Kike was off his game............GL very nearly equalised in the last seconds.

Another question where was AA?

Agree the AK seems to like GL taking pens, but that is no reason not to question the decision. I'd this was the case, then no one should ever question meijas being picked

I love the 4-2-3-1 system AK plays, but I think we need a bit more firepower from midfield to pull it off. Luke Williams, Reach, Ledesma - hardly players to consistently bang in the goals. Nsue - only time will tell. Baker - if he signs, who knows! That leaves us with Adomah and Tomlin as our proven options, both of whom I rate highly, to fill 2 of the 3 positions, even of they didn't exactly excel today. We need one more outstanding LMF to play that system effectively. Or a second striker to link up with Kike and for them to play behind. Ideally the latter.

We're a good attacking side, and defensively we're usually very good under AK. But having Bamford (or someone of that ilk) would make us far more formidable. I'd rather him then an unknown, ideally. Would love to see us play 4-2-2-2 with such personnel.

As it stands, we have excellent foundations. But we are a little short in a couple of key areas - all of which thankfully we seem to be try to address. A couple more players could be the difference between a good team and a top end one.

Have no opposition to Leadbitter taking penalties at all. Personally don't buy into all of this 'a striker should take penalties' talk; if he's the best option, he should take them.

But regarding today, that was truly dreadful to listen to. Worst performance we've done for ages, and we didn't deserve to lose just by 1.

I think the problem with Mejias now is that you can't teach the player to come and catch and become a commanding goalkeeper.

It's his natural perception on how to treat a game situation. Working on this even in training to enable him to become a more confident goalkeeper would be difficult and hard to address.