• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Dismal.

Mejias may well become a good keeper but he isn't right now, not for us, not in English football at this moment in time. I couldn't care less if Percovich rates him or not. Percovich's career as a coach is hardly a stellar one is it? I'd be willing to bet that if we had a different GK coach then we'd also have a different goalkeeper although it just feels like a manager picking his own signing above the rest right now. A spell on loan in League 1 or 2 would have been ideal for him to get used to playing in England.

Again I find myself having to point out that I didn't blame Percovich and made no comments about his coaching ability. I've quoted exactly what I said about him in relation to Mejias above to show this. It was in response to at least one person saying that if Percovich thought he was the best GK then he must be and I don't see why that has to be case.

There's nothing hysterical about it as Smogsterking has suggested and if you find that point of view embarrassing BDS then it's not me that needs to give my head a shake. I also didn't solely blame Mejias Xathras. Read my post from Saturday and I wrote a little section on each part of the team as the performance was crap and everyone was to blame.

My issue with Mejias is that in 5 games for us he's been directly responsible for 3 goals conceded from his errors and those are just the errors that have been punished. It's not good enough. Comparing him to De Gea in terms of style or perhaps in terms of the difficulties he faced when he came here is fine but De Gea cost United £20 million and was already a top flight keeper. Mejias is older, cost us nothing and was mostly a third division keeper in Spain.

That point was not aimed at you CT. I was referring to the game overall. Prior to Leeds we had vast amounts of fans saying how we look the real deal and how Karanka is the best thing since sliced bread and now plenty are coming out saying we are not good enough after one very poor game with even some (not on this board) suggesting Karanka should go. If we go and win 4-0 in our next two games people will be saying Karanks king again.

im not going into blaming individuals so i,l,l just add my take on things .

totally agree it awas a dire performance but having had time to digest everything rather that diving in with both feet and throwing negaytives left right and centre saturdays game brings it clearly home how importatnt it is for us to get the first goal at home games . yes we have the ability to come back from a goal down but we do seem to have a massive achilles heel when losing the first goal to a so called lower league team . they then just play off our mistakes/ impatience/ lack of discipline and either hold out resonably comfortably or hit us qne or two (as on saturday) more times on counter attacks . dont no of any figures exist but we semm to have been able to come back from a goal behind away from home a lot easier than at home in the recent past .

one thing that does relly grate on me though is why we dont seem to go for the jugular in home games against the so called lesser standard teams and end up just waitng for the above to happen .