oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 2-3

I wish it was me taking the pennas, quite jealous of the kids, i just get to stand on the pitch and watch them take them

2 questions...

1) How old are the kids?

2) Could you pass as "tall for their age"? :P

12, and yes, theres a couple taller than me haha

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

3-0 and all done and dusted early. 2-0 within 15 mins and coast the rest of the game nicking a 3ed late doors as they try to get back into the game. Meijas needs to grow his beard out further to scare sh!t out of attackers in our box making it easier to catch crosses. Team picks itself as previous posts all seem to agree. Yes we will get promoted, and carry on fella!!!

I wish it was me taking the pennas, quite jealous of the kids, i just get to stand on the pitch and watch them take them

2 questions...

1) How old are the kids?

2) Could you pass as "tall for their age"? :P

12, and yes, theres a couple taller than me haha

There you have it, just dust off your boots and have a shave :P

Sheff Wed nothing special at all , we know there game lump it long to that Nuhiu Fella or Stevie May. But nothing Big Ken and Ayala ( who i think will play ) cant deal with.

And if we are really serious about this season we really should be beating these teams relatively comfortable.

2-0 Kike and Tomlin

I missed a penalty at half time @ the riverside about 15 years ago.. Never taken one since!!

I missed a penalty back in 1993 at Ayresome park in the Holgate end. If I close my eyes I can still hear the jeers. It's a Mr Destiny moment - how my life could be different if only I hadn't ballooned it....

Sheff Wed nothing special at all , we know there game lump it long to that Nuhiu Fella or Stevie May. But nothing Big Ken and Ayala ( who i think will play ) cant deal with.

And if we are really serious about this season we really should be beating these teams relatively comfortable.

2-0 Kike and Tomlin

Last season v Millwall there huge striker ripped us apart with the same tactics, hopefully we learned from that game

I'm never confident going into games vs the Owls, especially as the missus and 2 step kids are Owls fans.

Last season at home we absolutely battered them but could only manage a draw (dodgy defending from a corner led to their opener). In the away game we were poor but had a perfectly good goal disallowed and then were sunk by a late penalty.

We're all off to this one so I'm just hoping for a decent performance (who am I trying to kid, I hope we batter them!). 2-0 Boro.

Think I learnt a lesson over the Leeds game that nothing is cut and dry when it comes to the Boro and results.

Wednesday have had a good start to the season and in my humble opinion now face their biggest test of the season so far so I would expect a very defensive game from Wednesday with the emphasis in counter attack and quick breakaways.

Big difference for Boro this season compared to others and pre Karanka is that we do not wait until the second half to get going (unless having a mare) so we will put Wednesday under the tread mill right from the off with the hope of an early goal which could make it a great game to watch and one that will change Wednesday's tactics if they go behind.

They will see a point as being a good result, maybe we should too but as we are at home it is important that we try and win as many as possible thus building a fortress situation.

Sorry I can not do my usual as I feel it is not justified but will stick my neck out and say that this will be a comfortable win by at least 2 clear goals for Boro

I think this game will be a lot tougher than some people anticipate. It's winnable don't get me wrong and we should be capable of beating anyone in this league at The Riverside but I feel Wednesday are going to be very stubborn.

For me there will be one goal in it, 1-0 or 2-1.

Can't wait though, just keep wishing the days away this season until the next game!

Come on Boro!

As Sheffield alumni, I hope we smash them.

I don't think there tactics are much more complicated than get it out wide and get it in the box.

I feel more confident more that we have quite a big back line, a few years ago with people like Bates, Bennett and Hoyte in the back 4, I would be more concerned.

While I'm still uneasy when we are away from home I go into home games very comfortable, and certainly against teams that we should finish above. Karanka seems to have restored some professional pride into the squad and we saw in the first game against Brum at home that the team is really eager to impress the home crowd and keep the opposing team under pressure. Perhaps the players have finally realized that they are the only ones capable of attracting decent crowds - Gibson may have had a morale-boosting word with the squad on that matter.

In short - I'm confident that the team will deliver at home.

On tactics I certainly wouldn't mind Wednesday opting for the long balls. With Ayala and Omeruo back there we will get the ball straight back into our own ranks.