• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Got what we deserved out that today. *** all

Agreed. If you concede 3 (soft) goals at home against an average side, you don't deserve anything...unless you were rampaging in attack and scored 4 or 5 or more.

Hard to believe we were so lacking in penetration going forward, when you think of the players we've got.

Bloody Jeff Stelling said 3-3 but quickly changed things drat and double drat!

First half cost us plain and simple.

GL to take pennas.............defo yes 3/3 great return

Lack of options for Boro............at the moment a big yes.

Next league game Reading who were hammered....worried.......slightly

Bad result but all this talk of 'typical boro' etc is nonsense. We've been pretty good most games for a fair while now and we have to expect the odd defeat and poor performance. That's life, we move on. At least we got a couple back to make the score 'respectable'.

Now we just need to focus on bringing in a couple more players and first team striker to compliment Kike. We're still strong, but short in a few key areas. And at least we already seem to have identified exciting and viable targets.

Also, time for Dimi to step up. I defended Mejias before and felt it was right he stayed in goal, but it's time for a change; at least for now. The reason I didn't want him dropped originally is because we needed to give him a chance to improve, fulfil his potential and not let his confidence be dented by being benched. But now it's more important that the confidence of the rest of the team is protected with a more stable option between the sticks.

Overall - disappointed, but not disheartened. Just like I said after the Leeds defeat, everything feels different if you respond in the right way. Progression in the cup and victory against a struggling Reading would leave us in an enviable position, right up there and with a points tally of 9 - still pretty good after 5 games. Just need AK to give them a kick up the ***, maybe a change or two and make that improvement reality!

UTB.

So so pointless. Leadbitter has scored 3 out of 3 and people are calling for the penalty taker to be changed. Ridiculous!

Yup. Insanity.

I have done nothing but praise AK since he took over as manager but this defeat is on him. Mejías should be nowhere near the team, He makes big mistakes every game and they lead to big goal scoring chances or actual goals, A dodgy keeper will make defenders make mistakes.

Absolutely no excuse to drop Clayton.

Absolutely disgraceful display. No urgency until the last five minutes.

Meijas is the worst keeper I've seen at the riverside even past the brad Jones era. Steele would have prevented two of those goals today.

Opinions are opinions. Kike should take them for me. As I said, get that he scored them but I (like many others) expected kike to take over penalty taking duty as soon as he arrived. I don't doubt leadbitter isn't a bad spot kick taker, and understand that he has 3 from 3, but we have a penalty taking striker and in my opinion, he should take them.

I'm not ready to criticise any decision AK has made, even now. There was logic in playing Mejias and dropping Clayton. Didn't work out, and with hindsight it's easily critiqued, but still considered reasons behind them.

I will, however, be very disappointed if Dimi doesn't start the next game. I expect he will, especially given he started the last cup game. But if he's solid he should be rewarded with a start against Reading too. If not there will be real anxiety and nerves around the Riverside next weekend, for both fans and players.

Absolutely disgraceful display. No urgency until the last five minutes.

Meijas is the worst keeper I've seen at the riverside even past the brad Jones era. Steele would have prevented two of those goals today.

Totally agree, For all AK`s brilliant work Mejías could cost us promotion single handily..He makes big mistakes every game and that makes defenders make mistakes, Get rid now I don't want him in goal ever again.

Didn't watch or listen to the game. But I did hear briefly at half time that he had no shots on target but ended up with 16 shots overall. I'm guessing there was a formation change when Abella came off for Clayton? A positive too.

As said above, just needs to be forgotten about as soon as possible.

Opinions are opinions. Kike should take them for me. As I said, get that he scored them but I (like many others) expected kike to take over penalty taking duty as soon as he arrived. I don't doubt leadbitter isn't a bad spot kick taker, and understand that he has 3 from 3, but we have a penalty taking striker and in my opinion, he should take them.

All of this.

Didn't watch or listen to the game. But I did hear briefly at half time that he had no shots on target but ended up with 16 shots overall. I'm guessing there was a formation change when Abella came off for Clayton? A positive too.

As said above, just needs to be forgotten about as soon as possible.

BBC's full time stats as follows:

Possession (%)

Boro 57 - 43 Wednesday

Shots (on target)

Boro 16(5) - 12(5) Wednesday

Corners

Boro 6 - 5 Wednesday

Fouls (bookings)

Boro 12(3) - 12(3) Wednesday

Meijas being slaughtered on the Ali Brownlee show but some good points being made.

Preston and Reading will throw loads of high balls into the box in the hope of mistakes.

For some calmness to resume perhaps best if Dimi comes back but the other goals where the hell were our defenders