oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 2-3

If I was the Sheffield Wednesday manager and had watched Boro against Leeds I would be concentrating on putting a lot of high balls in to our box and relying on Meijas to make more mistakes.

Wholeheartedly agree. People are dismissing Sheff as a team that play long ball and quickly get the ball wide and into the box and who will be beaten whilst conceding 2, 3 or 4 yet are forgetting that we are a team whi struggle against teams who er......get the ball wide fast and put balls into the box. Think this is our toughest test yet as it could typify how we will do against decent organised teams at home. Leeds was just one of those days; play them again tomorrow we would probably win comfortably. To really start cementing ourselves at the top I reckon we will need to be winning home games and not losing away games.

2-1 Boro - Tomlin and Leadbitter

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I should be able to stream the commentary of the game tomorrow, providing nothing comes up last minute

Did you guys know that the same login can be used across all the clubs that use the same platform as Boro+. That's quite a lot of clubs. Talked to a Latics fan on an a Danish forum who is a subscriber to their service. His login also works at Boro+. That's a terrible flaw really. So all those who have Boro+ will be able to log in at other teams. Also some prem teams.

I hate playing Sheff Wed, i always feel like we should beat them comfortably and very rarely do, the 3-1 game in front of 28k seems like a one-off

...and they had Ross Barkley playing for them that night.

I should be able to stream the commentary of the game tomorrow, providing nothing comes up last minute

Did you guys know that the same login can be used across all the clubs that use the same platform as Boro+. That's quite a lot of clubs. Talked to a Latics fan on an a Danish forum who is a subscriber to their service. His login also works at Boro+. That's a terrible flaw really. So all those who have Boro+ will be able to log in at other teams. Also some prem teams.

I noticed the other day that you can switch between the different teams commentaries when you've signed into boro+. Ended up listening to 5 minutes of the wigan game by mistake!

For those of you going tomorrow, learn the words and get ready to sing :)

Thank you for being a friend

Traveled down the road and back again

your heart is true you're a pal and a confidant

I'm not ashamed to say

I hope it always will stay this way

My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow

And if you threw a party

Invited everyone you knew

You would see, the biggest gift would be from me

and the card attached would say,

If it's a car you lack

I'd surely buy you a cadillac

Whatever you need, anytime of the day or night

I'm not ashamed to say

I hope it always will stay this way

My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow

And when we both get older

With walking canes and hair of gray

Have no fear, even though it's hard to hear

I will stand real close and say,

What I'm most concerned about with our current squad.... If anyone manages to mark tomlin out of the game or he's having a bad day. that stifles all our creativity and we're left with adomah and reach creating chances. one hasn't looked on form yet this season, the other still needs to be able to beat his man a bit more. Even if reach and admoah are on form, kike's isolated when tomlin is off form and from the last few games, I've seen, when crosses come in, tomlins never in the box to support kike.....

I think despite a good game against Birmingham its a weak link.

may get slagged off for that like

I completely..................agree. I said it on the transfer thread the other day. My main worry is the lack of back up in the number 10 role. Got a bit of abuse because I have my heart set on vossen who I think would be the perfect competition for tomlin. A back up striker and another number 10 for me. Our only problem for me is the fact that the team seems to pick itself. Two players for every position, yet the only place we have realistic competition is centre half. Seriously, which other positions would anyone have to contemplate (barring the keeper)????

What I'm most concerned about with our current squad.... If anyone manages to mark tomlin out of the game or he's having a bad day. that stifles all our creativity and we're left with adomah and reach creating chances. one hasn't looked on form yet this season, the other still needs to be able to beat his man a bit more. Even if reach and admoah are on form, kike's isolated when tomlin is off form and from the last few games, I've seen, when crosses come in, tomlins never in the box to support kike.....

I completely..................agree. I said it on the transfer thread the other day. My main worry is the lack of back up in the number 10 role. Got a bit of abuse because I have my heart set on vossen who I think would be the perfect competition for tomlin. A back up striker and another number 10 for me. Our only problem for me is the fact that the team seems to pick itself. Two players for every position, yet the only place we have realistic competition is centre half. Seriously, which other positions would anyone have to contemplate (barring the keeper)????

Would clayton not operate playing behind the for ward player if we needed it though? I assume the other midfielder AK has mentioned is an attack minded player?

Sheff Wed are unbeaten so far and have only conceded once so you'd assume they are reasonably well organised. Other people have alluded to their style as being fairly basic but even if that is the case you'd be surprised at how often simple things are successful. As we've not been totally convincing so far it would be silly to write Sheff Wed off but I feel we've got enough in us to win this. There is a nagging doubt that this will be a sort of scrappy game that ends 1-1 but I'm hopeful that we'll get the win. I would love to see a dominant performance like we had against Birmingham and if we could manage that then we'd have had a very nice start to the season.

I'll be interested to see who starts at the back for us, whether Hines will retain his place or Ayala get back in. Similarly will Reach have done enough to get in ahead of Nsue. I suppose there's also a question about midfield as people seemed to think that Leadbitter and Clayton didn't work all that well together during the week but it's early days for them of course.

I'll go for a narrow 2-1 win but I wouldn't be surprised with a scrappy draw. I'd love to see us take them apart though and put a marker down.

Sheff Wed are unbeaten so far and have only conceded once so you'd assume they are reasonably well organised. Other people have alluded to their style as being fairly basic but even if that is the case you'd be surprised at how often simple things are successful. As we've not been totally convincing so far it would be silly to write Sheff Wed off but I feel we've got enough in us to win this. There is a nagging doubt that this will be a sort of scrappy game that ends 1-1 but I'm hopeful that we'll get the win. I would love to see a dominant performance like we had against Birmingham and if we could manage that then we'd have had a very nice start to the season.

I'll be interested to see who starts at the back for us, whether Hines will retain his place or Ayala get back in. Similarly will Reach have done enough to get in ahead of Nsue. I suppose there's also a question about midfield as people seemed to think that Leadbitter and Clayton didn't work all that well together during the week but it's early days for them of course.

I'll go for a narrow 2-1 win but I wouldn't be surprised with a scrappy draw. I'd love to see us take them apart though and put a marker down.

I agree. Not going to be as easy as people are seemingly expecting this match to be. I think its going to be a very scrappy 1-0 win to Middlesbrough, but I will take anything at this early stage of the season to get some much needed points on the board.

My team choice:

----------------Mejias-----------------

Abella-----Omeruo--Hines--------Friend

--------Clayton---------Leadbitter ------

Adomah----------Tomlin-----------Nsue

----------------SuperKike--------------

Stick with Majias for a few more games, although he does look a bit ropey he is still adapting to english football. Seb Hines seems to get a lot of stick from Boro fans, but from what I have seen to him this season he hasn't been anywhere near our worst player and I think he needs to retain his place and be given a chance. I Would also start with Nsue on the wing over Reach. Sometimes young Reach seems a bit.... out of his depth when running at people and the end product is a bit lacking.

-Will Boro get promoted this season?

Potentially, is AK can make the team play like they did against Birmingham more often.

-Will SuperKike save the Tees, or will the Championship prove to be his Kryptonite?

OLE OLE OLE OLE....KIKE KIKE!

-On a scale of Maxi Haas to Kris Boyd, just how bad is Seb Hines?

I like him.

-In which year will Mejias finally catch a ball?

Never.

-Who has the potential for greater beard growth, Abella or Clayton?

Abella definitely, just seems so much fuller!

-For this are we very happy?

Yes

-Should I just stop typing now?

Probably.

Welcome to the Forum Lee.

Good first post too. I'd go with your team but Ayala in for Hines. He clears pretty much anything that comes from deep, long ball wise. Also didn't think he deserved to lose his place.

Good first post too. I'd go with your team but Ayala in for Hines. He clears pretty much anything that comes from deep, long ball wise. Also didn't think he deserved to lose his place.

Thanks for the welcome, Davey.

New here, but not new to forums in general. :)

Thanks for the welcome, Davey.

New here, but not new to forums in general. :)

Yes indeed welcome to oneBoro Lee your wordsmithery clearly shows that you have done this before:)

Why has it taken so long for you to find us and join in with he friendliest bunch of Boro supporters in the realm and from overseas?

I agree with this. I think one of our biggest problems against Leeds was exactly what you described. Leeds got close to Tomlin, made sure he couldn't turn with the ball towards goal and I think he probably had one of his most frustrating games with hardly any of his touches coming off. In our formation it is that number 10 role that is most important and I'd wonder if we had 2 good strikers to choose from we'd switch to 2 up front when teams are getting the better of Tomlin. I would like to see him get into the box more when we have the ball but I think he is often the type of player who likes to hang back at the edge of the box for cut backs or clearances coming out to him.

Will be interesting to see who we bring in before the window closes.

If Tomlin gets a decent amount of space today then I think he can hurt Sheff Wed.