oneBoro Forum

Mejias going out on a limb but...

Vendetta? did he kill my family? :D

I dont hate anyone mate. We've played four games and Mejias has cost us points in two (nearly three) of those games. Surely its easy to see why I dont rate him?

...And come off it. If you think the 1st goal at Sheff Wed wasnt his fault, you're watching the wrong sport ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Humpty, explain.

Your vendetta against Meijas is verging on ridiculous. Explain how that 3rd headed goal Meijas is at fault? Explain how that second goal Meijas is at fault?

If he was stronger, he would have more conviction in his ability to collect crosses - De Gea is an example. I agree, it's not worth us playing him if he isn't ready - but he is hardly awful, and there are aspects which are better than Steele, Steele was dodgy to start with, but you'd forget that with those spectacles on! ;)

The first 2 goals he came when he didnt stand a chance of winning the ball

Not going to help with his confidence, if any of it is left at all. If anything, they should actually cheer louder, surely most fans are happy he's actually on the bench!

And if he starts this Sat, and if he blunders again, Karanka will come into the firing line as well and I wouldn't be surprised if fans start questioning Karanka for the first time if that happens.

I am in the doubting camp re Mejas ... but .... on Tuesday night when his name was announced a***st subs it was booed, wrong and not called for

Dear me, some of our fans make me laugh, the lad is clearly low on confidence so they decide to boo him, that will help the situation.

Vendetta? did he kill my family? :D

I dont hate anyone mate. We've played four games and Mejias has cost us points in two (nearly three) of those games. Surely its easy to see why I dont rate him?

...And come off it. If you think the 1st goal at Sheff Wed wasnt his fault, you're watching the wrong sport ;)

Well. The way I see it, 1st goal might have been a freekick for Mejias.

1JMC0nM.jpg

H5OIIm5.jpg

Sorry Nics, I don't see it like that. Those players are under the ball. The keeper has ran in to the group and jumped from underneath them. It's just all round poor technique. He should be clattering their heads with his knees!!

With regards to the booing, That's not the right thing to do at all. As long as he puts in 100% in a Boro shirt, a player should never be booed. He doesn't deserve that.

I understand your point and would also agree with you had it not been for the raised elbow. It looks quite obvious, but on the other hand it could be for defending himself from Mejias knocking him the *** out.

Regardless, I agree the 1st goal was not impressive goalkeeping.

The first goal was his fault, but in Spain that would have been a free kick for him 9/10 times but in England it's more like 1/10 (which is how it should be). He should obviously have gotten to the ball by being much more decisive and brave, and that is hopefully something he will learn. He has to commit himself to getting the ball. Only that way will he gain the respect from the strikers and his own defenders.

The other two goals were certainly not his fault.

From reading the comments I thought his mistakes were a lot worse than the video footage suggests, and it's certainly not as big a drop as the one against Leeds.

I appreciate Karanka holding his ground. I know everyone will take in the Steele situation and say "Mejias is from Spain. Karanka is from Spain. They enjoy their Saturday paella together that's why".

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. But I think I should be knighted the Defender of Mejias.

It's simple for me. I think Karanka is making the wrong decision but he's the manager and I'm not. Whoever pulls on that shirt gets my support and I certainly don't believe in making a bad situation worse by booing the poor lad or getting on his back. I'll just have to put my faith in the boss and hope that Tomas comes good. Promotion chances hinge on your keeper playing well.

It's simple for me. I think Karanka is making the wrong decision but he's the manager and I'm not. Whoever pulls on that shirt gets my support and I certainly don't believe in making a bad situation worse by booing the poor lad or getting on his back. I'll just have to put my faith in the boss and hope that Tomas comes good. Promotion chances hinge on your keeper playing well.

spot on.

although i think Steele is by far and away the best we have, there is a long record of managers in football dropping some of the existing first team for no apparent reason in order to show who's boss.

ill be behind tomas for as long a he is in goal for the boro