oneBoro Forum

Final result  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Final result

• Boro win
    • Draw
    • Reading win

Hello!! If you are reading this then I have managed to get a second match thread on the trot, and for this I am happy!

Unfortunately for the forum (not so for myself) Aitor is sending me on a top secret scouting mission in the Albufeira region of Portugal, which has cleverly been disguised as a holiday. Therefore I have been forced to create this match thread in a bit of a rush! Enjoy!

So! A good 3-1 victory over Preston North End has taken us into the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup. I think we can all agree that it was a bit of a mediocre first half before the second half exploded into life with a great free-kick from Tomlin! Unfortunately it seems that a few teams have started to find our weakness in defending set-pieces which must be addressed. 2 more Boro goals followed this and pretty much finished the game off.

Now we look back to the Championship at the weekend and to the visit of Reading F.C to the Riverside. Many will hope that we can repeat the heroics of the final home game of 2013 which gave the Boro a convincing 3-0 over the visitors. This would surely get us back onto the rails after the game that shall not be mentioned last weekend.

This is the 25th meeting between the 2 sides in all competitions. With a total of: 9 Wins-9 Draws-7 Losses Our last 5 meetings with Reading at the Riverside do not shed much light on how we may expect the match to go:

29/12/2013: Middlesbrough 3-0 Reading W

25/02/2012: Middlesbrough 0-2 Reading L

18/09/2010: Middlesbrough 3-1 Reading W

20/03/2010: Middlesbrough 1-1 Reading D

01/03/2008: Middlesbrough 0-1 Reading L

Both sides will be looking to forget about their last league game in which both sides were outplayed by their opposition and to push for a victory. Boro will be bolstered by the fact that Reading's 2013/14 player of the season Jordan Obita is out injured alongside striker Pavel Pogrebnyak. Boro have no new injury concerns.

My prediction for the line-up may be out of date by the weekend in regards to transfers but I will try my very best!!

------------Mejias-------------

Abella--Omeruo--Ayala--Friend

-----Leadbitter--Clayton-----

---Adomah--Tomlin--Reach---

-------------Kike-------------

I am sure if we see any new additions (Bamford) they may wriggle their way into the match day squad. Unfortunately for the forum, me and my lottery numbers I can not predict the future!

I now leave you with the big questions for the weekend!

*Will Mejias be able to show us what he is capable of?

*Will we have Bamford before the weekend?

*What other positions do we need players?

*If Jurassic park was real would you visit it?

*Why does your nose run and your feet smell?

*Do people with bad spelling have the best passwords?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

1) yes, but I have no idea if what he's capable of is any good or not

2) probably

3) yes, definitely

4) poor personal hygiene

5) yse

I honestly can't see Meijas i'm goal saturday. Especially with Dimi in goal for the COC

I really have no idea about bamford anymore but we need another forward in!

Obviously. Jurassic bloody park!

Might ask myself that question whilst attempting to pat my head and rub my belly at the same time

It could be a spelling paradox that decends into not knowing if you spelt it rite or rong.

Really looking forward to Saturday. Bringing my father in law who's a fulham ST holder to actually enjoy his saturday afternoon.

2-1 the Burra

If AK opts for 4-3-3 (as AV eluded to) and Bamford and Baker deals come off, perhaps we'll see...

-------- Konstantonopoulos ---------

- Damia - Omeruo - Hines - Friend -

---- Baker - Leadbitter - Clayton ----

--------------- Tomlin -----------------

---------- Bamford - Kike -----------

A win in this would leave us with 9 points from 5 games + progression to the COC third round - that would be a fantastic start to the season in my opinion.

Failure to win however at home against a struggling injury-hit Reading would leave a bitter taste going into the international break and make the overall outlook far less appealing.

Big game. Especially in terms of fan expectations.

2-1.

*I bloody well hope so, Karanka must see something in him but I would appreciate it if he would show the rest of us!

*I reckon so

*LW would be nice, another RB and perhaps a number 10

*Hell yeah

*Who nose? (sorry)

*Eye gess sow

Boro 2 - 1 Reading

FGS: Leadbitter

yes- reading get it about and play so might be a good chance to show off his shot stopping skills.

yes

we need a large commanding centre half. the lads we have are all promisiing esp omeruo but not commanding enough like ugo southgate pearson in the past. they are giving our keeper a bad name.

no

got a cold and not had a bath?

quiet possibaly

i think this will be a better game for us, they will play on the floor and omeruo is excellent at defending on the ground. we had good fullbacks to which will be able to get forward more in this game. our wingers will be alot more involved in this game.

prediction 3-1 boro open game but home advantage will see us through.

Trapper could be correct we have not had a draw so far this season so one is probably due and I have no doubt Reading will want to forget their last league result as quickly as possible with a far better display away from home.

For Boro and though I seldom use this phrase I think this game can take the mantle of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........so far for obvious reasons.

Hell if we lose this place will be like a morgue for the next 2 weeks but more importantly a game whereby Boro can put aside the Wednesday display as a blip.

Who will play as a strike force perhaps tomorrow will tell but I certainly am happier that we have the likes of Ledesma back and Tomlin should be far happier within himself.

Got to go for it as I think that whoever scores first will win..........................unless it is a draw of course!

All looks fine to me Marvin.

Think we'll win this one. I went to Uni with a Reading fan and all summer he's been so downbeat about their chances this season. Said they've had a 'decent' start but he isn't convinced at all and expects them to finish near to the relegation spots this year.

2-0. Hopefully Dimi back in goal to give the defence a bit of confidence, and Kike back on the score sheet.

I reckon this will be a hard fought game but we will boss possession and win the game 1-0 with Kike grabbing the goal.

1) I think he will gradually improve and turn into a very good keeper. The change, however, won't happen overnight.

2) We will probably have him signed officially. Whether he features is a different matter entirely.

3) We need another RB, CDM, CAM, LCAM/LW and ST

Is anyone else having a problem buying tickets for the match on the MFC website? It's only offering car park tickets and I don't think I'll see much from there...

They were doing an update to the club shop online yesterday so that might have caused an issue. Get there early enough and buy on the door, mind you queues have been quite big this season so far for home games at the west stand ticket office.

Reading apparently have SIXTEEN players injured. And their keeper (McCarthy) is off to QPR.

Could be a very good time to play them

federici has been their first choice keeper of late though