oneBoro Forum

Vossen

Thank you for taking the time out to post here strupie. I hope, and this is no way a slant on you, that it is a case of you cant win them all. But from what your saying he is exactly the type of player we need. A finisher.

We don't need a player that can put the ball past defender, run on and cross/shoot we have those In Adomah Wildschut Nsue Reach & Carayol

We don't need a CF to out muscle and create space we have that in Kike & Bamford.

We don't need a tricky player to make mazy runs play thorugh balls and create we have that in Tomlin. (though I would like another 1 of these)

What we need and have done for a long time is someone who can Finish, someone to be in & around the box to stick the chances that we create away. I wasn't able to listen to the Reading game so I can't comment directly but to have 24 Shots & only 5 on target proves my point.

Now we have that in Vossen, first and foremost a finisher. He may bulk up & be able to muscle defenders off the ball therefore creating more of his own chances in the future but for now I will be happy to take 15 fox in the box goals.

See what I did there ;)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not trying to make a comparison but Gary Lineker was a finisher, can anyone remember a goal he scored from outside the box or even a worldy, he was always johnny-on-the-spot, hnows where the goal is, I'd be happy is Vossen is even 10% as good as lineker

I'm not trying to make a comparison but Gary Lineker was a finisher, can anyone remember a goal he scored from outside the box or even a worldy, he was always johnny-on-the-spot, hnows where the goal is, I'd be happy is Vossen is even 10% as good as lineker

Vossen is a one touch finished from anywhere within 20 yards.

That'll do for me:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that Vossen is going to have a beast of a game tomorrow. It's 40/1 for him to get a hat-trick tomorrow. I hope the fans that were excited about the thought of us signing him, when it looked close to an impossibility, can show their support to him, and most importantly the club by being there tomorrow to cheer us on to 3 massive points.

Gibson has gambled and pushed the boat out with good quality signings like Vossen, so hopefully the fans get behind the team and start to sense the opportunity to push for promotion. Promotion campaigns are often about teams finding momentum and sensing an opportunity, so hopefully the fans can get behind the team and be there tomorrow.

I have a feeling that Vossen is going to have a beast of a game tomorrow. It's 40/1 for him to get a hat-trick tomorrow. I hope the fans that were excited about the thought of us signing him, when it looked close to an impossibility, can show their support to him, and most importantly the club by being there tomorrow to cheer us on to 3 massive points.

Gibson has gambled and pushed the boat out with good quality signings like Vossen, so hopefully the fans get behind the team and start to sense the opportunity to push for promotion. Promotion campaigns are often about teams finding momentum and sensing an opportunity, so hopefully the fans can get behind the team and be there tomorrow.

Well, he didn't have a beast of a game but I thought he showed his class on several occasions and I'd definitely be picking him in the team, he can only get better. His general attitude is hard working, one touch football and he's always looking to bring someone else in to the game and then move forward to support the attack. Simple pass and move football which is very effective. I like sound footballers who get the job done with minimal fuss.

There was times he wasn't quite on the pace with a bad touch here and there but as starbuy said there was moments of quality especially the ball inside the brentford full back to release nsue for the second goal! Can only get better . And the fact we can have the likes of Kike on the bench .... Is this our year!?

I'd say for him to be pretty much already playing at higher Championship standard when he's proclaimed himself to be 2 weeks from match fitness when he first arrived, playing in a very different league and living in a new country, says a lot about the quality of player we have in him. It's very rare for a foreign player to slot straight into the English game unless he is genuinely world class (e.g. Aguero at City etc.)

What is for sure, is it's been several years since Boro had 3 central Forward players (4 including Tomlin) who are comfortable on the ball and capable of scoring goals from minimal chances created. We also look to have our best defence and midfield in years too, so the signs are all good... the manager isn't bad too ;)

Just need to get the fans back to the Riverside and 4-0 ers are a good start... bring on Liverpool!

From what I saw yesterday he will and is fast becoming an integeral part of the Boro team and to be honest I am far happier with him playing than not.

All he needs is a goal to stop some from moaning but he does offer other aspects of play and his passing is very very good.

Also he does bust a gut for his team mates and we all like that in a player

Agreed DS. He put in performance that will probably go unnoticed in that great team display but he did a lot for the team. He works hard and closes down but his passing is great. That ball to Nsue was a bit special. As he gets fitter, the sharpness will come to his game. We have to remembered he hasn't played for a while so needs time. Can't wait till he finds his form. He's gonna be great for us and score a lot of goals.