Adomah Vossen Wildschut

Kike

Red XI first half (4-2-3-1):

Dimi

Bennett Ayala Burn Husband

Whitehead Leadbitter

Ledesma Tomlin Reach

Bamford

The red XI broke the deadlock with a beautifully curled effort from ledesma. The scores were then levelled by a lovely header from vossen at the near post as he connected with a wildschut cross (iirc). Lee Tomlin then decided to steal the show with an absolute corker from outside the box right into the top corner.

At half time there were quite a few changes:

Ripley on for Dimi

Nsue on for Bennett

Kike and Bamford swapped teams, as did Clayton and Whitehead.

Halliday and adomah swapped positions.

I think that's pretty much all the changes, forgive me if I've missed a couple.

The second half was relatively quite but Kike did manage to make it 3-1 with a cheeky backheel after a poor touch from Halliday fell to him.

Final score: Reds 3-1 Blues

Verdict on the performances:

Meijas and Dimi:

Meijas looked more confident today, came and collected 3/4 crosses and made some very good saves from kike in the first half. Dimi had a few dodgy moments when he took one too many touches with the ball at his feet, other than that a very steady performance.

Defences:

Both defences looked fairly solid, wildschut gave Bennett and Nsue real problems for most of the game.

Midfield:

All performed reasonably well with clayton and leadbitter impressing the most, dictating the tempo of the game and spraying the ball out to the wings, a pretty good performance from both sides.

Wingers:

All performed pretty well but the two who impressed the most were Wildschut and Ledesma. Wildschut is unbelievably fast, made Bennett and Nsue look very slow on a number of occasions, needs some work on his crossing but he will be a very good asset in this league, one that gets people out of their seats. Ledesma scored a great goal and put in some good crosses all game, probably one of our more talented players but as we all know he is plagued with inconsistency, if he can get past that he'll be great for us.

Vossen and Tomlin:

Arguably the two best players on the pitch. Tomlin scored a fantastic goal and was buzzing around like he always does, still dropping a bit too deep for me, but that can be overlooked if he produces goals like he did today. Vossen said that he was 2-3 weeks off full fitness and he did look a bit off the pace, but his quality was there for all to see, played some great passes and was always looking to run towards the front post when a cross comes in.

Kike and Bamford:

Decent performance from both, Bamford looked like he was carrying a knock in the first half, he kept falling over and holding his ankle, he seemed to be ok in the second half so perhaps it was a problem with his boots. Kike played his game and looked comfortable with both tomlin and vossen behind him, made some good runs and got his reward with a goal.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Dom Shaw of the Gazette reckons it was 3-1 and I think he may be right, Kikes goal was in the second half after he'd changed to the red side, quick edit required.

Maybe I should have taken some notes rather than just relying on my memory, but I guess that's why Dom Shaw gets paid for his reports ;)

The gazette also reckon we played two up front in Vossen/Kike. Was it two or was it usual 4231?

Vossen was closer to Kike than tomlin usually is but from what I saw he was definitely playing just behind him, much closer to 2 strikers than we've been so far this season but it was still a 4-2-3-1 for me.

Don't think it was Parnaby, he's at Hartlepool :P

If it wasn't Parnaby then he has a look-a-like at the club!

Abella and Luke Williams carrying knocks?

Did Connor Ripley do anything?

I know Gibson and Omeruo is on international duty.

Luke Williams was in the dugout in normal clothes, not sure if it was a knock or if he's just not really in Aitor's plans. Didn't see abella at all but he could've been there, I was quite a long way away from the dugout, could only see Williams because he was stood up.

Ripley was decent, very loud talking to his defence and made some decent saves.

The gazette also reckon we played two up front in Vossen/Kike. Was it two or was it usual 4231?

Vossen was closer to Kike than tomlin usually is but from what I saw he was definitely playing just behind him, much closer to 2 strikers than we've been so far this season but it was still a 4-2-3-1 for me.

Luke Williams was in the dugout in normal clothes, not sure if it was a knock or if he's just not really in Aitor's plans. Didn't see abella at all but he could've been there, I was quite a long way away from the dugout, could only see Williams because he was stood up.

Could the Parnaby look-alike have been Abella? Tall, slim fellow with a beard and short hair. Quite easy to confuse tbf :p

Could the Parnaby look-alike have been Abella? Tall, slim fellow with a beard and short hair. Quite easy to confuse tbf :p

i thought it was Abella