oneBoro Forum

Boro V Huddersfield (A) 2-1

Boro V Huddersfield  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Huddersfield

Scrappy disjointed poor quality game from both sides first half... Boro came to take control second half... seemed like complacency crept in later on hence their equaliser... thought we were lucky to get a winner from a soft penalty... here's what i saw from the stands...

Dimi 7 little to do... spilled it first half but Damia did well to mop up... otherwise solid and must replace Mejias

Damia 7 looked to get forward more today but lacks thrust of Friend... solid defensively and best performance in a Boro shirt so far

Friend 7 not as successful with his forays forward this week but decent showing today

Gibson & Ayala 7 few wobbly moments from both but otherwise solid performance against a team with little cutting edge... too far away to see if either were responsible for Stead's goal

Clayton 7 not really seeing yet what he brings that Butterfield didn't but decent enough game

Leadbitter 8 really stepping up to the role as captain and leader... definitely more forward thinking this season... no longer the crab... few misplaced passes but great strike for the first... from right behind the goal you could see the amount of swerve he put on the strike with the outside of his boot... confident penalty too... needs to put more pace on his crosses though... Butterfield's deliveries in the first half was how you do it

Adomah 7.5 probably our most potent attacking outlet first half... not as effective second but another good performance overall building on his good showing against Reading

Reach 7.5 got himself involved a fair bit... especially second half... did well to get past his man a couple of times but really needs to get his head up and look before crossing... we could have had one or two more if his deliveries were better

Tomlin 6 certainly more effort today but still ineffective... little came off for him and was pushed off the ball to easily... expect him to be a bench warmer from now on

Kike 6 not a great performance and seemed to be showing a touch of the scotty mcdonalds with his moaning... he and Tomlin in particular sharing a few sharp words... another trait we're starting to see is he's a bit of a greedy bar steward... needs to improve both his game and attitude but in fairness he looks isolated up top

Vossen 8 definitely a genuine second striker rather than an attacking midfielder like Tomlin... looked composed, retained the ball well (despite what Genk fans seem to say), played a few well measured passes and was unlucky not to score with his 20 yard drive that shaved the post... should be a permanent fixture in the hole based on this cameo and will hopefully give Kike the support he so desperately needs

Bamford 5 did nothing... literally... looks a little too laid back for my liking... only saw him play once before joining Boro and didn't think much then... lets hope he delivers on his reputation over the coming weeks

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I normally don't query ratings like this because I don't do them myself but I think Vossen with an 8 is getting just a touch carried away. He looked decent when he came on but that's about it. You've actually made him joint MOM there which is just crazy in my opinion. No offence intended before anyone starts.

I thought Kike was our worst player today, i said a few weeks ago he looked greedy, his touch wasn't there today either. I still think Reach is the weak point of our attack as a few have mentioned, far too happy to just swing the ball into the box, even when he beats his man he doesn't drive into the box and just crosses it, looking forward to seeing Wildschut so we have some proper pace.

I normally don't query ratings like this because I don't do them myself but I think Vossen with an 8 is getting just a touch carried away. He looked decent when he came on but that's about it. You've actually made him joint MOM there which is just crazy in my opinion. No offence intended before anyone starts.

No offence taken here pal... no mention of man of the match either... reason i gave him an eight was because from where i was standing he contributed more positively and made less mistakes compared to most others... but you're right... no one can lay claim to man of the match for just 30 mins on the pitch

well am deflated, no way that was that a pen. cant argue with the free kick cracking goal

You are joking aren't you? I was at the match and your defender looked like he was trying to undress Reach, definite pen for me.

Scrappy disjointed poor quality game from both sides first half... Boro came to take control second half... seemed like complacency crept in later on hence their equaliser... thought we were lucky to get a winner from a soft penalty... here's what i saw from the stands...

Dimi 7 little to do... spilled it first half but Damia did well to mop up... otherwise solid and must replace Mejias

Damia 7 looked to get forward more today but lacks thrust of Friend... solid defensively and best performance in a Boro shirt so far

Friend 7 not as successful with his forays forward this week but decent showing today

Gibson & Ayala 7 few wobbly moments from both but otherwise solid performance against a team with little cutting edge... too far away to see if either were responsible for Stead's goal

Clayton 7 not really seeing yet what he brings that Butterfield didn't but decent enough game

Leadbitter 8 really stepping up to the role as captain and leader... definitely more forward thinking this season... no longer the crab... few misplaced passes but great strike for the first... from right behind the goal you could see the amount of swerve he put on the strike with the outside of his boot... confident penalty too... needs to put more pace on his crosses though... Butterfield's deliveries in the first half was how you do it

Adomah 7.5 probably our most potent attacking outlet first half... not as effective second but another good performance overall building on his good showing against Reading

Reach 7.5 got himself involved a fair bit... especially second half... did well to get past his man a couple of times but really needs to get his head up and look before crossing... we could have had one or two more if his deliveries were better

Tomlin 6 certainly more effort today but still ineffective... little came off for him and was pushed off the ball to easily... expect him to be a bench warmer from now on

Kike 6 not a great performance and seemed to be showing a touch of the scotty mcdonalds with his moaning... he and Tomlin in particular sharing a few sharp words... another trait we're starting to see is he's a bit of a greedy bar steward... needs to improve both his game and attitude but in fairness he looks isolated up top

Vossen 8 definitely a genuine second striker rather than an attacking midfielder like Tomlin... looked composed, retained the ball well (despite what Genk fans seem to say), played a few well measured passes and was unlucky not to score with his 20 yard drive that shaved the post... should be a permanent fixture in the hole based on this cameo and will hopefully give Kike the support he so desperately needs

Bamford 5 did nothing... literally... looks a little too laid back for my liking... only saw him play once before joining Boro and didn't think much then... lets hope he delivers on his reputation over the coming weeks

What Clayton brings over Butterfield is consistency. With Clayton and Leadbitter you have two guys with great engines, who will press the opposition and look to keep the ball moving, that's what we saw today.

Butterfield looked good in spells, but overall he flatted to deceive. No good having one great game and then four stinkers.

What Clayton brings over Butterfield is consistency. With Clayton and Leadbitter you have two guys with great engines, who will press the opposition and look to keep the ball moving, that's what we saw today.

Butterfield looked good in spells, but overall he flatted to deceive. No good having one great game and then four stinkers.

Good point... hope you're right

well am deflated, no way that was that a pen. cant argue with the free kick cracking goal

You are joking aren't you? I was at the match and your defender looked like he was trying to undress Reach, definite pen for me.

well from where i was watching, there was minimal contact