1. 1. Boro V Huddersfield

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I actually think there wont be much changes for the 1st game back and that he will stick to 4231 for the away match. Then 433, 4312, 4213 or whatever he decided to use full time at home.

-------Blackman-----

Damia--Gibson--Omeruo--Friend

-----Clayton---Leadbitter

Adomah----Tomlin--Wildschut

-----------Kike----------☆

At home

--------Blackman----------

Damia----Gibbo---Omeruo--Friend

-------Clayton--Leadbitter----

--------------Tomlin----------

Bamford------Kike------Vossen

Put a daft quid on us to score 5 goals or more! ;)

Iv got my usual quid on a Kike hat trick, bound to happen at some point :P

Apologies dave, didnt realise he walked. strange to walk one game into the season.

I must confess I'm getting quite excited about this match now!

Not only by the prospect of playing a fairly close (Yorkshire?:D) rival but also due to having a new manager and a key player in defence. We've been crying out for a commanding experienced centre back for many a season and while it may take Mark Hudson some time to settle with the players around him, I wait with eager anticipation.

Mark H has been there and done it at this level and has nothing to prove really I just hope his vision and experience rubs off on those around him and we stop leaking goals.

I've no doubt going forward we pose a real threat to most Championship teams and if we can sort out our defensive frailties by at least 50% perhaps the mid-table or better placing we all crave will become a reality. :D

I don't think we have serious defensive frailties. On the most part we've been very solid there for a long time, so it's more a case of addressing that short-term dip in form as oppose to dealing with a bigger issue. That said, hopefully Blackman can come in and do a better job then Mejias, as in my opinion the bulk of the recent problems originate from there. Harsh to pinpoint one player as the cause, but it's pretty clear cut to me that the majority of the blame is at his door. Gibson should be back too which will help.

If we can get our attacking players to gel as well, and I see no reason why we can't given the number of options and alternatives we have, then we're in for a very good season.

But I maintain my line that if we come out of this one with a solid draw, I'd hate to see a 'typical Boro' lynch mob back in action. It is a shame that we start with an away game after the transfer window revolution!