oneBoro Forum

Boro V Cardiff (A) 1-0

Boro V Cardiff  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Cardiff

Would be excellent if there is a stream for the game. Fingers crossed. Would really like to see some of the new players in action, but three points will do me fine;)

Just copied this from the Cardiff forum: "When things started to go wrong on Saturday, it was very evident that the team body language slumped, there was no real evidence of a Leader on the field shouting the odds or geeing others on."

Let's hope we get that early goal to really unsettle them and get the fans on their backs

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Will be a difficult game for us especially considering they just conceded 4 goals at home ... Will be looking to put that right. However, I think we can get something ;) their fans are ready to turn on the manager (some already have by the sounds of it) so if we can frustrate them the place will turn very sour. Expect similar team to Saturday with maybe a shuffle around of the strikers.

C'mon Boro .... 2-0 win but need to play well

Looking forward to this one, at the start of the season it looked like Cardiff away would be one of the tougher games, but we couldn't be playing them at a better time, so hopefully we beat them and start putting a decent run together

Still think, and kind of hope, that we'll see this team...

----------------- Dimi -----------------

- Damia - Omeruo - Gibson - Friend -

--------- Leadbitter - Clayton ---------

---------------- Tomlin ----------------

--- Adomah ------------- Wildschut ---

----------------- Kike ------------------

Pace on the break, a solid core and sticking with the 4-2-3-1 that has treated us so well away from home.

I think we'll see changes for the next home game, with the two up top we've been craving, a central attack, more width and adventurous attacks from the fullbacks and debuts for our key signings...

------------ Dimi/Blackman ------------

----------- Omeruo - Gibson -----------

- Freddy ----------------------- Friend -

--------- Leadbitter - Clayton ---------

------- Adomah -------- Tomlin -------

----------- Bamford - Vossen ----------

I think people predicting a clean sheet might be being a touch optimistic. We've only had one this season so far and Cardiff have only failed to score once in their six games, which was away at Wolves. They've lost fewer games than us and for all of their supposed turmoil they're only two points behind us having had a much more difficult start in my opinion. They've played Wigan, Norwich and Huddersfield at home and Blackburn, Wolves and Fulham away. They also have a physically strong striker in Kenwyne Jones and we have a tendency to struggle against those types of players for some reason.

I don't see us as a top six side at the moment. Our start to the season has actually been kind of poor if you take into account the opposition. We've probably played four likely relegation candidates and it wouldn't surprise me if all but Reading end up in the bottom half (Sheff Wed might make that statement incorrect).

A score draw would be a solid result for us, a win of course would be excellent but I think going there and getting a three points will be a step up from Huddersfield and I'm just not quite convinced by us yet. This to me is the sort of game that if we can get the win then it will show that we have the capability to go to tough places and get results and will push me towards being convinced that top six in realistic. A defeat and it just reinforces where I think we are right now and maintains the stop-start nature of our season to date.

A draw would be a good result for us here, and I agree with others about us needing to get the first goal if possible. They don't look like a confident team at the moment, so if we can get ourselves ahead, their heads might drop and we'll have a better chance of coming away with something.

Think I'm 40DD

Bloody hell...fancy a coffee at mine after ;-)

As we all know the championship is predictably unpredictable uunless you are one of those teama who mamages to find that level and maintain it most of the season. We havent found any consistency like previous promited teams have, we arent scoring from open play and we arent keeping clean sheets. But we are still picking up points which is the most important thing.

I get the feeling Kenwyne Jones will cause trouble with his height and physicallity so I would go for the 2 CB beat suited to that, stick Vossen for Tomlin and maybe Bamford for Kike. Keep Reach in for this one

Thats was informative!!

Should be a link for this game due to Cardiff's sponsers I believe?

Found this though unsure how accurate it is

http://watchonline.name/watch-cardiff-v-middlesbrough-soccer-livestream/

Fingers crossed for better finishing from open play, Cardiff are no push overs but we could rub salt into their wounds

bet365 showing a live stream as well. Quite surprising there are plenty of live streams for most championship matches for last sat n today outside those shown on sky.

I'd stick with Kike for his holdup play and switch Tomlin for Vossen, although from what I hear, Vossen won't start.

I'd also go with Reach for now and use Wildschutt as the impact sub to use his speed against their tiring defence.

Ken and Ben at center half and the rest of the team picks itself.

We may not have found the consistency that promoted teams seem to have yet but we've certainly found the luck they normally have. Two last gasp winners in 2 consecutive away matches and both won by penalties!

Was pleased with the interview with Karanka on SSN yesterday as he indicated in his usual way that he is now very happy with HIS team and he indicated at least to me that the Boro are going to be the team to watch and beat for everyone else in the division.

I know that we often err on the side of caution due to previous experiances but let's be honest (especially with the bench we had on Saturday) this Boro team could be very special indeed and will become a real force moving ahead.

I personally have great faith in his team and the Manager and no longer will concern myself too much with the opposition but believe that the opposition have more to concern themselves about Boro.

I also think we will be a fantastic away unit (possibly with the most points gained away) and the big differences we will all see is our home performances in terms of intent and display.

With regards to Tomlin and Kike then this will be of benefit to us and them because they will have to up their game to be ensured of a starting place