oneBoro Forum

Boro V Cardiff (A) 1-0

Boro V Cardiff  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Cardiff

Nothing like sitting on the fence but I honestly think this could go either way due to the results and the manner of results on Saturday.

Cardiff will either be up for it to prove a point to their fans, or their confidence will be shot and with an early goal/pressure we could turn it into an uncomfortable evening for them.

I wouldn't change too much from the Huddersfield game, other than maybe Vossen for Tomlin as Vossen looked far more of a threat breaking into the box. If Kike is feeling it a little id also be happy for Bamford to come in for him, nice to have choices! Away from home I think the fans need to understand that games like this are important not to lose but aren't a disaster if we don't win it either. I think the real changes in formation will come at home, not at away games vs Cardiff. I understand everyone would like to see us go all out attack but this won't happen away from home imo.

I actually think we will nick this one 2-1, Vossen & Albert to score, but would definitely take a point now.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I'd prefer us maybe to structure this as a more counter attacking team as I can see it being a tough away game. in that respect I'd want pace and movement in a front three and more toughness in the middle. To this end I'd go for...

----------------Dimi--------------

Abella---Gibson--Ayala---Friend

-------------Whitehead--------

-------Clayton-----Leadbitter-----

Adomah------------------wildschut

---------Bamford/Vossen---------

Towards the back end of last season I would've fancied us to keep a clean sheet and nick a win. I don't have as much confidence in our defence this time out. I'd play a similar team to Saturday because we have to be solid.

I'd consider giving Vossen a run out, but I wouldn't drop Reach as he works harder for us when we don't have the ball. By all accounts Wildschot still has to learn that side of the game in England and I'd prefer he learns it at home.

Low score draw or defeat in my opinion.

I'll be there tomorrow on my 20 minute pilgrimage into Cardiff after a years break from going to the city stadium.

It's my misses first ever game and to say she is a huge Cardiff fan is an understatement, both her and her family are CCfc mental. Her dad is on the security team there.

So I'll be dawning the plain clothes tomorrow as I will be sat in enemy territory!.

There is still a lot of hate for tan and rife rumours of a back to blue swap that still hasn't come to fruition.

Fans are angry about the sale of mark Hudson who apparently found out he was being sold 3 days before the window closed.

Also the away kit now being blue with the red badge isn't helping to get the dummy back in the mouths of the folk here,in fact after spending 18 quid on ccfc shorts forthe misses in the club shop in town,which believe it or not is cash only!!! Couldn't stop banging on about it. Although fair play full home and away kit shorts socks the works together is 60 seems like a bargain, not one I'll be investing in any time ever though.

My marriage could be on the rocks tomorrow and my relationship with her family might suffer too so in good sporting spirit I've said I hope Cardiff win as it's her first game, truth is I hope we absolutely smash them like Norwich did, I do expect if that happens though I'll be ignored for an extended period of time :( ha!

Before a ball was kicked this season id probably have accepted that this was one of about 8 or so fixtures that wed have low expectations of picking up any points from .

however Cardiff have underachieved and still havent gelled under OGS . and Boro .....well from what weve seen so far , anything is possible . saying that im happier in the goalkeeping issue and looking forwards to our transfer window signings starting to make an impact so im slightly more optomistic than i was prior to the season

id still happily take a piont though but hoping for a bit more if things go our way .

head....1-1

heart...2-1

Tough game but these are the one's we need to start picking up points, a draw would be good, anything else a big bonus!

Think Karanks will freshen the team up with a couple of changes.

Who do you think he will bring in and who will be rested?

I can see Omeruo coming into the defence in favour of Ayala, but I can't see many other changes as we're away from home. If we were at home he might drop Tomlin in favour of Vossen...