oneBoro Forum

Boro V Cardiff (A) 1-0

Boro V Cardiff  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Boro V Cardiff

I actually think this will suit us better than Huddersfield as Cardiff will have to come at us and we can hit them on the break. Wouldn't surprise me to see one of AA/Reach dropped to accomadate Vossen. Don't think Ayala did anything wrong to be dropped in defence but big Ken is a class act so you never know.

Would be happy with a draw but have a sneeky feeling we could get a win , especially if we can score early and get their crowds back up.

Gutted I can't go as Cardiff a mid week game , and would deffo have gone if a saturday - Who on earth comes up with these games midweek!!!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Personally I can see Kike being rested for this one with both Bamford and Vossen starting!

Really looking forward to this one as its one of the few games I get to.. Living in Cardiff the mood a***st the fans is very negative.. I'd go as far as to say they can be even worse than 90% of Boro fans! I think they are really there for the taking.. Predicting a 2-0 away win and I cannot wait to see Vossen in the flesh!!!!

Feeling pessimistic about this one for a few reasons.

Firstly, as James pointed out, this sounds like a must-win game for Solskjaer and the players will surely want to make up for the Norwich defeat. They probably have the strength in depth to ditch some of the players from that game and still put out a good team.

Secondly, while we look to have signed some very good players, its still early days and they'll have quite a steep learning curve to overcome, if they are to function effectively as a team.

Thirdly, while we can dominate possession, we're still looking a bit short when it comes to actually sticking the ball in the net in open play. AK and the coaching staff really need to work on this, if we are to realise the undoubted attacking potential we have at our disposal.

While I wouldn't entirely discount the possibilty of a win, I'd be quite happy with a draw. Think Cardiff will be more defensive-minded in an effort to keep a clean sheet and we will struggle to break them down.

My Prediction: Cardiff 0 - 0 Boro

(then again, my predictions are usually as accurate as the weather forecast)

I think this game has Woodgate written all over it..

Saying that id be happy with Big Ken and either Ayala/Gibson for this too.

Ayala for the aerial battle with Jones and Gibson because he has a good partnership with Big Ken.

I also think Vossen and Wildschut will start, Chance of Nsue starting too!?

"He hinted that he could freshen things up against Cardiff, although he does not think it is time to hand first starts to new signings Jelle Vossen or Patrick Bamford." -http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/11474159._/?

I thought Vossen would start the game too, so it seems AK is indicating inthe press conference he will not start him. Or is he trying to trick Cardiff into thinking so?

I agree a point on the road at this moment is very acceptable but draws can be so much more than that!

Take your 0-0 result always open to the "if only we had not missed that sitter"

Your score draw........if winning with minutes to go and conceeding late feels like a loss

When you equalise with moments to spare then it feels as nearly as good as a win!

So if it is to be a draw would prefer the goaless type

Football League match official appointments for this week.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Appointments/0,,10794~4146379,00.html

Cardiff City v Middlesbrough

GRAHAM SCOTT

Marvyn Amphlett and Mark Derrien

Fourth Official Simon Knapp

Middlesbrough v Brentford

JEREMY SIMPSON

Paul Kettlewell and Anthony Tankard

Fourth Official Ken Haycock

Anyone else going to the game? (and sitting in the right end :))

I'm going on my own as there arn't too many Boro fans round these parts, I'll give you a wave when Vossen scores Stevo7790 ;)

Also there on my own.. Wife was going to come but couldn't get anyone to look after the 8 month old! Her family are all going to be sitting in the Cardiff end

I'll be there tomorrow on my 20 minute pilgrimage into Cardiff after a years break from going to the city stadium.

It's my misses first ever game and to say she is a huge Cardiff fan is an understatement, both her and her family are CCfc mental. Her dad is on the security team there.

So I'll be dawning the plain clothes tomorrow as I will be sat in enemy territory!.

There is still a lot of hate for tan and rife rumours of a back to blue swap that still hasn't come to fruition.

Fans are angry about the sale of mark Hudson who apparently found out he was being sold 3 days before the window closed.

Also the away kit now being blue with the red badge isn't helping to get the dummy back in the mouths of the folk here,in fact after spending 18 quid on ccfc shorts forthe misses in the club shop in town,which believe it or not is cash only!!! Couldn't stop banging on about it. Although fair play full home and away kit shorts socks the works together is 60 seems like a bargain, not one I'll be investing in any time ever though.

My marriage could be on the rocks tomorrow and my relationship with her family might suffer too so in good sporting spirit I've said I hope Cardiff win as it's her first game, truth is I hope we absolutely smash them like Norwich did, I do expect if that happens though I'll be ignored for an extended period of time :( ha!

I took my wife to the match where we beat them 3-0 but she sat in the away end with me .. She loved it.. Her family did not

Same team as Saturday with vossen in for tomlin. As Cardiff are struggling right now, my prediction is we dominate the opening 87minutes and then lose to a scrappy goal in the 88th, 1-0 Cardiff.

Would be over the moon to be proven wrong though, cardiffs always a difficult place to go and get a result

----------------------------Dimi

----------------Omeruo---Ayala----Gibson

Fredericks-----Leadbitter-----Clayton-----Friend

---------------------------Tomlin

------------------Bamford---------Kike

Subs:

Blackman, Damia, Whitehead, Adomah, Nsue, Wildschut, Vossen

I reckon it will be 1-1 and one of the CB's will score our goal from a corner.