• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think it's harsh to drop Reach at all, he offered nothing on Tuesday night, time to give another option a chance

Reach did an excellent job defensively. For a wide midfield player away from home that's imperative. He kept the ball and ran at players. To say offered nothing is sensationalist and wrong.

I'd start Reach and bring Wildschut off the bench as an impact sub to start. Having him and Vossen starting in the team would weaken us at present.

I don't think he's wrong at all, Reach rarely offers anything going forward in any game, every time i watch him, the only thing i can think is that he is a LB playing LW, theres no way an out and out attacking player would be as poor as him at beating a man, all he does is turn around when the fullback squares him up, he does his job defensively, but for me, I've said it before, thats not good enough to warrant a starting position.

When will people realise there is more to playing football than having the ball at your feet.

Probably when you realise that when you're playing as an attacker, you actually have to be able to attack and not just do a decent job defensively ;)

Dimi

Fred Ken Ben George

Dean

Lead Clayts

Tomlin

Kike and Bamford

I'd personally like us to go 2 up top and play with a 41212 diamond and mix it up a bit

Adomah is one of our best attacking outlets. I think it would be a mistake to drop him.

I like your team, but I don't think bringing in Whitehead for a home game potentially like this is the right move...I think we need wide players to help drag the defence around the pitch.

I wouldn't start Wildschut and I also wouldn't drop AA. AA had his best game of the season on Tuesday, it would deflate him massively. I would wait to see if we go 1-0 up and Brentford start chasing the game. There is little point in starting a lightning quick winger, when there is no room for him to run into.

But that's my opinion, ill probably be proven wrong by AK now on both accounts!

I don't think it's harsh to drop Reach at all, he offered nothing on Tuesday night, time to give another option a chance

Reach did an excellent job defensively. For a wide midfield player away from home that's imperative. He kept the ball and ran at players. To say offered nothing is sensationalist and wrong.

I'd start Reach and bring Wildschut off the bench as an impact sub to start. Having him and Vossen starting in the team would weaken us at present.

I don't think he's wrong at all, Reach rarely offers anything going forward in any game, every time i watch him, the only thing i can think is that he is a LB playing LW, theres no way an out and out attacking player would be as poor as him at beating a man, all he does is turn around when the fullback squares him up, he does his job defensively, but for me, I've said it before, thats not good enough to warrant a starting position.

When will people realise there is more to playing football than having the ball at your feet.

Probably when you realise that when you're playing as an attacker, you actually have to be able to attack and not just do a decent job defensively ;)

Ouch :)

I agree that reach gives 100% defensively but IMO his #1 job should be attacking. He's playing a winger so be a winger. I think it unbalances our attacking options. It's abit like the Mowbray days of playing Taylor LM

The problem is that in Vossen, Kike and Bamford we have strikers who want the ball played to their feet. At the moment the only person delivering crosses to them is Adomah. I do like Reach's enthusiasm and his back tracking but as our left winger he needs to do the wingers job. Most teams have us figured out on that left hand side and that's because Reach is far too predictable, usually ending up passing to someone else because he can't get passed his man and his cross delivery is poor. We're stronger defensively when he's in the side but at home, we need to be looking to attack.

We should win this one, however when we expect a win we usually come unstuck. I think AK will freshen things up a little, maybe make 2 to 4 changes. Two will be enforced Diama injured and i think i read Ayala suspended. We have a number of attacking options (which is great to be able to say this), so potentially a couple of changes in these area's. I think there some harsh comments about Reach, the lad has improved and will improve with the more game time he gets. He isn't the finished article but negativity towards him is unjust in my opinion. He has performed well and puts in a real team performance.

I will go for 2-0 Boro win Kike and Vossen

Baring in mind we have Liverpool on Tuesday, I think we may line up something like...

. dimi

Nsue Woodgate omeruo friend

. leadbitter clayton

Adomah kike reach

. bamford

The league is more important than the cup. I think it would be a mistake to drop Kike and Vossen needs game time playing alongside Kike. Having said that I'd really like Bamford to feature, he's got a lovely touch.

Baring in mind we have Liverpool on Tuesday, I think we may line up something like...

. dimi

. leadbitter clayton

Adomah kike reach

. bamford

The league is more important than the cup. I think it would be a mistake to drop Kike and Vossen needs game time playing alongside Kike. Having said that I'd really like Bamford to feature, he's got a lovely touch.

This season we really could do with getting knocked out both cups asap, Without picking up any injury's.

I just want the players fully focused on getting us out of the Championship.

IMO the cups will hinder our chances of getting promoted, 2 reasons for that.

1. Midweek cup games means less preparation for the impotent league games with 3 points at steak.

2.Inevitable injury's in the cup games, If we are not in the cup they is no chance of picking up injury's. Yes a player can pick up an injury in training but its about minimizing the chance of injury.

I think this season could be the best chance for a long time to get promoted

so I am hoping for early cup exits without injury.

. dimi

. leadbitter clayton

Adomah kike reach

. bamford

I agree, leagues the priority but think on Tuesday if we changed the whole team we could still field...

Blackman

Fredricks Ayala Gibson husband

Whitehead Morris

Wilshut Tomlin williams

Vossen

Except he was playing in a 442. That requires he defends and attacks in equal measures. Quite obviously.

. dimi

. leadbitter clayton

Adomah kike reach

. bamford

This season we really could do with getting knocked out both cups asap, Without picking up any injury's.

I just want the players fully focused on getting us out of the Championship.

IMO the cups will hinder our chances of getting promoted, 2 reasons for that.

1. Midweek cup games means less preparation for the impotent league games with 3 points at steak.

2.Inevitable injury's in the cup games, If we are not in the cup they is no chance of picking up injury's. Yes a player can pick up an injury in training but its about minimizing the chance of injury.

I think this season could be the best chance for a long time to get promoted

so I am hoping for early cup exits without injury.

That's why playing Liverpool away is the perfect fixture, big game, TV revenue and no shame if we lose