Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------------Dimi---------------------

Fredericks----Omeruo--Gibson--------Friend

------------Clayton----------Grant------------

Adomah----------------------------------Tomlin

---------------Vossen---------------------------

----------------------------Kike-----------------

Hope to see a 2-0 Boro win with Wildschut hopefully getting some minutes against tiring legs. Think Vossen could do with some game time to get used to playing with the team and in the championship. I like Tomlin and I think he could do a job wide left as he'll have more freedom to try to dribble past players and cut inside. Think he could be more effective there as it's also a position that he'll find some more space in. Would it be a bit harsh to drop Reach after he put a real shift in against Cardiff? Possibly, but equally I feel we need to pick the strongest team possible for each league match and at home we need the creativity of Tomlin to be able to unlock defences.

I'd actually quite like to see adomah Kike Bamford and Wildebeast across the front. would be good seeing kike with someone to play really close to him.

Vossen didn't look match fit so a break would be good.

maybe loose out in midfield but if they put in the same effort as we did against Cardiff then we'll be on to a winner

2 strikers at home surely! and Fredericks at right back! Nsue is a make shift right back, lets play people in their true positions.

Think we are going OK now, one day we will convert chances, if we do someone will get a hiding! Brentford?

I think Reach has done a very good job for the team, I no opinion is divided but that left side is looking pretty solid, fair play to the lad, has my vote for an extended run in the team.

UTB!

I hope we set up a bit more offensively on Saturday. I don't know much about Brentford but I guess they will sit back and we will have to break them down whilst being wary of a quick counter.

So I would like to see the following with width from the full backs and dean sitting

Dimi

Fredericks Omeruo Gibson Friend

Whitehead

Leadbitter Clayton

Tomlin

Vossen Kike

Apparently AK has confirmed that Fredericks plays Saturday.

Yes he did

@Boro: AK also confirmed that Ryan Fredericks will step in to make his debut against Brentford on Saturday.

Brentford seem like a decent side...don't see them turning up and parking the bus. Think they will have a go at us. Despite that, I'm fairly optimistic we'll win...though obviously we'll do it the hard way.

Expect Brentford to catch us with an early goal. Once we've got over the disappointment of conceding, we'll get our act together and score at least a couple, possibly 3. At least 1 will be a penalty (can't remember the last season we had so many).

Pastor's Prediction: Boro 3 - 1 Brentford

Vossen played up front with Kike. You're not suggesting we played 424 surely? Maybe it was a flexible 442, but Reach and Adomah had defensive duties out wide, that goes without saying.

We had different shapes in and out of play.

First half we played a 4-2-3-1 in possession and a 4-3-3 out of posession, adomah vossen and kike being the 3 forward with reach tucking in midfield, this meant we pressed the ball high up the pitch and forced them to play the ball into the 3 cm's we had deployed, hence why we won the ball in the center the majority of the time.

Second half i wasn't really paying that much attention to be honest, i was doing other things whilst watching the game.

I think we may see a couple of changes, it's been a busy week so I think we'll see a team of:

Dimi

Fredricks Omerou Gibson Friend

Whitehead

Clayton Leadbitter

Tomlin

Kike Bamford

Personally I'd start Vossen but have a feeling that starting another game may be too much. Hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see him start. If it was down to me I'd play a 4-4-2, with Adomah and Wildschut wide, Vossen and Kike up top. Slightly harsh on Reach but it depends on how AK is looking at treating the Liverpool game. He may use it to rest players or use it to give some of the bigger names in the squad a feel of PL football. This is your aim to play in places like this each week etc. Again probably totally wrong but never mind!

It's great that we can actually have discussion on starting 11s & formations again. Whichever team he goes with I think with this squad we'll have enough to beat Brentford. They are a good footballing team from what I hear, which will suit us rather than coming up against a team who will shut up shop.

I'm going to go with 3-0 Boro, Bamford to get his first goal, from the bench or otherwise!

Humpty, sometimes you need to concede defeat. You're really knowledgable, no doubting that - you're just too stubborn sometimes.

I was at the game, and I can tell you that it was a 4-2-3-1. Adomah and Reach were playing further forward than Leadbitter and Clayton - obviously they tracked back, that's their secondary job.

It was a flexible formation I can agree to that and when Tomlin came on we certainly reverted to the more Karanka orthodox shape.

Principally Reach had more defensive responsibility than he's had in the past few games, which was my point.