oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 0-0

Big shout out to BoroDane his brother, Treknut and his daughter, Boro Badger and his brother, AnglianRed and Boroboy84 for making it a more enjoyable afternoon

One of the highlights of the day was being introduced to the inimitable BoroBadger, whose matchday threads and general banter have kept me amused on here for many an hour, as well as a couple of other forumites whose names now escape me...memory like a sieve I'm afraid.

Thanks all for an awesome afternoon! Well done Downsouth for rounding all the troops. Was great to meet BoroBoy84, BoroDane and brother, Treknut and daughter and AnglianRed too. And I think I bumped into Becks yellow vest at some point? We definitely rocked the upper tier at the away end.

I thought it was all set for Leadbittinho to steel a winner at the end, but alas not to be!

Clayton and Omeru were immense. Really impressed by Nsue too.

Pre-match Balti Pie wasn't too bad either.

UTB!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The Charlton match really underlined what happens when you play 2 hours of football on a Tuesday against a team like Liverpool, followed by the strain of a marathon penalty shoot-out, and then play again only 4 days later: lapses of concentration, the odd sloppy pass too many and a reluctance to chase down balls. This was particularly so in the second half when we started to fade and were lucky to come away with a point.

I for one am very glad that we're out of the Capital One Cup. Frankly I hope the same, or at least similar, happens with the FA Cup too. Let other teams tire themselves out fitting cup matches into a busy league schedule - there'll be plenty of time for that after we get promoted.

Just watched the FL show and i dont think adomah can have any complaints about the second yellow

It's a tricky one IMO.

The Charlton player has his leg stretched and as high (if not higher) than Adomah's. I assume that is what the referee thought as well initially.

CdJigpS.png

But... I suppose it's not wrong to give Adomah a yellow one. A bit harsh given the situation maybe.

It was a weird decision I have to say. I remember when the tackle was made I though AA could be in trouble. Then the ref pointed for a free kick in our favour. Moments later, we have the red! Strange to say the least.

Honestly, it was a bad tackle from both players. Equally. The replays and photos confirm that in my opinion. Both have their feet high and both have momentum going into the challenge.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Both seeing yellow would perhaps be fair, in which case AA is off anyway. We have the draw, which I think really is what we wanted (though we survived some late pressure alongside a bit of luck as a result to get there). And AA may well have been rested in the next match regardless. No biggie.

regarding the sending off i think 2plus2 is pretty much spot on so i wont divulge further on that .

excellent support again and to those who made the trip ..top marks .

now the game... which i watched via a stream but can only comment on the second half as i was travelling back during the first.

On paper and with the expectations we have regarding promotion or play offs and taking into account Charltons past few seasons it was definately one of the fixtures id have hoped for a win , but allowing for what transpired with the sending off , Meeting Charlton in what will probably be one of thier best runs of form during the season and also having come immediately after the epic cup display . im happy enough to take the draw.

Charlton for me are the championship equivelent of Sunderland in the premier .in that if you are unfortunate enough to face them in thier purple patch (as we did) its a very difficult game , but you also know pretty much for certain that theyre going to have a horrendous run at some stage and its all about the luck of the draw as to when you actually come face to face with them

this time round the timing of the fixture wasnt in our favour.

again as stated before , i can only comment on the second period but i thought our defence was excellent and dimi assured when the small amount actually got through to him , In the centre third ,,,Clayton especially i thought we were by far the better of the teams . but the top third of the pitch we were just not incisive enough and didnt exert ourselves on thier six yard box anywhere near enough.

all in all though a good point given the circumstances .