oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 0-0

The Boro of old would lose this game but under Karanka things are different, would be a fantastic result to win this one.

To all those going from this forum, sing your hearts out boys, enjoy the day and hopefully a cracking result.

UTB!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very nice words by the Charlton fans. Seems like we are really getting noticed and so is Karanka as a manager. It's a tough game at a tough team who are unbeaten but I suspect karanka will shuffle around and have the players on their toes. Should be a decent match between two teams with confidence.

It'll be interesting to line up against Bikey. Let hope it's the bikey who we all know is suspect to a number of errors and rash decisions. Not much speed between him and Bem Haim at the back so we should definately try to exploit that and run at them instead of picking a fight. If tomlin is fit I suspect a penalty with his quick feet against bikey.

EG's probable teams

line-up.jpg

I think we'll see more than 2 changes from the team on Tuesday. Gibson, Nsue and Wildschut will probably start. I'd like Bamford to start in the next 2 home games

EG's probable teams

line-up.jpg

still dont thik Vossen is a 100% match fit so will probably find him on the bench... think its harsh to drop Tomlin but wouldnt be upset to see bamford Start..... Only other change is that big ken needs a wake up/ Gypsies warning after some of his decision making on tuesday

EG's probable teams

line-up.jpg

still dont thik Vossen is a 100% match fit so will probably find him on the bench... think its harsh to drop Tomlin but wouldnt be upset to see bamford Start..... Only other change is that big ken needs a wake up/ Gypsies warning after some of his decision making on tuesday

How about

-------------Dimi

fredericks-ayala-gibson-friend

--leadbitter--morris--clayton---

-----vossen---tomlin------

----------Kike

Narrow to be sure, but we'll boss the middle and with the movement of tomlin and vossen we'll cause them problems

plus if it needs to open up bringing a couple of wide players on would be relatively easy and bring some difficulties for the tired legs of bikey

There's no way I'd look to change our away formation. It's been successful this season and for a good chunk of the last. Doesn't make any sense to me to try and change it now. Also wouldn't go throwing in youth players. Leadbitter and Clayton have had plenty of time to recover. We can make some changes and rest a few when we basically go 4-4-2 at home - good case to start the likes of Husband, Bamford, Nsue, Wildschut, etc then. Kike is also clearly the best option to lead the line on the road, Adomah is on fire and Reach's defensive quality are particularly useful in a game like this. Plus Dimi is by far our most reliable keeper.

--------------------- Dimi ---------------------

- Freddy - Omeruo - Gibson/Ayala - Friend -

------------- Leadbitter - Clayton -------------

-- Adomah ---- Vossen/Tomlin ---- Reach --

--------------------- Kike ----------------------

I fully expect to see something of that ilk.

I'd rather we rested players against Blackpool if possible. I don't think it's too arrogant to say we should beat them.

Any half decent eleven we could put out should do the job and we can still have players on the bench for if it doesn't go to plan.

I think Adomah will be rested, with Nsue coming in. Reach will probably be tired from Tuesday night too so I wouldn't be too surprised to see him rested, with someone like Wildschut coming in. I'd like to see Kike and Bamford start in our striker and #10 roles.

If Clayton or Leadbitter pick up an injury/red card during the game then we will probably have to patch the team up for the rest of the game. Then maybe even try to sign a CM on an emergency loan like Lewis Baker in time for when we play Blackpool on Tuesday.

I'd probably settle for a draw as it would be a steady result ahead of two home games against the bottom two teams in the league, which if we pick up 7 points we will probably be in the automatic promotion positions. I'm keeping my feet on the ground though as we're only 8 league games into the season.