oneBoro Forum

Boro V Liverpool (A) League Cup 2-2 13-14 Penalties

Liverpool v Middlesbrough  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Liverpool v Middlesbrough

Tweeted Nandos saying:@NandosUK I had to watch my team lose to Liverpool last night after a 30 penalty shootout. Sympathy chicken? :(

To which they replied:@jlholmes27 To be honest, you kinda deserve some #NandosLove after that. Check your Nando's Card for a little consolation prize.

Wasn't too upset after the heroic performance last night but free chicken softens the blow just that bit more!

Wow thats awesome haha.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

This has all probably been covered 100 hundred times but I just want to add my appreciation for the boro last night, really did us proud. I was at the game and I've got to say the fans played a blinder, just amazing.

I hope we can kick on now and get promoted, Steve Gibson deserves it.

I've had a bit of a rough day today as I got home at 2:45 and my alarm for work went off at 4:30 (I start work at 6am). It was so so worth it though. I'm just finishing up my match report but thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread properly. There have been great contributions and it's lovely to read such pride in our team. :)

Some matches just surpass expectations. You go to these games hoping for a decent showing from the team, not really expecting to get anything from it. It's often a case of a good trip out and a good sing song, knowing full well things probably aren't going to go your way.

Liverpool are a great team. They are a team who came second in the Premier League last season and they play Champions League football. Yesterday they fielded a very strong side packed with domestic and international experience. They'll say it was weakened but all of those players would walk into most Premier League sides.

And they were utterly matched by our little team from the Championship.

We're not through to the next round of the cup but I don't know a single fan who isn't happy today. Those lads gave absolutely everything they had yesterday and when that had left them, they still fought for every ball with sheer dogged power of determination.

I've experienced defeat many times as a Boro fan, haven't we all. Sometimes we don't deserve it (Leeds). Sometimes we fully deserve it (Sheff Wed). I've never experienced anything like this though. I left that match feeling as though we'd won.

There have been some great Middlesbrough sides over the years (I'm 29 and have been going to games since I was 7) but it's been a really long time since I can remember seeing a squad that are so united and together. Bamford missed the first penalty (of the shootout) and everyone ran over to comfort and reassure him. Adomah was greeted with the exact same thing. This is a team that win and lose together.

They walked off with their heads held high knowing they'd done everything they could and more. The end was a really special moment between supporter and team. It was an acknowledgement that the supporters and players had both given everything they had and were proud of each other for it.

I guess it's not really been much of a football report. It's hard to rate the players because they all deserve a 10. All of them. They didn't just battle and try hard, they also showcased the kinds of stuff we can do. I can't pick out a single player because they all deserve MOTM.

In his post-match interview, Karanka's voice was so full of pride. He should also be proud of himself. This team is something special and it's one that he's created. Not just through buying players and picking formations but by creating a mentality and togetherness we thought had long left this club.

Left the ground to the song 'Boro till I die'. Fitting and so very utterly true.

I've had a bit of a rough day today as I got home at 2:45 and my alarm for work went off at 4:30 (I start work at 6am). It was so so worth it though. I'm just finishing up my match report but thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread properly. There have been great contributions and it's lovely to read such pride in our team. :)

Some matches just surpass expectations. You go to these games hoping for a decent showing from the team, not really expecting to get anything from it. It's often a case of a good trip out and a good sing song, knowing full well things probably aren't going to go your way.

Liverpool are a great team. They are a team who came second in the Premier League last season and they play Champions League football. Yesterday they fielded a very strong side packed with domestic and international experience. They'll say it was weakened but all of those players would walk into most Premier League sides.

And they were utterly matched by our little team from the Championship.

We're not through to the next round of the cup but I don't know a single fan who isn't happy today. Those lads gave absolutely everything they had yesterday and when that had left them, they still fought for every ball with sheer dogged power of determination.

I've experienced defeat many times as a Boro fan, haven't we all. Sometimes we don't deserve it (Leeds). Sometimes we fully deserve it (Sheff Wed). I've never experienced anything like this though. I left that match feeling as though we'd won.

There have been some great Middlesbrough sides over the years (I'm 29 and have been going to games since I was 7) but it's been a really long time since I can remember seeing a squad that are so united and together. Bamford missed the first penalty (of the shootout) and everyone ran over to comfort and reassure him. Adomah was greeted with the exact same thing. This is a team that win and lose together.

They walked off with their heads held high knowing they'd done everything they could and more. The end was a really special moment between supporter and team. It was an acknowledgement that the supporters and players had both given everything they had and were proud of each other for it.

I guess it's not really been much of a football report. It's hard to rate the players because they all deserve a 10. All of them. They didn't just battle and try hard, they also showcased the kinds of stuff we can do. I can't pick out a single player because they all deserve MOTM.

In his post-match interview, Karanka's voice was so full of pride. He should also be proud of himself. This team is something special and it's one that he's created. Not just through buying players and picking formations but by creating a mentality and togetherness we thought had long left this club.

Left the ground to the song 'Boro till I die'. Fitting and so very utterly true.

Lovely read red rocket, sounds like those that made the trip have had a unique experience they will never forget! I believe this connection within the whole club, from players to supporters, is what's going to make us this season. UTB :)

Just in case people didn't see it, here is Lee Tomlin, being impressed with Lee Tomlin:

http://instagram.com/p/tWHwn-sTkg/

That chance really highlighted to me the difference between this Boro side and other recent ones. We had a midfielder busting a gut to get into the box and we had a player with the attacking nouse to play an imaginative ball to pick him out. We just seem to have that spark that has been missing for a good few seasons.

That and the fact that we were so comfortable to allow Liverpool to have the ball and had the confidence in our defence. Again not seen a Boro side defend like this in ages!