oneBoro Forum

Boro V Liverpool (A) League Cup 2-2 13-14 Penalties

Liverpool v Middlesbrough  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Liverpool v Middlesbrough

I can understand people's view on resting some players.... But come on, which one of the players is going to want to miss out on the chance of playing Liverpool! Think it will be difficult for Aitor to do that for this game. And I think our squad is good enough to give both the cup and the league a good go. I say Go there with our big guns :)

Mind you, would like to see Blackman in action this game. Guess we will all know what Aitor is thinking tomorrow evening!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Does whiteheads suspension apply to this game? Even if it doesn't if be worried about hi getting torn to bits if he's on his own against some like countinho

Consensus seems to be that he's available.

I think everyone will be craving to play. As Bamford mentioned in an interview, not every player gets the chance to play at Anfield.

I'd personally like to have Vossen on for this game. I think he'd be more than pumped to show his potential and this will definitely be the game to show it.

I'd also put Leadbitter on so he can score another whatever no big deal-goal.

I would not like us to play a fringe or young player from start (apart from the established ones). It could potentially have the opposite effect if we got thrashed completely. So - Put on the strongest ***ing team we can and let's have a go at L'Pool! This could seriously kick start our season. Or.. boost it, or whatever. I suppose it's kick-started already.

Does whiteheads suspension apply to this game? Even if it doesn't if be worried about hi getting torn to bits if he's on his own against some like countinho

Consensus seems to be that he's available.

He's not available. He misses Liverpool, Charlton and Blackpool.

FA website has his ban ending 30th September.

We have to play our best 11, it's a one-off game against Liverpool, for goodness sake. The players and fans will be up for it, let's not disrespect the cup or the opposition just for the chance of winning a game 4 days later. Injuries can happen in training or in Champo matches.

If we lose at Liverpool, we are out of the cup, lose at Charlton and we still have another 37 games in the league, let's go for it.

need to tackle this game as almost a preseason, playing against better opposition so that wen we come up against championship we'll be in a better position. Loose and this wont affect the players mindset, win and we'll be on a high

Oh now that is a pity about Woodgate but will speak my mind on this and state that it seems we have a "wasted space" (without anything detrimental meaning to the player) and perhaps could have utilised someone else instead of Woody.

Signs of things to come regarding lack of appearences

I did say before the season started that it was maybe time for him to hang up his boots so we could look to the future but people argued that he should be our first choice defender if fit.....how many games has he played this season? :D

Getting more and more confident about this. I know far too many liverpool fans... I'll get tortured if they beat us.

Think and hope that we will line up with out best possible lineup. Dont think karanka will suddenly switch to a diamond though. Unless they've been practicing it in training for a while anyway.