oneBoro Forum

Boro V Liverpool (A) League Cup 2-2 13-14 Penalties

Liverpool v Middlesbrough  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Liverpool v Middlesbrough

Getting more and more confident about this. I know far too many liverpool fans... I'll get tortured if they beat us.

Think and hope that we will line up with out best possible lineup. Dont think karanka will suddenly switch to a diamond though. Unless they've been practicing it in training for a while anyway.

Why will you get tortured? They just failed to win the Premiership last season and we finished in Championship mid table - they have a squad full of top class internationals and we have mostly journeymen.

You could rip them to pieces if we win, but it isn't embarrassing to be beaten by a team a division higher than you.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Looking forward to this game. Its a great chance to watch the Boro with no added pressure. Don't need to think about 3 points etc. I would love a win as its great for confidence but think we'll get beat. Just hoping for a decent performance and not to get turned over.

Getting more and more confident about this. I know far too many liverpool fans... I'll get tortured if they beat us.

Think and hope that we will line up with out best possible lineup. Dont think karanka will suddenly switch to a diamond though. Unless they've been practicing it in training for a while anyway.

Why will you get tortured? They just failed to win the Premiership last season and we finished in Championship mid table - they have a squad full of top class internationals and we have mostly journeymen.

You could rip them to pieces if we win, but it isn't embarrassing to be beaten by a team a division higher than you.

Yeah. But friends aren't rational like that are they :p

Plus I may go on quite a lot about the fact that we beat them 2-0 the last time we played them...

Plus I may have been a teeny weeny bit cocky this week about our chances...

Can't see a Boro win despite our upturn in form. They had around 62% possession against West Ham away, despite losing. I don't think we can soak up that much pressure and we will lose 3-1. Our players will however, be bang up for this as it's not everyday you get to play against a Champions League team. Will be great to get more out of the game, but I'm sure the traveling fans will be happy to celebrate a goal down there.

Can't see a shock happening, but there have already been a few in the competition.

I'm not overly excited about tomorrow. Yes, it will be nice to see us shape up against premiership opponents again, but it's all about the championship this year. Better to completely focus on that challenge. I'm hoping for no injuries or silly suspensions tomorrow, and for a rotation of last Saturdays team, as Charlton is a much much bigger game this weekend than Liverpool.

3-1 to Liverpool is my prediction and I think this should be our lineup:

Blackman

Fredericks Ayala Gibson Husband

Leadbitter Clayton

Adomah Tomlin Wildschut

Kike

I'm bunking off college to go to this. I'm excited about it, but given the choice I'd rather us do well in the league, then have a cup run.

I'd second T-CIDER's team +/- the odd Jelle Vossen :P