oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackpool 1-1

Well that was poor.

How poor is Reach's crossing... he couldnt get past McMahon and when he did, it was the same poor lofted ball to the back post that was overhit.

Ledesma was out of place in that formation and narrowing our space by wanting to play inside all the time.

Im not convinced by Bamford and Kike as a pair. I cannot remember either of them passing to each .

Clayton was a big loss and because we had to move Tomlin, we lost him too.

Positive - Husband I thought looked decent, as did Fredericks again.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

After the heroics of Anfield I always felt these two games were going to be a big ask. The longer we go without getting defeated, the bigger a scalp we will be. Remember anyone in this division can beat anyone else.

I would have liked 4 points from these two games, especially given the lower placement of the opposition. I think however, we always will raise our game for the bigger teams - remember what AK said, complacency is our biggest enemy this season.

Not our best performance but most people thought that Blackpool would be a walkover and they clearly had other plans. We didn't lose and we picked up a point. We will have people coming back from injuries and suspensions, so frankly I see no reason to worry.

Bamford and kike doesn't work at all. It was poor at Charlton and downright *** tonight. Hopefully vossen is ready soon because one of them needs to be dropped.

So does Tomlin tbh. Apart from his game against Preston he's done f*** all

That's really a game where we should pick up 3 pts. At home to bottom of the league. I know its a league where anyone can beat anyone and getting points on the board consistently is the way to go up, but when 3 pts are up for grabs you have to take them.

We should have blown them away. They got alot of men behind the ball and broke decently, but we didn't do enough with the ball in dangerous areas. And for gods sake can Kike and Bamford please pass to one another?!

Ledesma and Reach should have been off at half time. I like both of them, and Reach has been very good lately, but this game was not for them. Tactically we should have had Nsue and Wildschut on in my books. Not saying it was wrong from the beginning because we started well, but as the game went on it wasn't the right fit.

Alright rant over. Massively frustrated again with us. We've got no-one to blame today but ourselves today though, it was there for the taking.

It's the same old same old every season. We just can't seem to break teams down at home. We are not going anywhere unless we sort out our home form. We've already dropped 8 points at home that is just not good enough

Such a bunch of moaners. Christ.

It's a poor result, yes. And many of us felt that we might run away with it, or at least find a way. But we had a hell of a lot of injuries, we're still 3 points off top and you're not always going to win the 'easy' games. We take a point and move on. Plus look incredibly healthy in terms of league position/points. Beat Fulham and a four point haul from 2 at home isn't so bad.

That's 5 unbeaten league games in September. 11 points. And a cracking performance against Liverpool to boot. What a month!

Disappointing day. But be fair people!