oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackpool 1-1

Under vital statistics, 4th paragraph... Is there still a chance Vossen plays?.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/?matchid=3734069&tcmuri=1651311

I'm guessing Vossen will be on the bench for this one by the looks of it, good spot!

Hope I'm wrong, but this could have been written up earlier today or yesterday, while the Gazette mentioned that AK said directly that Vossen wouldn't play. I'd be surprised to see him.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting a tough game, far harder than league positions and our form would suggest. We're carrying loads of important injuries and suspensions at the moment so I'm a bit concerned about us struggling to perform.

In particular I'm concerned about how we will cope without Adomah's pace and decent end product, so Nsue and whoever plays on the opposite wing, Reach, Ledesma or Wildschut, could struggle to stretch Blackpool's defence. Especially whilst Carayol is still out for a few more months.

I don't think we'll fail to dominate possession and chances. Just a matter of whether or not we put them away and how well we deal with Blackpool on the break. If they sneak a goal, sit back and we can't break them down, then obviously it could be a difficult day. That said, they're poor. It's a tough league whoever you play, but this is one of the few games in the Championship where we really shouldn't fail to post anything but a win.

But I would take a scrappy victory. As always.

I'm expecting a tough game, far harder than league positions and our form would suggest. We're carrying loads of important injuries and suspensions at the moment so I'm a bit concerned about us struggling to perform.

In particular I'm concerned about how we will cope without Adomah's pace and decent end product, so Nsue and whoever plays on the opposite wing, Reach, Ledesma or Wildschut, could struggle to stretch Blackpool's defence. Especially whilst Carayol is still out for a few more months.

I'm sure they will make a fist of it.

However, you are picking out every negative thing that you can think of and it's not on.

to be fair in the short time he has been at the club nsue looks like he has the best end product of all our wingers.

Adomah has been very hit and miss this season and could have been rested anyway

Yeah I am picking out negatives like, I think I'm trying to be cautious and not get carried away thinking we're brilliant, only to be disappointed if we put in a typical Boro performance.

I agree about Nsue. Against Brentford he looked like he had a great mix of speed, end product and intelligence.

^

This is one of the reasons why we are not getting decent crowds at The Riverside, cautious, uncalled for negativity.

We have got very good team if you did but know it.

I think you've took his comments a little too personally fella, people don't have to be soaked in optimism going into matches, if he feels we are lacking a little out wide and is concerned then let him be concerned, it really doesn't effect you. You can be as positive or as negative as you want going into matches, just because your positive doesn't mean his negativity is "uncalled for" or "not on". Don't take peoples opinions to heart mate.

I'm going for 3-0 tomorrow, even without Adomah, i think we'll just have far too much for them.

^

This is one of the reasons why we are not getting decent crowds at The Riverside, cautious, uncalled for negativity.

I think you will find the reason we aren't getting decent crowds is because on the pitch we haven't been particularly great, for a sustained period since relegation. Nothing to do with cautious, uncalled for negativity at the Riverside.

I'm one of the daft lot that keeps turning up, being supportive, when we've been struggling in the past few years, so I think you would be best off targeting your criticism elsewhere.

Yes we have a very good team(when all available), but as I said above, we have loads of important players injured and suspended at the moment. It's not negativity, it's the truth.

First home game of the season that I'm managing to get to, not been around for any other the others.

I'm hoping for a moreorganised formation than charltons for a start I see nsue being the direct replacement for adomah and freddy being at right back again. I can't see two up front, at least initially. this may work out in the 2nd half though.

bamford to start with tomlin behind, and I can see wildeshut starting over reach also.

^

I think you will find the reason we aren't getting decent crowds is because on the pitch we haven't been particularly great, for a sustained period since relegation. Nothing to do with cautious, uncalled for negativity at the Riverside.

I'm one of the daft lot that keeps turning up, being supportive, when we've been struggling in the past few years, so I think you would be best off targeting your criticism elsewhere.

Yes we have a very good team(when all available), but as I said above, we have loads of important players injured and suspended at the moment. It's not negativity, it's the truth.

I have to disagree with this point.

Apart from Adomah and Vossen, I don't think any of the remaining injured players could be classed as important.

Rhys Williams hasn't been a good player since he hurt his ankle at Gillingham (2 years ago now - he has been a passenger/liability the entire rest of the time).

Whitehead is definitely 3rd choice out of the 3 CMs and rightly so. Obviously he adds depth and experience, but I wouldn't class him as important.

Muzzy - I like Muzzy, but it's not like we've all been sat here thinking 'we need Muzzy back' like we have done in previous years with players such as Rhys etc.

All the rest of what you have been saying I agree with to an extent. I think people are expecting us to steamroller Blackpool, which is a dangerous attitude to take and hopefully one that the players don't take.