oneBoro Forum

Boro v Fulham 2-0

Yes on behalf of the whole forum we wish you all the best BDS, let us know how things are going from time to time!

Not much interest in this game it seems or are we having too much Boro at the moment? normally I hate the I/B but this one has come at the right time imo!

Really do not have a clue to the result today but would not be surprised if the mini run of draws continues.

Is there any links today?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive game today before the International break.

We simply need to win because our home form is not good enough and there is no chance of getting the fans back to the Riverside with dodgy home form. The club should do some offers like a couple of seasons ago (Half price tickets/Buy one get one free) Lets get the Riverside bouncing.

This is a game we need to fly out the traps and score early, Fulham have the joint worst defense in the league and watching highlights of there games its understandable why, They have next to no defensive cover in midfield and there defense is all over the shop.

If we have the right players on the pitch today and the right mentality I think we will score at least 3 goals today.....Its time we got consistent at home with wins and there is no better opportunity against the joint worst defense in the league.

UTB.

I would start with this team today......

-------------------Dimi------------------

------------Omeruo----Gibson------------

-Fredericks--------------------Friend-----

----------Leadbitter---Clayton------------

--Adomah--------Vossen---------Nsue----

-------------------Kike------------------

I think AK will start with this team......

-------------------Dimi--------------------

------------Omeruo----Ayala--------------

-Fredericks-------------------Friend-------

---------Leadbitter---Whitehead-----------

--Adomah---------Tomlin---------Reach----

-------------------Kike--------------------

Don't have a good feeling about today's game Fulham are a good side and I knew it was a matter of time before they started picking up. And for me they will end up in the play offs this season and could even come very close to automatic promotion . Hopefully Vossen is back ? I would play him with Kike , get Adomah back in the team and maybe give wildschut and a chance from the start . I'll go for 2-2

Whenever I used to watch Peterborough I thought Tomlin and George Boyd were fantastic players especially in that over-attacking system that Peterborough employed. In our system Tomlin doesnt seem to be fitting in quite so well. Whether thats because we arent as attacking so he is more isolated and there is less space for him to move into or whether the other attacking players just dont link with his style, the fact of it is he doesnt seem to be putting in whole, consistent performances. I know most of our team arent but as one of our more talented attacking players (arguably the most talented player we have with the ball) I have expected more from him that the odd flash, a decent cup game and a good subsitute apperance. If we can find out how to play to his strengths I think we will win more points at home.

Whenever I used to watch Peterborough I thought Tomlin and George Boyd were fantastic players especially in that over-attacking system that Peterborough employed. In our system Tomlin doesnt seem to be fitting in quite so well. Whether thats because we arent as attacking so he is more isolated and there is less space for him to move into or whether the other attacking players just dont link with his style, the fact of it is he doesnt seem to be putting in whole, consistent performances. I know most of our team arent but as one of our more talented attacking players (arguably the most talented player we have with the ball) I have expected more from him that the odd flash, a decent cup game and a good subsitute apperance. If we can find out how to play to his strengths I think we will win more points at home.

good points made regarding Tomlin and i too recollect him being a very attack minded direct sort of player in Peterboro,s style (which unfortunately also yielded far too many goals) but most successful teams surely must blend thier players to suit the team rather than team to suit the player for long term benefits.

im sure we can allocate him further up field than hes tended to operate (maily due to circumstances ) to get a better performance than of late.

good points made regarding Tomlin and i too recollect him being a very attack minded direct sort of player in Peterboro,s style (which unfortunately also yielded far too many goals) but most successful teams surely must blend thier players to suit the team rather than team to suit the player for long term benefits.

im sure we can allocate him further up field than hes tended to operate (maily due to circumstances ) to get a better performance than of late.

We don't seen to give Tomlin the ball in the right position. He has to drop deep our go out wide to get the ball because we don't seem to like playing the ball to him when he's in the centre

Would like to see us win, but head says draw.

Apologies to all at Charlton, we were running very late and only got to the stadium 15 minutes before kick off, it's been hectic down here with me leaving for HMS Raleigh this Sunday!

I won't be on the forum much from now on guys, so everyone have a great couple of months - here's to Boro going on a barnstorming run whilst I'm away from it all!

Will drop in at christmas next I imagine! Ciao!

Good luck with it Ross.

All the best mate.

Let's hope Boro do you proud in your absence.

Id like to see Tomlin start today with Vossen ahead of him.

I think it's important that Kike and Bamford should learn that Tuesday's individual performances are not how we operate...ie we are a team.

Also I think Vossen and Tomlin could be very exciting together.

If also like to see Nsue and AA start out wide. I really like the bits of Nsue that I've seen and I think he is the best crosser at the club and like someone previously said, people like Vossen live off good service.

All the best BDS mate!

Tomlin hasn't set the league alight quite like I wanted/expected, but I do think that some are under-rating his contribution. He works his socks off and has played a lot of killer balls this season. Plus one or two stand out performances to boot.

That said, he does drop a little too deep for our system. And as a result our main striker is left a little isolated. For that very reason, I don't actually see Tomlin getting regular starts there unless we rest players or have injuries. Vossen will probably mostly start there in a slightly more advanced role, effectively leaving us with two up top or at least a genuine supporting striker in support of probably most regularly Kike. From what I've seen so far (albeit limited action for him thus far) he does have the attributes to play in that position. Vossen chases everything and I think his passing so far has been decent. Can he play regular killer balls, and is he wasted there? Maybe. Maybe not. But I think overall it might prove more effective for our system to play Vossen instead of Tomlin, especially with the wingers and box to box CMs we have.

Here's hoping today's team is the one most of us want...

Patrick Bamford ‏@Patrick_Bamford · now11 seconds ago

Good luck to the boys today! Gutted to miss out through illness ? 3 points before the break will do nicely! #UTB #boro

Wonder if Fewster or Williams will make the bench now? Or if this will mean Vossen/Kike doesn't start to give us a striker option on the bench.

Lee Tomlin was the best player on the pitch against Liverpool in my opinion.

So he can definitely do it.

Karanka likes him and Kike. But you would imagine once Vossen is up to speed he could oust him from the starting XI.

Let's hope for a win today whatever the team.

UTB