oneBoro Forum

Notes from the Prairie

Sporting KC was invited to the White House to visit the President on Wednesday. The articles and video will say it all. You might find this interesting. Ask me questions and I'll provide what details I can.

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/10/white-house-visit-marks-proud-milestone-usmnt-hopeful-dom-dwyer

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/10/president-obama-honors-sporting-kc-white-house

In the video where players and coach are interviewed, I've been the referee when the first two were playing youth soccer (football). The first is Matt Besler who is now anchoring the defense for the US National Team.

Note that Dom Dwyer was a product of Norwich development growing up in King's Lynn. I hadn't realized how seriously he's considering jumping citizenship to the US. At the moment, he's 2nd in MLS scoring.

Is he back in America with his wife or is she still over here?

I ask because as I've mentioned before I live just round the corner from him and I could of sworn I met his wife whilst walking my dog just last Sunday.

I hope he does well for them, he seems like a very nice guy and other than one slip of the thumb (see what I did there?) he seemed to interact with our fans admirably. Just a shame his time with us ended on a sour note.

I ask because as I've mentioned before I live just round the corner from him and I could of sworn I met his wife whilst walking my dog just last Sunday.

I hope he does well for them, he seems like a very nice guy and other than one slip of the thumb (see what I did there?) he seemed to interact with our fans admirably. Just a shame his time with us ended on a sour note.

Will, probably, you did meet her. How many American accents are there in your neck of the woods?

Will, probably, you did meet her. How many American accents are there in your neck of the woods?

Not many haha!!

hopefully the lad will have learned a lesson about spouting off about his employer on Twitter - would love to know what AK thought of it all.

Water under the bridge now, hope he is a good fit for Columbus Crew

Quite often the case when a player, Kamara, is signed by an outgoing manger, Mowbray, they never get their chance to bed in. To be fair to him a lot of the fans were rightly ticked off with his post that one time. Unfortunately he should have known how vehemently supportive the fans are of this club and it's chairman. Unlike our norther neighbors the club is the heart and soul of the community - I'm surprised Kei didn't realize that.

He seems like a nice fella, but unfortunately he was always going to be on borrowed time as soon as AK came in, given the competition for his place. Good luck to him, these things sometimes are doomed to fail from the beginning.