oneBoro Forum

Positives and negatives of the season so far?

What are the positives and negatives of the season so far?.

The positives could be anything from new signings impressing, Reach showing more promise this season or our spirited performance at Anfield.

The negatives could include Karanka's poor initial decision to have Meijas as our number 1, some signings not impressing or poor home attendances.

Discuss...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

pmards - apart from Meijas, which other signings have you been disappointed with just out of interest?

Positives

- We have an effective/organised way of playing and we are finally playing people (where possible) in their natural positions.

- I think that we genuinely have a very good coach on our hands and im impressed with him in every aspect, interviews, training, identifying positions in need of strengthening.

- I think the new 'core players' Omeruo, Clayton, Kike (I think Vossen will become one too) are massive upgrades on the players in those positions of last year.

- Actual options on the bench - we currently don't have a player that we chuck on every week regardless on the match situation - like Phil Stamp, Haroun and Main.

- As of yet, apart from Meijas and if i'm being very harsh, Wildschut, I have been impressed with all of our new signings to some extent. I think Nsue and Vossen in particular will become key players for us.

- Biggest one of all - we are being proven wrong in the 'Typical Boro' moments - holding on against Cardiff, scoring the winner against Huddersfield, grinding out at Charlton and stopping players like McCormack running riot on us.

Negatives

- The poor home defeats to Reading and Wednesday.

- Not having a 4th CM.

- 'That Blackpool game'

- A few early suspensions - Ayala, AA and Whitehead have all been suspended already.

Overall very happy Boro fan 9/10 on the happiness factor

The biggest positive for me is that Boro are getting their act together and showing no fear whatsoever irrespective of the opposition, we are a match for every other team in this division and we know that as a team and squad the Boro will improve.

The togetherness is tangible this season and to be honest I feel we are one of the "ones to watch" and one of the "teams to beat"

All around the country people are beginning to notice Boro in a positive way and sometimes it seems as if opposition fans hold us in a higher regard than some of our own fickle fans

Basically what Boksic and DS has said. We genuinly have a squad and not just a starting-11. I also find a massive positive in the way AK has admitted his mistake in playing Meijas which probably cost us a few points early on against Leeds and Wednesday. This squad is going to be up there come May.

i think a huge positive is we are playing a starting 11 to make the opposition think and not starting 11 to 'neutralise' the opposition. that use to frustrate me immensely.

i think a couple of disappointing home defeats and the blackpool game are my only concerns.

Positives:

Big squad all capable of a starting spot so the competition for places is greater that it has been for some time

The overall start to the season has been a good one

Genuine goal threats from several players

Solid defensively

AK and his back room staff and our tactics.

Negatives:

Crowds

Ticket prices

Blackpool performance

Diama's injury

Positives - Many of these have already been mentioned but oh well .

The signing of Kike has been great in my eyes ! When was the last time we had a genuine forward that caused defences real problems and scored goals it was probably the days of the Yak , Viduka and hasselbaink which is quite appalling really if we are honest.

Another one on the transfer front the swap of Butterfield for Clayton ! We now have a genuine first team starter who is really impressing rather than a bit part player and I think we certainly got the better deal .

Fredericks aswell he's a young lad who was here as cover for Damia and probably to a certain extent Nsue But Damia unfortunately got injured for a long time and he has come in and has been brilliant and for me has looked a player who is good enough for a promotion side and he has even kept Nsue out of the team at right back.

Away performances have been great that back to back win in 4 days against Cardiff and Huddetsfield have really kick started our season , a year or two back we would have came away with nothing from them games .

Karanka seems a great manager his subs always seem great and he knows what he is doing and really has assembled a great squad.

Negatives ;

Home form at times has been poor unfortunately when we have had such good away form defeats to Reading and Wednesday then the Blackpool draw just so frustrating !

Defeat to Leeds it's always hard to take .

Not seeing Wildschut get a chance but I genuinely think now that he just isn't good enough he has been here long enough now to have had a good game or at least a half under his belt instead it's been about just two sub appearances. Karanka sees him everyday and I just don't think he Is good enough . ( that one isn't really a negative I suppose )

Positive..... Our forward play has done fine up til now but will have a big improvement after the International break when Vossen is in the team, Up to now he hasn't been match fit and picked up an injury but in our next game and the rest of the season he should be ready.

I think the combination of Kike and Vossen is going to be magisterial.

positive has to be the team/ club/ fans new found togetherness

Attendances would say otherwise. In fact i'd say that was the biggest negative of this season. Despite all this investment and a winning team, followers of the club arent buying in to it. its a massive shame