oneBoro Forum

Final Fantasy VII

Yep, rewinding to a good point before disaster struck is a favourite tactic of mine, too. :D

I've been playing XCOM EW recently and it has an "Iron man" mode which has difficulty set to maximum and no saves! XCOM is known for its early game difficulty anyway, even on easy settings, so no saves is strictly for true-born men of iron... and masochists. :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I often had multiple saves of the same game on my memory card, just in case I messed up or missed a vital item (Huge Materia at North Corel springs to mind, back then there was no internet in my household and no way to figure out how to stop the damn train!)

One final thing I will say (because seriously, I could talk about this game all day) is make sure you master an 'ALL' materia as soon as you can. Then go to any shop and sell it. You'll see why :)

yep, i saw some of the comments as well, some people can be so jealous, i would class two years doing that as a waste of my time but this guy obviously loves both games so fair play to him it is a very very impressive achievement.

I've just picked up playing this again on steam off the back of finishing X.

It really is addicting, I closed it down the other night to realise it was 4am and I'd been playing for six hours straight.

Thanks for the tip on shortening battles too, Dell.

I made a start with it and it certainly seems more playable than other RPGs I have tried. I'll return to it after I have finished a little programming job which takes precedence for now.

And batmalan are you in IT? Your "(KIKÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ)" is just the sort of test that one programmer might present to another during the idiot proofing phase. I catered for any-case versions of "Kike", "(Kike)","-Kike" and similarly for "Garcia" but your "(KIKÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ)" threw me! It turned out to be very useful, however, because it somehow returned "Tomlin" which, in turn, revealed a bug related to Tomlin and Leeds FC -Tomlin might sometimes get called "Lee", right? ;)

Anyway, back to it... programming is still the best game ever invented. :D

• 1 year later...

Depends what your looking for in a game mate. By todays standards even the graphics through a high spec pc would look dated. The story line is brilliant tho, but you have to stick with it. Be prepared to spend alot of time running around getting into fights and building up your characters. This was the first ever RPG that truly gripped me. I must have spent 500+ hours playing this game, completed it 4/5 times, the first time being around 140 hours!!

Lots of different aspects to the game aswell, especially if you get all the materia, summons, weapons aswell as gold chocobo etc.

They need to remake it!!

If you like this, you'll probably like final fantasy 10 too.

Excited about the remake? I know I am

Depends what your looking for in a game mate. By todays standards even the graphics through a high spec pc would look dated. The story line is brilliant tho, but you have to stick with it. Be prepared to spend alot of time running around getting into fights and building up your characters. This was the first ever RPG that truly gripped me. I must have spent 500+ hours playing this game, completed it 4/5 times, the first time being around 140 hours!!

Lots of different aspects to the game aswell, especially if you get all the materia, summons, weapons aswell as gold chocobo etc.

They need to remake it!!

Started off excited, gone a bit "meh" about it since they announced it'll be episodic content. I get that they want to do the original justice but I can't help feel it's extorting the fans a bit.

SquareEnix continue to milk the FFVII cash cow for all it's worth and it's sad to see.

They need to remake it!!

Started off excited, gone a bit "meh" about it since they announced it'll be episodic content. I get that they want to do the original justice but I can't help feel it's extorting the fans a bit.

SquareEnix continue to milk the FFVII cash cow for all it's worth and it's sad to see.

Ye I am dissapointed with that too. Its the main reason I wont be getting Hitman. The desire to play VII will be too much for me and I'll buy it, relunctantly

• 3 years later...