• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing which has interested me this week is the new loan signing. Seems Aitor wants his as cover for Woodgate.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karanka-sees-versatile-serbian-7947660

I think its another decent signing, with him being able to play in the center of defense or as a holding midfielder to provide cover. I'm surprised it is being said that he will make the bench this week though.

To be honest I really think that maybe Boro and Woody should announce his retirement from professional football in terms of playing because we all know in our hearts that we have seen the last of his performances and that he will never be really fit enough to play more than the odd game or two, and to see him playing more than 2 games on the spin just is not going to happen.:-/

The new player seems to fit into Karanka's philosophy in that he will be a lot quicker than Woody and spped out of defence and moving forward quickly is what our Manager wants

Just realised that the four teams above us are all away from home and have tricky ties.

Cardiff-Forest

Wednesday-Watford

Reading-Derby

Fulham-Norwich

A win at the Amex could easily put us into the auto spots. That would be pretty good weekend!

Was just looking at the fixtures myself, Borodane. There's some tricky ties in there for the teams above us - Cardiff have a new gaffer, Wednesday and Reading have started the season well, and Fulham had picked up (and still looked decent) before we beat them.

Obviously we're away too, but Brighton haven't been too good this season. They look to have picked up slightly over the past few games, but before that when reading their board there was so much criticism. Their one main criticism is that they don't score many goals. For a side like us who look like we've cracked being defensively sound again, after some early season blips, that's a great sign.

Could go top tomorrow. That would be superb!

I don't think Brighton have kicked in since last season.. If anything they've gone backwards losing Ulloa to Leicester (although he did comically miss that penalty against us last season)

I'm expecting Vossen to get the nod ahead of Tomlin and Ayala will partner Omeruo in defence with Gibson on the bench (in my opinion he should start ahead of Ayala)

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, Hopefully there is a stream.

I think its time for Vossen to start, I think the combination of Kike and Vossen is going to be exciting and the pair of them will score plenty.

Kike has played well so far this season but I think he will improve a lot with Vossen eager to get forward and link up with him.

I'd like to see Vossen start too. From the glimpses I've seen he's going to be a class act. Great first touch and an awareness that makes the difference between a decent player and a very good one.

Ayala has to stay in the team given the way he's been performing, I know there's been a few stand out performers thus far but he's looked immense in so many games this season. Wins everything in the air and is a little more experienced than the other two.

Have to disagree on the Woody retirement suggestion. It's a long hard season and he can still come in and calm things down. Judging by the recent Albert Adomah BBC Tees interview Woody has taken on a bit of a mentor role within the squad and a future coaching role my becon. He will get opportunities this season.

No point retiring mid season. He should just continue working hard and try to be ready in the case of injury or form loss to step in and continue what hes doing in the background. Retiring would benefit no one.

Woody will most likely retire at the end of the season. As Neverbefore said, retiring now just leaves us a body down.

Am I right in thinking we can only have 5 loans in the matchday squad? This will probably mean Veljkovic will be included at the expense of Blackman, Mejias on the bench?

Hi guys

Was just about to register on here and my email was used. Apparently I registered 4 years ago and I completely forgotten about it ^-^.

I use this website roughly 3-4times a week (to read) and decided I will start posting my views also.

I see no reason why we can't go and dominate. 2-0 to Boro.