oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves (A) 0-2

DS pretty much said it all but we are now the team to be feared and as long as AK keeps everyones feet on the ground we should be ok. I would take a point but expect another close win.

It took me a while to warm to AK but it is clear that he is the real deal and we are the Chelsea of the championship. We are playing solid , winning football with the occasional touch of class and if a team finishes above us this year it will have to be as champions because I can only see top 2 from here

p.s When I said feet on the ground I meant the players not us supporters!!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

As for the team, depends on injuries. Wouldn't change a thing, apart from bringing Omeruo back in. But I guess we might be forced to seeing Blackman in for Dimi, Whitehead in for Clayton, Vossen in for Tomlin and Nsue in for Adomah.

Can't predict a score. I'm never right. A draw would be fine, but we're definitely capable of taking all three.

Why blackman for dimi?

I wouldn't make that change willingly. There was some talk on here about him having a tight hamstring towards the end of the last game. If fit, which he may well be, he has to start. Same with the other potential changes; only if those mid-game injuries prove troublesome, otherwise I wouldn't change a thing without the hindsight of seeing what goes on behind the scenes.

I hadnt heard the injury rumour. Lets hope it isnt true

It's strange he wasn't listed as an injury concern at the end of the match if this is the case. AK said that Clayton, Tomlin and Adomah were all available to feature against Wolves in his post match interview.

I hope he's okay. Dimi is the best we have.

With this side. That SG has provided at some considerable expense.'for a promotion push" The way we are playing and being able to close games out even when under some pressure. We should be targeting a two point average per game. Not the one point that the pragmatists are happy with. We want to finish it top two not the top ten. Therefore 2-1 to us. My glass is half full.

Ledesma needs to stay away from the first team and the bench, imo. I was so unimpressed against Blackpool, did nothing and only worked for himself. It would be awful for him to take a position on the pitch or bench from hard working players who deserve the nod.

I agree, he was garbage against Blackpool, but he has had some great games for us, and has won one or two more or less single-handedly.

Not making excuses for his Blackpool performance, but it could have been a case of trying a little too hard to make an impression. If he has trained hard, and looks better, he might be back in.

That said, I agree that if Adomah and Tomlin are 100%, they should be in the squad. I just think a hungry, fit Ledesma might make more of an impact than one of those if they're still carrying knocks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a change or two in the line-up after a bruising game against Brighton. Clayton, Dimi, Adomah and Tomlin all seemed to get rattled around a bit or get a strain or two. That could give the likes of Vossen a spot to start.

Wolves have had a great start but I think we can get something there. I want to say a win but I'll say a draw so I don't jinx it.

All I can say then is if Vossen does start then Wolves be very wary because this boy is beginning to grow in this team and there will be a game where he shines, he has not let himself down from his cameos so far and shown Boro fans that he will be something special given the chance................................maybe the Wolves game will be the one he does!

Im worried this game could cost us before the Watford game, Leadbitter and Friend are only 1 booking from suspension, cant see them both going another 90 without a card personally.

I understand what you are saying but hopefully the players don't think like that because it will effect there game in terms of holding back a bit which could easily cost us 3 points against Wolves, And obviously might cost us more points in other games until they get there next booking.

If they both get booked its ok because I trust Husband and Whitehead to step in for a game.

I think the only doubt for the game might be Tomlin but hopefully hes fit to play, But I would start Vossen because its time he started games and Tomlin should be the back up.

Hard game to call! think AK will 'tinker' a little, possible starts for Vossen & Bamford maybe?

Like Saturday a draw would be good , three points a big bonus but who knows with the current levels

Just rubbed the Magic Lamp so anything is possible.

UTB!

I think this game will be similar to Saturday, they'll be a bit more physical, especially up front, if we can stand up to the battle again I fancy us to win by the odd goal. I'll go 2-1 to Boro again.

I expect AK will give Vossen and Bamford a start and maybe bring Whitehead in for his physical presence.

UTB