oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves (A) 0-2

I think this will be another 2-1 Boro win... We seem to prefer playing away from home at the minute and I'm more confident than when we are playing at the Riverside. Kike is due a goal and I reckon Vossen might open his account.

Saying that I do think this will be our most difficult game of the season so far and wouldn't be surprised if we lost this to a scrappy goal.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sadly in Manchester for a concert on Tuesday night so unable to go to the game but I'd booked the tickets before the fixture list. Should have known better lol!

I'm going into this game confident. We have the meanest defence in the league and we are strong on the counter. I agree DS that we deserve the title of best away team and I think we'll pick up all three points from this one.

As for the team I'd stick with the one that did the job on Sat. Clayton should be okay to play as should Adomah and Tomlin. I'd argue that this is the perfect time to start Vossen but it seems harsh on Tomlin after he scored. In the end I think I'll still go with Vossen, he needs more game time and particularly game time with Kike.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

As for the team, depends on injuries. Wouldn't change a thing, apart from bringing Omeruo back in. But I guess we might be forced to seeing Blackman in for Dimi, Whitehead in for Clayton, Vossen in for Tomlin and Nsue in for Adomah.

Can't predict a score. I'm never right. A draw would be fine, but we're definitely capable of taking all three.

Why blackman for dimi?

They seem to think we are good with the ball and suspect without it

They obviously didnt see yesterdays game

Have a bad feeling about this one, cant see us winning for some reason, will be the toughest game so far for sure.

-----------------Dimi----------------

Fredricks--Ayala--Omerou--Friend

-------Clayton--Leadbitter---------

Adomah-----Vossen------Reach

---------------Bamford------------------

Harsh to leave Gibson or Ayala out but Omerou needs to play whenever he is available, a class above any other CB in this league. Tomlin was injured on sat so I expect Vossen to start. Hopefully Adomah and Clayton will be ok after having to go off against Brighton. Have a feeling that we might start with Bamford.

2. Attendance on Saturday if we win/draw?

- Would like to think it would be over 20k

3. Who do you think will have the biggest impact?

- Adomah, can see us being on the back foot for alot of the game, will be vital on the counter

4. Would you rather face 11 actual Wolves or 11 Bakary Sako's?

- 11 Sakos, cant see him being a good keeper

5. Who has the best hair in the Boro squad?

- Whitehead, cant beat a good no nonsense haircut :P

6. Ledesma somewhere in the squad?

cant see it, he needs to go out on loan and get game time

Great thread btw :D

1-1 Leadbitter

I would probably pick the same team as Brighton, maybe vossen in for tomlin, possibly omeruo for gibson. They're probably the best team we've come up against in the league this season so it's really important we prove we can compete with the better sides in the division. A point would be a decent result but I see no reason why we can't beat them. If we did then I think we could hit the 20k Mark against Watford!

Prediction: 1-0 boro, Clayton to score

Other fixtures for the day

English League ChampionshipTable »

Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City 19:45

Blackpool v Derby County 19:45

Bournemouth v Reading 19:45

Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday 19:45

Cardiff City v Ipswich Town 19:45

Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers 19:45

Huddersfield Town v Brighton and Hove A 19:45

Norwich City v Leeds United 19:45

Rotherham United v Fulham 19:45

Watford v Nottingham Forest 19:45

Wigan Athletic v Millwall 19:45

Wolverhampton Wndrs v Middlesbrough 19:45

Does anyone fancy a Leeds win?????

Im worried this game could cost us before the Watford game, Leadbitter and Friend are only 1 booking from suspension, cant see them both going another 90 without a card personally.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

As for the team, depends on injuries. Wouldn't change a thing, apart from bringing Omeruo back in. But I guess we might be forced to seeing Blackman in for Dimi, Whitehead in for Clayton, Vossen in for Tomlin and Nsue in for Adomah.

Can't predict a score. I'm never right. A draw would be fine, but we're definitely capable of taking all three.

Why blackman for dimi?

I wouldn't make that change willingly. There was some talk on here about him having a tight hamstring towards the end of the last game. If fit, which he may well be, he has to start. Same with the other potential changes; only if those mid-game injuries prove troublesome, otherwise I wouldn't change a thing without the hindsight of seeing what goes on behind the scenes.

I think we came away from yesterday's game with a good few injuries. I don't think anyone's buggered long term, and could all probably play on Tuesday if it comes to it. But having players more than up to the task (Vossen, Nsue, Deano) makes me feel that Tomlin, Adomah and Clayton may find themselves on the bench for this, more as a precaution than anything else. Dimi obviously picked himself up and performed admirably after his injury yesterday, but he may have woken up sore as hell this morning, so I wouldn't be utterly shocked to see Blackman start on Tuesday. If Tomlin and/or Adomah aren't fit enough to make the bench, we may see Ledesma a***st the subs.

Ledesma needs to stay away from the first team and the bench, imo. I was so unimpressed against Blackpool, did nothing and only worked for himself. It would be awful for him to take a position on the pitch or bench from hard working players who deserve the nod.