• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would have taken DG over Bamford, but that's Water under the bridge now, so all we can hope for is that Bamford get's going soon. It's not like our strikers are banging in goals, so it would be really nice if he could find his goalscoring boots and that goes for Kike too.

Well, our unbeaten run had to come to an end some time...but I didn't expect this to be the game it happened.

Missed the game (often do with midweek matches) but just going purely on the stats, it looked like we at least competed, in terms of possession, chances created etc.

Looks like we just gave away a daft penalty and were unable to convert any of the chances we created.

Funny how often (and how quickly) any strikers we sign come down with a bad bout of cantfindthegoaliosis...

...well, it would be funny if it weren't so annoying...

I feel a bit sorry for Whitehead, people seem to be happy to make him the scapegoat every time we lose a game that he plays. It is happening with Bamford too, although I can understand that, as he's obviously not set the world alight since he's been here.

For Deano though, he's had some cracking games for us, and yes, he's no Clayton, but he does a different job and is rarely the worst player on the pitch, in fact, he has put in a good shift every time I've seen him play. I think as an 'unspectacular' player, he is unfortunately always going to be given this sort of treatment.

Will try to keep gloating to a minimum.

A bit disappointed with Boro tbh, apart from a 10 minute spell after our first I don't think you really threatened us and most of the chances in that period came through our own sloppy play rather than quality attacks.

Adomah was the only player who really wowed me, I think if he'd have switched to the left wing and had a go at our right back Matt Doherty he'd have had a field day. Nothing on Sako though who was in imperious form and tormented George Friend all night.

I've heard good things about Omeruo (sp?) but he really struggled with Nouha ***o who had another good game. Delighted that he got his goal, he's been consistently one of our best players this season but has struggled to put the ball in the net.

Why did Karanka play Bamford instead of Kike? I don't think Bamford is really cut out for the lone striker role just yet, he doesn't have any great pace or strength and his movement off the ball was quite naive at times last night.

Definite penalty btw. I thought it was a bit soft at the time but looking at the highlights Friend clips his heel and actually knocks his boot off.

Boro will definitely be in the mix come the end of the season so I'm delighted with 3 points that I wasn't expecting going into the game

Will try to keep gloating to a minimum.

A bit disappointed with Boro tbh, apart from a 10 minute spell after our first I don't think you really threatened us and most of the chances in that period came through our own sloppy play rather than quality attacks.

Adomah was the only player who really wowed me, I think if he'd have switched to the left wing and had a go at our right back Matt Doherty he'd have had a field day. Nothing on Sako though who was in imperious form and tormented George Friend all night.

I've heard good things about Omeruo (sp?) but he really struggled with Nouha ***o who had another good game. Delighted that he got his goal, he's been consistently one of our best players this season but has struggled to put the ball in the net.

Why did Karanka play Bamford instead of Kike? I don't think Bamford is really cut out for the lone striker role just yet, he doesn't have any great pace or strength and his movement off the ball was quite naive at times last night.

Definite penalty btw. I thought it was a bit soft at the time but looking at the highlights Friend clips his heel and actually knocks his boot off.

Boro will definitely be in the mix come the end of the season so I'm delighted with 3 points that I wasn't expecting going into the game

Couldnt agree more. Bad day at the office for us and I was extremely disappointed.

In the end we didn't deserve anything from the game and the better team on the night won.

I still believe we will be in the mix come the end of the season though, Everyones going to have bad game at some point right?

I can't argue with your post DunblaneWolf at all and thank you for being gracious with your comments.

It is clear that Aitor Karanka agrees with your summary and like you many of us are equally disappointed with the way things turned out last night.

How a team reacts after a poorish performance is the most important thing and Boro have to turn up against Watford this coming Saturday.

We were right to be concerned about last nights game but I do hope that when the reverse fixture is played that if you attend you might see a far better Boro performance

If we win on Saturday we go 2nd, there's no need for all this doom and gloom. It was a bad day at the office, if we lose on Saturday again then I'd be slightly worried

Seems to be a mass forum hangover today!

Bad day at the office and hey we all can now look forward to one of Boro-Ungers match day threads...........will he or won't he????

Will I what? :p

is bamford on a 6 month or a season loan? just wondering if we'd look to get a replacement in, as our only other real choice upfront, we need someone reliable to make an impact when they come on.

So I'm going to have to go and read through all of the thread. I knew the result but I don't have a clue as to what went wrong because I was at a concert on Tuesday night. Disappointed but not downhearted. We can't win them all but it's a bit frustrating that we lose against a promotion rival.