oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves (A) 0-2

I suppose it depends who you believe BoroDane. Clayton got knocked out briefly on Sat due to a boot to the face and the Gazette published an article that said Adomah and Tomlin were cleared to play but that Clayton was doubtful. Deano will do a good job for us but I'd much rather have Clayton in the side. We really miss him when he doesn't play.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Clayton makes his injury worse and Leabitter picks up a yellow card then we will be down to just Whitehead and Veljkovic available for Saturday's home game against Watford, so it could make sense to put Whitehead in for Clayton, if he's at any increased risk of injury.

Have had a plea from BoroDownSouth asking me to update him with the scores.

He sends his best to everyone however his training at HMS Raleigh is on hold due to shoulder injury but he has to stay on base and has no internet to follow the game.

Do they not have Skysports at these training facilities?

He sends his best to everyone however his training at HMS Raleigh is on hold due to shoulder injury but he has to stay on base and has no internet to follow the game.

Budget cuts DS, Budget cuts...

If Clayton makes his injury worse and Leabitter picks up a yellow card then we will be down to just Whitehead and Veljkovic available for Saturday's home game against Watford, so it could make sense to put Whitehead in for Clayton, if he's at any increased risk of injury.

Not sure you can make a ball in the face worse :). But with the new rules on concusion he may not be allowed to play

Raleigh is literally 2 minutes away from where I live. Ill send smoke signals when we score.

going to be a tough game this one i think, they'll be smarting after throwing a 3-0 lead away. it'll be interesting to see if saville plays for them and weren't wolves one of the teams who were after bamford?

really hope vossen starts and gets 70+ minutes under his belt and i would like to see wildschut get some game time.

hope for a win but i'd take a draw with no injuries or suspensions for the watford game

1-1

I Know it may sound as im hedging my bets but for me we can win this relatively comfortably 2 or 3 goals if we take the lead early on but alternativelely if wolves get an early goal we could be in for a tough night . hopefully everyone will be up for it cos its a game were we cant get away with one of our poorer displays

im confident enough to go for the first option.....i think:D:D:D

Ha Ha... when i joined up those of us that had mobiles (which was only 2-3 of 60) had them taken away and we got them 7 weeks later. there will be a recruits lounge which will have sports on it I'm pretty sure. But depends if he's confined to camp or confined to the block. Either way get well soon BDS :P

I Know it may sound as im hedging my bets but for me we can win this relatively comfortably 2 or 3 goals if we take the lead early on but alternativelely if wolves get an early goal we could be in for a tough night . hopefully everyone will be up for it cos its a game were we cant get away with one of our poorer displays

im confident enough to go for the first option.....i think:D:D:D

I think a lot of folks on here are being a tad over-confident. Fair enough, given our results over the last 7 games, there is reason to be confident.

However, Wolves' form has been pretty good so far, for a newly-promoted side and I say we under-estimate them at our peril. Yes, they've had some slip-ups, but then so have we.

My concern largely stems from the fact we've been getting good results without necessarily playing particularly well...which can be good or bad, depending how you look at it.

I'm just worried the lads will think they'll be able to get a result putting in 50-75% effort, while Wolves go all-out and end up bagging all 3 points. Of course, we could always put in an improved performance and win comfortably, but we shouldn't take it for granted that we will.

Also - get well soon BDS! ;)

I think this is going to be the start of two season-defining games so far - if on Saturday we've got 4 points (or hopefully more) I'll be very happy. See tonight being a draw myself, if we keep Sako quiet we have a good chance.

Agree on Vossen, been mildly disappointed with Kike in the last couple of games

I do not think we are underestimating Wolves in any way shape or form in fact there seems to be totally agreement that this is our biggest test so far.

This certainly is not akin to SW nor Reading in my opinion rather a really stiff test of our current excellent away form, Wolves fans from what I have read do not see this game as a walk in the park either so maybe just maybe we should all start beginning to believe in OUR team and the problems we can cause them.

Certainly I get the impression that AK wants us to score early in away games so that we can set the pace of the game, let them chase us and see how good defensively they are to fast counter attacking.

We are a very different team to one year ago..........honest injun!!