oneBoro Forum

Our home form against Watford recently has not been the best and therefore a win for them and perhaps Derby at the weekend will see us fall off the pace of the leaders of the division and a point gap opening which of course no-one wants, well actually only Boro fans really!

Would a draw be seen as a decent result? Yes I suppose it would however more so if you are a Watford fan or associated with the club in a professional capacity, a home fans view well it is not a defeat the point gap has not been extended between the 2 teams and as they are above us then not too bad..........I suppose.

They are a good team for sure and they are not in a false position in the league irrespective of the problems they have been enduring in terms of Management but if Boro are to solidify and move ahead from our current position then as many others have said we simply have to start beating those teams in and around the higher position places of the division.

Sternest test of our mettle at home so far? without doubt!

The need for Boro to wipe out the memory of the Wolves game? yes most definitely!

THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.............so far!? Indeed!! (well to me anyway would like others opinion on this)

Come on Boro!!! (PS great O/P Boro-Unger)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It is without doubt the most important game of the season so far. We simply cannot lose this one. A win will put us into the top-2 and we need to take advantage of that.

definitely a massive game, just got tickets booked, I'm hoping for a good crowd in the ground. I think its way to close to call any result on this one. On our day we fear nobody but sometimes our lack of creativity under the cosh is our downfall. I think the one bonus here is that Watford wont come here and just shut up shop, they'll be trying to play footy so it should be a nice open game.

Excellent thread BU !

Tough game and hoping to squeak a 2-1 out of it. After Tuesday I actually think we have more chance of winning as they will surely be up for this one

At this stage of the season no game is a "must win" as a long way to go but you do feel that a draw is the worst we want here.

Agree with most of the above its a massive game! If we win it'll send out a message to the rest of the league that we mean business. 3 of our next 4 games are at home with the away game being at Rotheram. Imagine what the mood will be like on here if we pick up maximum points from those games.

I'm not sure that we should over-hype this game, there is a long way to go, a lot of matches to be played between now and the end of the season. I'm worried about this game, we haven't beaten anyone in the top half of the table yet and this is a massive test for us.

I think AK will play.....Dimi, Friend, Omeruo, Ayala, Fredricks, Whitehead, Clayton, Reach, Tomlin, Adomah and Kike.

The bench will be Meijas, Gibson, Vossen, Veljkovic, Nsue, Bamford and Wildschut.

It'll be a tough game, I can't see us winning, best we can hope for is a draw, should we play for a draw?

I'm not sure that we should over-hype this game, there is a long way to go, a lot of matches to be played between now and the end of the season. I'm worried about this game, we haven't beaten anyone in the top half of the table yet and this is a massive test for us.

I think AK will play.....Dimi, Friend, Omeruo, Ayala, Fredricks, Whitehead, Clayton, Reach, Tomlin, Adomah and Kike.

The bench will be Meijas, Gibson, Vossen, Veljkovic, Nsue, Bamford and Wildschut.

It'll be a tough game, I can't see us winning, best we can hope for is a draw, should we play for a draw?

NO. We should play for a win and reluctantly take a Draw if we can't break them Down.

We should never play for a draw against anyone in this league, never mind at home. If we play the way we have proven we can then I think we can beat Watford, but it is going to be a close game either way

Anything less than 3 points will be very disappointing.

First of our home form needs to improve. The only team we have played in the top 6 as it stands is Wolves who lets be honest dominated the game and fully deserved the win, That game is followed by another top 6 team (Watford). We are at home and with the squad we have should be the team who looks to start on the front foot and try to dominate the game like Wolves did to us.

If we have any aspirations of finishing in the top two then I don't think before the game anyone should think 1 point will be a good one, Obviously circumstances during the game might change that, For example a sending off.

I think our squad is strong enough that we should be going in to all our home games with the mind set that we are going to dominate the game and take all three points but of course it wont always work,

IMO The personnel needs to change at home, Like I have said before Reach is a brilliant player to have start away from home but at home we should play someone with more attacking ability. I think Nsue is more of a threat going forward and if given the chance I reckon Wildshcut might offer more but I would play Nsue at home.

Hopefully Saturday is the start of a partnership of Kike and Vossen.

I would start with the Spurs lad along side Clayton against Watford, Whitehead is to slow in possession to be fair hes all round game is.

Lets start another great run of form this Saturday with 3 points. UTB.

i fear for this game too ... i was offered a seat but declined due to the fact that the last 2 times ive seen us play watford weve lost so thought i might be an unlucky omen , they seem to find the net in all thier games (cue someone quoting a recent game where they didnt :D) and to win i believe will will need at least 2 goals but i dunno watford just frighten me .

Hope im wrong mind .

Watford's strike force is quite scary I must admit and there is the possibility that Deeney may start tomorrow. Vydra and Deeney is the best strike partnership in this league without a doubt. We must keep them both quiet if we want to win